HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RUmor is we signed Matt Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
RUmor is we signed Matt Moore
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:25AM

DOlfanmark i believe was the one that called this, I am look for a source, I saw it posted on twitter through a DOlphins news feeder

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RUmor is we signed Matt Moore
Date: July 29, 2011 06:26AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:31AM

OMG I AM THRU WITH THIS TEAM!!

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:47AM

we better cut twiggy for this and still go after orton, or i will be pissed

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: July 29, 2011 06:53AM

who is twiggy? if u mean thigpen he signed w the bills

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:58AM

The Slum-Sentinel is now reporting this as well.

Date: July 29, 2011 06:58AM

They are playing this like they actually believe in Henne, dont jump ship yet Berk, What happens if Henne does play well... Then everything they did was 100 percent on point IMO...

Date: July 29, 2011 07:00AM

What I'm not sure of is, why does this slam the door on the Orton negotiations? Can't Moore simply become our #3 if Orton somehow lands in the FO's lap?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:02AM

Guys, guys.....

Calm down.

Listen at this, Ireland is a genius and this is why....

Do you not all realize that Denver is trying to make a ploy by "starting" Kyle Orton at QB during training camp.

So, Ireland signs Matt Moore to give a "we dont need Orton" ploy that makes Orton's stock plummet.

Now, Denver thinks they are stuck with Tebow AND Orton's salary, they will now be in a panic mode, and either A.) accept a low round pic for him or B.) cut him.

And they will not cut him, so....look for Orton to be here in a week for a 4th round pick. Instead of the 2nd Denver is trying to get.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 29, 2011 07:04AM

We are the only team that needs a QB. Denver has no other option than to meet our demands, eat Orton's salary and cut him, or pay him the money.

And they are not going to do the 2nd, or 3rd.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 07:10AM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:08AM

A&O it is even more complicated then as you described Ireland.
Denver was suppose to be the lead team expected to go after Moore, after we signed Orton. So now we have the guy they had interest as signing as their number 2 or 3.
I like it becasue I dont want to sign a QB that is going to right Henne out with out a legitimate shot, because of a big number against the cap.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:14AM

at some point DEN is just going to laugh and walk away and say "have fun with matt moore," losers. I know bc I am close to doing the same thing.

If true, very disappointing...
Posted by: Fins72 ()

If Matt Moore is in reality signed, then we are likely looking at a player who is probably no better than Henne. Although I never believed that Orton was a true franchise QB, he would've made us better, I think, by playing competently and most importantly, by not turning the ball over. It's possible that there really were no other options, but it's still disappointing. Hey maybe Pat Devlin will win the starting job and become the next great QB in Miami? Just kidding.

Re: If true, very disappointing...

Matt Moore will be our 3rd string QB.

---------------------

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:05AM

From your lips to God's ear.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:14AM

matt moore "no better than henne"? you are nuts he is WORSE than Henne. And this is our "upgrade"??

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:21AM

Signing Moore doesn't necessarily mean we won't continue to go after Orton. I can see a scenario where we trade or cut Henne and trade for or sign Orton if he gets released. Matt Moore provides insurance and actually may give us some levarage. As for whether or not he is better than Henne, I don't think any of us know that yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 07:24AM by Jonathan Twilley.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:25AM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Signing Moore doesn't Necessarily mean we won't
> continue to go after Orton. I can see a scenario
> where we trade or cut Henne and trade for or sign
> Orton if he gets released. Matt Moore provides
> insurance and actually may give us some levarage.
> As for whether or not he is better than Henne, I
> don't think any of us know that yet.

That's what I'm thinking (hoping!@)

Date: July 29, 2011 07:31AM

cutting henne in favor or moore, even if we get orton, is also a mistake. he's got more upside than moore and as everyone seems to be saying, he still has a chance to be a good QB

this is not part of some master plan, just the culmination of more bumbling from the FO. our QBs--Henne, Moore, Devlin. SB here we come!!

Date: July 29, 2011 07:44AM

we are truly pathetic.
from espn----

As John Clayton is reporting, Dolphins signing former Panthers QB Matt Moore and bypassing chance to trade for Kyle Orton

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:46AM

A&O has it right. Signing Moore is only a reaction to Thigpen leaving. He will be our 3rd stringer.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:50AM

first, we paid him a lot of $$ (5mm) to be a 3d stringer. second, who is going to be the 1st/2d stringer? Bulger? if so why aren't we even talking to him.

he is not being brought in as 3d stringer

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:52AM

Date: July 29, 2011 07:54AM

Date: July 29, 2011 07:56AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:58AM

I don't see Moore as any better than Thigpen, who was our 3rd stringer last year. I still think we could get Orton, so 1st and 2nd string would be between him and Henne.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:59AM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:00AM

I am now starting to doubt my prior statement. It could be that Ireland believes that Matt Moore is a viable option and is the reason he wasn't willing to act desperate and overspend for Orton.

Former NFL scout and draft expert for TSN has said the following things on Twitter recently:

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
Finished evaluating QB Matt Moore on Wednesday & really like him. I believe he has talent to become a VG starting QB in the NFL.
26 May

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
After grading Carolina's Matt Moore I was so impressed that I am even more shocked that they would use the # 1 pick on Cam Newton.
26 May

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
Matt Flynn and Matt Moore are both very good young QB's - Flynn would need to be traded for, but Moore is available as FA right now.
20 hours ago

RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
While I like Orton, I think Matt Moore is a vastly under-rated QB and will easily win the starting QB job and will shine in 2011.
19 minutes ago

Maybe signing Moore isn't the end of the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 08:03AM by Jonathan Twilley.

Date: July 29, 2011 08:00AM

phinsfan, I have no idea what you have seen from this FO that makes you think they are at all clever. Nope, this is their big QB deal of the offseason they've been talking about for months. all because they won't give up a 3d vs a 4th rounder for Orton. It would be comical were it not so predictable and depressing.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:07AM

Moore has been playing in the system of a guy who coached alongside Daboll in New England. Moore is a good fit in this regard. And he's young, with some upside. Look what he did in 2009, a passer rating of 98.5. 2010 was a disaster, but the whole team was a disaster, losing their best RB and having arguably the worst group of WR in the league.

Jim Miller, on Sirius, just talked about this. Referring to Orton, he said that Orton would win any straight up competition with Tebow, but beating out Henne would be a much more difficult challenge.

People need to get over the idea that somehow Orton is a great QB. He's not. That's why Chicago traded him and two first round picks for Jay Cutler. It's why Denver went after Tebow, and is now trying to trade Orton. Teams don't get rid of franchise QBs.

The TD/INT ratio is great. But, look at the whole package. Look where Orton's stats were 3 years into his career. Look at his performance on 3rd downs. Look at his performance when blitzed. Look at the W-L record of games he starts. Why aren't other teams actively trying to trade for him? He would be competition for Henne, not a guaranteed upgrade. And Ireland refused to compensate the Broncos like Orton is automatically going to be our long term answer at QB. Ireland did his job well. Thank goodness we are not giving up picks and a big contract for more desperation at the QB position.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.