HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vick!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Vick!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:08AM

yes i have been there and seen those dogs first hand in Utah. And yes stood in front of them.
Thanks for your insight, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:08AM

ChyrenB, don’t let me get in the way of your adolescent “gay name calling” and sundry incoherencies.

You be the man dude.

Everyone in these here parts can clearly see that!

But your incessant over-compensation (via your internet persona) is highly transparent and quite sad to witness.

Do you have family near?

smiling smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:21AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always though pit bulls were actually bred to
> fight?
>

Originally, yes. They were put in a "pit" to fight, hence the name of the breed. The barbarity of this type of activity was eventually realized by society, so the original purpose is now illegal, as far as I know. So nowadays, pitbulls are (supposed to be) bred as pets and show dogs, as are most dog breeds.

The aggressiveness is bred out of the breed by *RESPONSIBLE* breeders. By this I mean, when a responsible breeder (who truly loves the dogs and prefers them to be companion pets instead of tortured to death) notices puppies in a litter that show the aggressive tendencies of fighting dogs, they neuter those pups. The other puppies in the litter which have more desirable traits (i.e., they don't attack) are the ones that are bred when they mature. This process by the responsible breeders stops the bad traits from being passed along in the breed.

This of course, isn't a universal practice. Thanks to people like Vick. When Vick's dogs didn't fight violently enough to entertain him, he tortured and killed them, and he bred the ones showing the aggressive traits. He obviously isn't the only one doing this. Drug dealers and gang members do the same thing, partially because they believe the fighting dogs are protective, but mostly because they are compensating for their own insecurities and shortcomings.

>
> Their intrinsic DNA directive.
>

Only if those traits are passed along in breeding (see above). Pit bulls can actually be great pets. If bred and raised properly.

> In this light, Vick was simply giving them what
> they really wanted.
>

Your light is a bit cloudy. They really wanted to be tortured and drowned, eh?

> Now he’s giving the fans in Philly what they
> want.
>

Now here I see some truth. Have you seen Philly fans? They are a lot like illegally-bred pit bulls.

> And Vick may be the only hope of stopping the
> patsies from sliming another SB.

Ugh, and don't think I haven't thought of this already. Which group of a-holes do I dislike more? Hopefully it won't come to that.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:21AM

Date: December 20, 2010 09:24AM

Again, Stank, do you just post crap to be posting crap?

Date: December 20, 2010 09:39AM

ChyrenB, you are such a smack meister.

Ouch. You naughty. And so twicky

and full of subliminal ploys and

probably a secret stash of dirty hankies.

Why do you respond to “crap.”

Just ignore me and I’ll 100% reciprocate (that means

I won’t pay attention to you either). Now

go away.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:47AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, let's take if further, Wannyblows. What if
> the guy were a child molester.
>
> Now don't come back with "you can't compare the
> two." Because I'm not trying to compare the two.
>
> What I'm trying to let you see that, it is a
> question of what off-the-field behavior you are
> willing to turn a blind eye to.
>
> If you are willing to say that there is nothing a
> player could do off-field to turn my stomach, then
> why are you arguing my point.
>
> If you would say, "I draw the line at
> child-molestation" then what gives you the right
> to criticize where I draw the line?

How do you go from Swagger and a Smirk to child molestation? You got issues man, make up your mind? I bet MarshallBURNSRevis would love to go hold your hand right about now LOL

Date: December 20, 2010 09:49AM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
> How do you go from Swagger and a Smirk to child
> molestation? You got issues man, make up your
> mind? I bet MarshallBURNSRevis would love to go
> hold your hand right about now LOL

I sure would Wanny, you know i like me them prosecutor gays...

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:38AM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
> Dude prosecutor, judge, detective, I don't give a
> crap what job you do. Nobody in this world knows
> what Vick is feeling, or what he's sorry for but
> Vick himself.
>
> At the end of the day, he served his time for the
> crime he commited unlike the rest of the criminals
> in the NFL that got a free pass out of jail.
>
> What Vick did was terrible and we all know that
> but the guy has a right to earn a living just like
> the rest of us.

Sure, let him earn it somewhere else. I don't want to be forced to cheer for a psychopath. Thanks.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:43AM

Vick is sick, don't ever want him on this team. EVER!!!!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:22AM

But you would take Rothlisberger, right!?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:47AM

I would welcome Vick to the team and believe that he has paid for his transgressions.

I also believe that he's a better fit in Philly, but don't think that he'd be another AJ Feeley...he's something special and just happens to be in the perfect place in Philly.

I also believe that he will be signed or franchised by Philly.

Date: December 20, 2010 12:17PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> But you would take Rothlisberger, right!?

Of course they would, because he goes after drunk girls instead of pit bulls. But that's ok I guess

Date: December 20, 2010 12:39PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> But you would take Rothlisberger, right!?

Actually no, I wouldn't. Andrew luck, tebow, etc. That type of caliber is what I would look for.

Date: December 20, 2010 12:41PM

yeah, I'd sign him, for just the reason wannyblows said. check back with me after he strangles or electrocutes someone, I may have a different opinion.

Date: December 20, 2010 12:49PM

Bro, he assaulted them, which I think, is the same as strangling or electrocuting them.

---------------------

Date: December 20, 2010 12:59PM

Isn't Rothlisberger Indo-European?

