HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vick!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Vick!
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 06:58PM

Make him the highest paid QB....get him in a Fins uniform.

He will win league MVP this year and when focused is the BEST player in the NFL!

Philly are notoriously cheap regarding contracts and at 30, we could sign him long term.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vick!
Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:02PM

Ever heard of a franchise tag? This guy isn't getting out of Philly.

I agree we should go after a FAST, elusive QB which is why Ive mentioned Dennis Dixon or Troy Smith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 07:04PM by 561_Dolphins.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:03PM

please, philly will franchise him and never let him go.

that said, I don't want this piece of sh*t dog torturer on this team. ever.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:11PM

No thanks. I'd rather root for a loser than root for a psychopath.

And I don't even like dogs.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:13PM

To say you don't want him because of his past is lame.

Keep up with that motto and watch the rest of the league add Lombardi trophies, while we still dream about the 70's.

Yes, he did inhumane things, however, no people were killed and he's probably helped out the humane's society cause more than anyone could have imagined.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:14PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:20PM

Date: December 19, 2010 07:21PM

He's got a cannon for an arm and is top 10 in the league for speed.

If he's franchised, couldn't we sign him along with (2) 1st round draft picks?

I'd definitely take that gamble.

The man rushed for 130 yds and almost threw for 300yds today. Plus he draws personal foul penalties like nobody else.

Our offence is 2nd to last in the NFL....we NEED a difference maker...

New England are only getting better, we will never close the gap with what we have now.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:31PM

the guy is a psychopath. you want to root for someone like that? sorry but I think I draw the line at those who personally strangle, drown, and electrocute dogs. not to mention abuse them since birth so they are so crazy they want to tear eachother apart for the amusement of a bunch of low lifes. but I guess you're OK with that? he does have a really strong arm.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:33PM

Date: December 19, 2010 07:35PM

jets/eagles SB, now that would truly be painful. I of course would want the jets to lose, but not to a team with vick as QB. I guess I will just bet the under and root for turnovers.

jets won't make the SB, though---they're a bunch of pretenders.

Date: December 19, 2010 07:37PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:29PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:32PM

I forgot to add that in my line of work you see a lot of criminals feigning redemption. Yes, some are sincere. I can just take one look in Michael Vick's eyes (for example, he showed up at a Laker's game and walked through the cheers of the crowd) and tell you just looking at him, he is in no way sorry and in no way changed.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:30AM

Andy Ried doesn't get the credit he deserves for the job he does with QBs. Also there isn't a snow balls chance in hell that this guy gets out of Philly. (the little black dot after Philly stands for PERIOD!)

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:44AM

561_Dolphins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever heard of a franchise tag? This guy isn't
> getting out of Philly.
>
> I agree we should go after a FAST, elusive QB
> which is why Ive mentioned Dennis Dixon or Troy
> Smith

Fast feet doesn't define a good QB in this day and age. Vick is a major exception. If we wanted a QB that could run we'd have kept Pat White.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:45AM

Vick's personal issues aside, lets remember this has been ONE good most of a season. He's always been up and down. He's fresh after being 'away' for a while and came back in great shape and focused. Let's see if it lasts with the grind and all the distractions back around him.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:49AM

@#$%& Vick, I would not want him here he is a piece of shit and nothing is worse than having him in the NFL

And he will be franchised in Philly, so we will never see him in a phins outfit, thank god.

Date: December 20, 2010 06:50AM

I agree 100% with CB and dolphan1 in the same post. Sign of the apocolypse?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:01AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:06AM

Slaughtering for food is one thing. Torture, for one's own enjoyment, is another. See the difference?

Date: December 20, 2010 07:18AM

Of course there's no "torture" involved in packing cattle into a box car so stuffed they can't move and then letting them march to their doom. Perhaps they actually "sense" what's going on?

Perhaps they actually hear the saw as it cuts through the neck of the steer 3 places in front of them?

Or then again, how about the "torture" involved beating the hell out of a woman? Or any fellow human? Does that count?

I do see the difference between a dog and a human.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:45AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course there's no "torture" involved in packing
> cattle into a box car so stuffed they can't move
> and then letting them march to their doom.

You're right. There isn't. Comparatively speaking.

> Perhaps
> they actually "sense" what's going on?

> Perhaps they actually hear the saw as it cuts
> through the neck of the steer 3 places in front of
> them?
>

Not likely.

