HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Around the League
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Around the League
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:21AM

A few players that were early projections to be drafted by Miami....

Terrence Cody failed conditioning test and Sergio Kindle fell down the stairs and has a fractured skull. Not looking good for the Ravens draft so far.

Terrell Owens to the Jets?

Wes Welker put on the active/PUP list...which only means he won't be ready/cleared by training camp as was being reported.

Bills, Dolphins and Jets have the 16th, 17th & 18th toughest schedules in the league. Pats have 6th toughest.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Around the League
Posted by: CG ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:33AM

Ironically,we had a lot of "Monday Morning GMs" who were complaining regarding this past draft because we didn't use the opportunity to draft Cody and Kindle. We need to leave the football decisions to guys who are paid to do just that.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:46AM

I'm happy with the Odrick pick, didn't bother me at all!! Now Misi is looking better, and better.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 09:49AM

I agree with you MIA1, I had no problems with our picks. The trifecta has beefed up both our OL and DL since they got here. I can't argue with that plan. Misi looks like a player and Odrick, just look at his film LOL guy has freakish talent. Let's get em boys!!!

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 27, 2010 10:24AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wes Welker put on the active/PUP list...which only
> means he won't be ready/cleared by training camp
> as was being reported.

I wouldn't read too much into this. This just allows the Pats to carry an extra body through TC, and they can activate Welker at any time up to the final 53 cut. Bellicheck knows what Welker can do, and doesn't need him on the field in the early part of TC. This is just a maneuver by the Patroits to get a better preseason look at WR depth.

Date: July 27, 2010 01:45PM

Doesnt matter, he is what 6,7 months removed from his injury?

He is comming back to early, and he will prob regret it when he starts in September.

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: July 27, 2010 06:07PM

Owens is a Bengal now. I feel sorry for Cincinatti haha

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:20AM

pvtfish Wrote:
> Owens is a Bengal now. I feel sorry for Cincinatti
> haha

Ocho-Stinko is still a Bengal too right? There's definitely not enough space in the locker room for both of those guys. I love it.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:35AM

I don't know if the Bengals are any better but they are more interesting. I'm not a big Carson Palmer guy anyway, I think he is overrated. So this has a recipe for disaster written all over it. When TO blows up on his new QB.

Also Coles is going back to the Jets. I don't get that move. Jets will have Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, and Coles. I mean that is a good 4 WR set and all but it takes Brad Smith off the field for them and Smith is a big-play waiting to happen and a gimmick play at all times to break something big. Coles has lost a step. I don't get that move.

Date: July 31, 2010 03:45PM

CJ Spiller is going to be a BIG-TIME hold out. Miami won't have to worry about him for Week 1.

Some have reported he will be the last of the 1st round picks to sign. They aren't even close on a contract

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 01, 2010 04:37AM

I read that the move for Coles was related to the suspension that Holmes is facing and that Coles may be released shortly thereafter.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 01, 2010 12:44PM

Looks like Revis is holding out. Hope it's nice and long

Date: August 01, 2010 02:31PM

I heard something on the radio the other day, wasn't sure if it was true or not. It was that if Revis played under his current contract he would be the 7th highest paid DB on the Jets roster!!

IF true that is amazing!

Date: August 01, 2010 03:10PM

He might be holding out, but reports comming out of the Jets camp is the rookie CB they took in the first round is playing pretty solid, and just signed his contract.

Date: August 01, 2010 03:16PM

Was just listening to Sirius and they said a couple of interesting things; He held out a few years ago for this current contract, the first 2 years were decent coin, this year was low but the last 2 years are basically guaranteed at 10 mil a year (dont quote me, but something about the Jets would have to pay the guaranteed 20 mil or cut him loose as a FA) and he's freaked out cuz he saw Leon pass on an ext. then get hurt and cost himself a boat-load. Also seems like there's more then just him looking for some $$$$$$ in Gotham City.

Date: August 01, 2010 03:18PM

MWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAAHH.

This turning out to witness the superbowl CHUMPS lol....

Date: August 01, 2010 03:19PM

This is 100% the Jets own fault. They stated last year NUMEROUS times in the press they wanted to rip up his contract and give him an extension. Revis didn't ask for that, they offered. So he took them up on this offer. So this is what you get, a hold-out.

On top of that, you have Rex Ryan in the press all of last year telling everyone that Revis is the best CB in NFL history. So, if you got the GM saying we want to rip up your contract after the season and the head coach saying you are the best CB ever.........what did you expect Revis to do.

On this specific holdout, I am 100% on the side of Revis. He didn't ask for this, the Jets created this mess

Date: August 01, 2010 03:24PM

I am also in the ring of Revis, but in all fairness, he can make a reasonable offer.

If he truely bought into the SB WINNING team that his idiot coach keeps saying then he needs to recognize that he will be paid soon, but the Jets need to offer somthing more than what is being paid now.

I don't know how it works with what kind of deal's they can make, especially being a no cap year??

I would front load a 4 year extension, and guarantee alot of the contract this year, so it wouldnt kill the IF ANY upcomming salary cap!

Date: August 01, 2010 03:31PM

"I would front load a 4 year extension, and guarantee alot of the contract this year, so it wouldnt kill the IF ANY upcomming salary cap!"

This wont work, if it did everyone would of done that this year, they will pro-rate the contract over the course of it after the new CBA is in place.

Date: August 01, 2010 03:33PM

I guess Dolphaholic! Like I said don't know anything about that side of the business.

Either way though holding out should be good for us the first game!! hehehe.

Date: August 01, 2010 03:47PM

From Armando's twitter

ArmandoSalguero Admire the audacity, but not his intelligence. RT @TheJetsStream: If #jets don't reach super bowl, is it a failed season? Rex Ryan: "Yes"

What a tool Ryan is, can't wait till the NY media tears him a new one

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: August 01, 2010 07:21PM

so with all this hype ryan is bringing up and stuff when he inevitably fails and fails big, how quickly do you think he will be run out of town by new york media?

Date: August 02, 2010 03:38AM

2 years.

Date: August 02, 2010 08:03AM

John Beck traded to the Redskins for a DB

Date: August 02, 2010 08:15AM

MikeO Wrote:
> John Beck traded to the Redskins for a DB

He's still in the league!? Good for him.

Date: August 02, 2010 08:16AM

yeah, and if he can't have success under Shannahan then he is a total lost cause!

Date: August 02, 2010 08:45AM

Nice guy, I wouldnt mind seeing him in arena football!!

Date: August 02, 2010 09:33AM

The poster child for Miami's wasted QB picks

Date: August 02, 2010 09:38AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> The poster child for Miami's wasted QB picks

That distinction still belongs to Eric Kumerow, but among current players, yeah.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: August 02, 2010 10:10AM

Kumerow is indeed in the top 6 to be sure. Beck, Jamar Fletcher,Eddie Blake,Eddie Moore and (possibly) Pat White on the list.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.