HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat's Hernandez Questioned in Homicide Probe
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Pat's Hernandez Questioned in Homicide Probe
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 05:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pat's Hernandez Questioned in Homicide Probe
Date: June 19, 2013 06:54AM

Not what Belichick had in mind when he said the Pats would KILL this season..........grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:22AM

Looking like either he or one of his buddies is or are good for this. No way this is pure random coincidence. He rented the car and from what I thought I read, the victim either ran in the same circles or actually knew him and/or his posse.

Not good. Not good at all. Glad it's not a Dolphin and makes Chad Johnson's problems pale in comparison.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:09PM

He also allegedly shot a friend in the face back in February, in Miami! Time to send this bird away

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 06:38PM

He's 6'1" 245 lbs & needs to run around with a gun. What a punk. Then he gets into an argument, points a gun at someone, it discharges, & the victim gets shot.

If any of us here did that we'd be in jail right now for attempted murder. I don't get why the dude isn't behind bars. Even if his "friend" told the police it was an accident, you don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot. Period dot. Did he even at least get charged with reckless endangerment?

I don't even understand why he isn't considered to be at least a possible suspect for this latest event. Maybe his gun went off by accident again. The dude is clearly a douche.

Way to go Pats. Always shopping in the bargain basement for talent. Oh wait but they're such geniuses. I would love so much for this off-season to bite them in the ass really hard.

Date: June 19, 2013 08:09PM

808, we would be in jail for manslaughter or murder. Attempted murder only applies if the victim lives. Here the victim died. It was a homicide- which means the death of a person at the hands of another other than by accident or legal excuse. Pointing a gun at someone, even as a joke, is manslaughter even if it accidentally discharges. The criminal element of mens rea (that guilty state of mind) necessary for any criminal conviction is supplied by the extreme danger in brandishing a gun (it's the same thing as why you get convicted of manslaughter for reckless driving). So I agree with you entirely that he is being let off. Even if the gun did accidentally discharge, what the hell was he doing pointing it at someone. Maybe if they were all horsing around and the victim was another friend, then it's another story but I thought this was a hostile confrontation.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 06:08AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 20, 2013 06:31AM

WOW, this is getting very interesting

Date: June 20, 2013 06:41AM

Date: June 20, 2013 07:01AM

holic, you are mixing up the 2 cases. in this one the victim died and hernandez may be arrested in connection with the murder. the other one happened earlier in the year and supposedly the vicim was his friend and hernandez shot him---there was just a civil suit filed by the guy the other day against hernandez.
not a good week for aaron hernandez! I know he dropped in the draft due to smoking weed but I didn't know he was this kind of a thug. I mean he went to UF, how could he be? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 20, 2013 07:38AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808, we would be in jail for manslaughter or
> murder. Attempted murder only applies if the
> victim lives. Here the victim died. It was a
> homicide- which means the death of a person at the
> hands of another other than by accident or legal
> excuse. Pointing a gun at someone, even as a
> joke, is manslaughter even if it accidentally
> discharges. The criminal element of mens rea
> (that guilty state of mind) necessary for any
> criminal conviction is supplied by the extreme
> danger in brandishing a gun (it's the same thing
> as why you get convicted of manslaughter for
> reckless driving). So I agree with you entirely
> that he is being let off. Even if the gun did
> accidentally discharge, what the hell was he doing
> pointing it at someone. Maybe if they were all
> horsing around and the victim was another friend,
> then it's another story but I thought this was a
> hostile confrontation.

Welcome to Florida! This is where all professionals relocate because they can't make it else where and come here to try and make it by political gain and can't stand defeat.

My point? Without a Victim the case gets hard to prove, especially when the victim is alive and not willing to cooperate. This usually means a NON win in the W/L box and do not prosecute. It comes down to WIN/LOSE not RIGHT/WRONG. I've brought the State Attorney some serious cases they declined to prosecute because it would cost a lot , might give them negative publicity if they lose.

I don't even think about it anymore or it would drive me crazy. Just not my problem. I do my job and have to move on. Dolphins help me with that. thumbs upwinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 20, 2013 07:43AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> holic, you are mixing up the 2 cases. in this one
> the victim died and hernandez may be arrested in
> connection with the murder. the other one happened
> earlier in the year and supposedly the vicim was
> his friend and hernandez shot him---there was just
> a civil suit filed by the guy the other day
> against hernandez.
> not a good week for aaron hernandez! I know he
> dropped in the draft due to smoking weed but I
> didn't know he was this kind of a thug. I mean he
> went to UF, how could he be? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm not mixing them up, I know the link I posted was from the earlier case, my question was (you may be able to answer it best), why wasn't he charged with the earlier shooting, or if his buddy was un-cooperative and didn't give his name up, why wasn't it investigated better? If a guy walks into a hospital missing an eye from a gun shot, shouldn't there be questions asked?