Plus dudes like Tebow have been known to snap after they find out Santa isn't real.

I'd take my chances with Cason Palmer if he's in play.

No WAY Vick gets out of Philly. The kid in like the comeback player of the century.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:07PM

Plus dudes like Tebow have been known to snap after they find out Santa isn't real.

LOL!!!!! dude that made my day man, that's some funny sh**t

Date: December 20, 2010 01:18PM

Date: December 20, 2010 01:33PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Bro, he assaulted them, which I think, is the same
> as strangling or electrocuting them.

Doing what he did to dogs is not the same as rothlisberger did to the women. Women sometimes deserve it, the dogs did not.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:39PM

OMG!!!

Someone call the police!

dolfan1, are you wanted in 20 states?

You should be whipped by that ChernyB dude...

LOL

Date: December 20, 2010 02:12PM

Quote:

"I'd take my chances with Cason Palmer if he's in play."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Never heard of this guy, Cason.

And no, I dont have facebook.

---------------------

Date: December 20, 2010 02:26PM

Been away from the board for awhile.

It's interesting how the Vick defenders instantly go to questions of manhood.

Somehow they really admire what Vick did to the dogs.

It is proof to them that Vick is "a real man." They mix up the concepts of pit bulls, toughness, manhood, fighting and football and lash out at anyone saying its cruel as being less than a "real man." Hey, that ain't what football is about. If you have to buy your manhood, go follow some other sport. Be a wrestling fan.

I'd like to meet some of you guys on a real field to see how tough you are. You think Vick is some type of tough guy because he can electrocute helpless animals?

And another thing, for the person who posted that these are pit bulls and can take care of themselves, for your information, these slime balls steal puppies and helpless street dogs and use them for bait. What about those dogs? It's not just the ones they put in the pit to fight. And what about Vick electrocuting the ones that don't want to fight. I guess you guys think that's okay too because the dogs being killed are not "macho."

So how MACHO IS THAT??

Hell, I've got a dog and a wolf. Yes, a full blown grey Wolf! The gentlest thing in the world. One Xmas night he was howling all night until I finally went out to see what he was howling at and it was a tiny little kitten that had slipped through the fence from next door. He didn't harm a hair on its head.

Bastards like this would take my wolf and because he is gentle in this respect and try to either use him for bait or strangle. They would be in for a surprise. Better yet, I would like for one of you tough guys on this board to be the one trying because you would see the wolf come out of Freddie and you'd deserve just what you'd get.

Yeah, you tough guys are like every criminal. You're tough until you meet somebody really tough and then you become like little girls.

Vick is a punk. I'd like to see him confront just one mean pit bull without all of the protections he utilizes as a pit-bull owner fighter.

And let me say one thing else. Don't bring in this stuff about wife beaters. A human being, particularly a grown up, has a telephone. She can use it. She has a way of getting away from an abuser.

What escape does a helpless animal have.

And to the moron who could not understand what I was getting about with Child molesters, let me break it down. I said that to ask how far would you be willing to go.

Now, answer the question. You won't go as far as accepting a child molester but you would go so far as admiring some jerk who kills helpless animals. So where on the line of sociopaths do you draw the line?

Date: December 20, 2010 02:29PM

I am not defending his actions. Killing animals is terrible. But, I think, killing humans is worse. Assaulting humans is worse.

That's just my opinion, though.

---------------------

Date: December 20, 2010 02:59PM

well said CB

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: December 20, 2010 03:46PM

Quite honestly, I'm not sure what to think of Michael at this point. As a Hokie, I cheered loudly for the guy and enjoyed every second he was at Virginia Tech. I also had the opportunity to interact with him several times while he was a student. My uncle has worked in the athletic department at Tech for twenty plus years, and is a former teammate and still good friend of Coach Beamer, which gives me some insight to what's going on with the team.

During his time at Virginia Tech, Vick was a class act. He was simply amazing on the field and became an instant star around Blacksburg. I have to give him credit for the things he did in the community while he was there. He often visited a children's hospital, elementary schools, and would make appearances at Blacksburg High School's football practices. Not many people knew that. He always showed up unannounced, never wanting any attention or praise. To be honest, in the times that I was around Michael he always seemed very shy and quiet, but extremely polite.

When I heard about the dogfighting I was as disgusted as most people. Money changes people, and I think that's exactly what happened with him. Some people can handle money and fame, some can't. When Vick left Tech for the NFL, he kept close contact with Coach Beamer who was like a father figure to him. In the years that followed Michael drifted away from him, never returning phone calls or keeping in touch. In my opinion, he became arrogant and felt like he was entitled. He associated himself with bad people who wanted a piece of his fortune. I'm not here to make excuses for him, that's just my opinion of what happened to him.

I'm not sure how I feel about Michael now. I do know that he is one of the best athletes I have ever witnessed in any sport. I do think he has taken the right steps to redemption. I know for a fact that he has re-connected with Frank Beamer for advice. With that being said, that still does not excuse what he did. But it's not up to me to judge him. If he's truly committed to becoming a better man and changing the direction of his life then I wish him the best.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 03:52PM

Date: December 20, 2010 03:54PM

didn't the dolphins have a safety gene atkins who firebombed someone's house?

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 04:20PM

Date: December 20, 2010 04:55PM

feed the wolf

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.