Cows are relatively stupid animals, so they probably don't know what's going on. Plus, from what I've seen (in a documentary, years ago) they are electrocuted before the slicing begins (read, instant death). As gross as a slaughterhouse is, cattle die a MUCH more merciful death than Vick's dogs, for the purpose of feeding humans. Humans need food to survive (vegetarian arguments aside); livestock cattle are killed in a (relatively) merciful manner for this purpose.

Vick killed lots of dogs by torturing them to death, drowning, etc. not for the purpose of feeding anyone but instead for his own enjoyment. Humans do NOT need to torture dogs to survive, their killing served no purpose but entertainment for a very disturbed individual.

If you don't see the difference in the above two cases, then I can't help you.

>
> Or then again, how about the "torture" involved
> beating the hell out of a woman? Or any fellow
> human? Does that count?
>

Yeah it counts, and it's a crime. I think we agree on that at least.
But I don't understand what point you are trying to make exactly. Did someone declare otherwise?

> I do see the difference between a dog and a human.

Yes, a human's life is more valuable than a dog's. But that doesn't mean someone should be allowed to get their jollies from torturing dogs.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:49AM

I forgot to add that in my line of work you see a lot of criminals feigning redemption. Yes, some are sincere. I can just take one look in Michael Vick's eyes (for example, he showed up at a Laker's game and walked through the cheers of the crowd) and tell you just looking at him, he is in no way sorry and in no way changed.

You're kidding me right Chyren?

OH! So now you're God too?? Some people talk so much crap, when was the last time you had lunch with this guy? Or in his house? Some of you act like you know these people. Give me a break man, don't say he's not sorry. Only he knows the answer to that so don't judge and don't assume without knowing. I don't care what line of work you're in, you're not him so you don't know. Period!

And something else, is he the only athlete to ever commit a crime? Stallworth killed a man a year ago because he couldn't control his alcohol or drug intake whatever he was on and then bought the family, the judge and everybody else so he won't do more time. He's playing in the NFL right now, so it's ok for him but not for Vick. Oh let me guess, he is sorry for what he did right but Vick is not? Do you know the answer to that one also? Give me a break dude.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:50AM

This world is jacked up.

Mike Vick is involved with animals being killed and he is considered by most people as the worst scum on the planet.

But.....

Ray Lewis *KILLS A HUMAN BEING* and it is never brought up. Donte Stallworth *KILLS A HUMAN BEING* and gets *30 DAYS IN JAIL* and it is never brought up.

Ridiculous. I would take Vick in a heart beat. What Berkeley said is garbage.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 20, 2010 07:59AM

(A) there are certain human beings whose life I value less than a dog's, yes.

(B ) Stallworth didn't do what he did on purpose, in the sense that he deliberately tried to kill the person he hit. if he ran over a dog that morning, it wouldnt' have made the papers, so your comparison is faulty. if he deliberately tried to kill thar guy, he'd likely be on death row. lewis gets a pass from everyone b/c he was acquitted, but if he did actually kill someone, then yes, he'd deserve all the derision and punishment he could get.

(C) as for people who get smacked around by players, 2 things---(1) those people aren't tourtured (strung up and strangled, drowned, electrocuted, but maybe smacked in the face and (2) those people are in the relationship with open eyes---they know who they are dating and are along for the ride (money, status, etc) and whatever bad comes along with it, so I don't equate them with an innocent animal who is being abused for someonone's sadistic amusment. I have less sympathy for those people than a dog or cat.

(D) finally, the type of person who tortures animals for FUN (there is a difference between this and the meat packing industry, which I agree is horrible in its own way, but you are being deliberatley obtuse if you can't see it) are SOCIOPATHS!! practically every serial killer has a history of toruturing dogs, cats, etc when they were younger. I don't want this kind of person on my team. You don't suddently see the error in your ways when you are starting out from this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 08:00AM by berkeley223.

Date: December 20, 2010 08:02AM

I think ChB is a prosecutor (he's mentioned this in the past) so I think he knows what he's talking about when he says he's been around criminals showing false remorse

Date: December 20, 2010 08:18AM

Wooooooo! Now that's some smack!

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:18AM

Dude prosecutor, judge, detective, I don't give a crap what job you do. Nobody in this world knows what Vick is feeling, or what he's sorry for but Vick himself.

At the end of the day, he served his time for the crime he commited unlike the rest of the criminals in the NFL that got a free pass out of jail.

What Vick did was terrible and we all know that but the guy has a right to earn a living just like the rest of us.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:27AM

Sorry Berk, I respectfully disagree with you.

I have never killed a culturally loved animal. But, I think people who kill other people are worse human beings than people that kill animals.

Ray Lewis and Donte Stallworth are worse than Vick, in my opinion.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.