Date: June 20, 2013 07:45AM

i think the friend never reported it to the cops, but I am not following it too closely so I could be wrong. maybe he told the hospital he shot himself by mistake, I don't think they'd probe much more at that point

Date: June 20, 2013 07:55AM

Anyone shot in anyway is investigated. You investigate it to the end then decide if a crime has been committed. Or if you have probable cause that a crime has been committed. Then the person is arrested and formally charged. Then its up to the State Attorney. Most of the time with a case like this one the state attorney is included before any charges are filed and its determined just to be dismissed. This could be for many reasons, most likely , the lack of a victim or any corporation. But I'm sure it was investigated and just found not worthy of their time. I bet the victim got a new SUV for his troubles. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 20, 2013 08:16AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Anyone shot in anyway is investigated. You
> investigate it to the end then decide if a crime
> has been committed. Or if you have probable cause
> that a crime has been committed. Then the person
> is arrested and formally charged. Then its up to
> the State Attorney. Most of the time with a case
> like this one the state attorney is included
> before any charges are filed and its determined
> just to be dismissed. This could be for many
> reasons, most likely , the lack of a victim or any
> corporation. But I'm sure it was investigated and
> just found not worthy of their time. I bet the
> victim got a new SUV for his troubles. winking smiley

Thanks for the explanation, still can't believe this story (the earlier incident) eluded the media for so long, like I said, he must have one hell of a publicist.

Either way, not looking good for Hernandez now, hated Pats player aside, it's sad that some 28 yr old had to lose his life so young.

Date: June 20, 2013 08:39AM

No doubt. Say what you want about Ray Lewis. That guy learned from his first mistake and grew up quick. He has been on the right side of the law since that incident and has helped many a person change their lives.

This Punk POS didn't learn a goddamn thing after shooting a person by accident or not. Didn't faze him. He went on to bigger and badder things. Maybe.....we shall see.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 20, 2013 11:05AM

Responding to your post responding to me, Treasure. This is a death, unlike the earlier shooting. Pretty hard for any prosecutor to not file at all. What we were talking about is whether to file discharge of a firearm or some species of homicide.

Date: June 20, 2013 11:11AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Responding to your post responding to me,
> Treasure. This is a death, unlike the earlier
> shooting. Pretty hard for any prosecutor to not
> file at all. What we were talking about is
> whether to file discharge of a firearm or some
> species of homicide.

Yah I was responding mostly to the first one because we do not have all the facts yet on this second incident. When there is a death , weather it be a Traffic accident , battery, etc. You can bet someone will be charged if the investigation warrants it. Every time. That's the basis of our system. We fight for those that cannot and a deceased person certainly cannot.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 12:51PM

Belicheat is supposedly vacationing in Europe while all this is going on. I hope someone is giving him constant updates just to ruin his vacation.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:10PM

Yeah, why didn't Miami police bring charges!

Destroyed security system and cell phone and had crew clean the house. How was this allowed?

Dumb shit don't you know phone companies & NSA have this!

Date: June 20, 2013 02:56PM

jlyell13 Wrote:

> Dumb sh_t don't you know ....... NSA
> have this!

If they do, it's among a billion bits of info that they have and frankly the NSA could give a sh_t about what ordinary people like you and I do in our daily lives.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 20, 2013 04:55PM

Date: June 21, 2013 01:57AM

Destroyed his security video tapes.............

Cell phone in pieces............

Hired a team to scrub his mansion down Monday morning............

Neighbors heard gun shots the night before.............

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:40AM

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:44AM

Warrant issued for Hernandez.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:37AM

Pats going down in flames this season.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 04:44AM

I've read elsewhere that Hernandez was also "possibly" involved in the shooting of 2 people while he was in college. He refused to cooperate with the police, and was never charged. He also got into a fight with a bouncer with no charges filed. IMO, it appears that Hernandez is just another scumbag who associates with other scumbags. Normally, these guys end up in jail, but it looks like someone was running interference for him to keep him out of jail and on the Gators' football field.

I'm sick and tired of punks being given a free ride through college just so the team can win a few more games. Even at the high school level, criminal behavior by student athletes is often covered up because to them, winning is more important than anything else. These punks grow up with a sense of entitlement and an "I can do whatever I want" attitude. I look forward to the day when a hard-working student who wants to make a positive change in the world is given a scholarship instead of a punk who can play a sport!

Back on topic: I wonder who told him to destroy specific evidence? He's probably too stupid to have figured it out by himself. Maybe his lawyer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 03:12AM by gofins60.

Date: June 21, 2013 08:33AM

WTF is wrong with these people? You are on a Professional NFL Team. Why do you need to go around and be a thug? Makes no sense. Put him in the same cell with OJ. They deserve each other.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:36PM

As of the end of the business day Friday, contrary to previous reports, there has been no arrest warrant issued for anyone in this case. USAToday source.

Date: June 21, 2013 04:17PM

gofins60, for every jerk like this who makes to the big time, there is also a tragedy in that some real kid with a promising future in either college football or basketball who gets bumped off walking down the street by some gang member who says to himself "since he's in Crip territory, he must be a Crip." and shoots him.

And added to that there is a tragedy like Brian Banks, falsely accused of rape and spending time in prison.

I guess this just makes your point stronger because not only do they make it this far on their talent but so many others who are just as talented end up dead or not making it at all. You would think that they would dedicate their future to all those athletes and live a clean life but I guess that's asking too much.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.