HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Around the League
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Around the League
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 02, 2010 10:18AM

Update - Wes Walker was reactivated from the PUP squad yesterday

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 02, 2010 10:27AM

I think it is too early for him, but more power to him, if he is a fast healer, although I feel sorry for him, when Davis punishes him when we play against NE.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 02, 2010 11:10AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it is too early for him, but more power to
> him, if he is a fast healer, although I feel sorry
> for him, when Davis punishes him when we play
> against NE.

I have a feeling Davis will be on Moss, at least based on reports from training camp.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 02, 2010 11:27AM

Funny story of the day, Jets rookie Running Back Joe McKnight failed his conditioning test!

Hope they show that on hard-knocks! lol

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 02, 2010 01:44PM

Colt Brennan was released in favor of John Beck? That's a head scratcher.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 13, 2010 05:09AM

Saw the NE vs NO game last night...or at least pieces of it...

Brandon Spikes is a player...forget about his slow 40 time..he finds the ball.

Devin McCourty is going to be a hell of a return man. Very quick and very fast.

.....................................................................................

Date: August 13, 2010 06:16AM

Not sold on NE this year. I don't like their o-line, RB situation, or their defense in general.

McCourty is legit so they got a find in him. I didn't like the rest of their draft at all. If they hit paydirt with Spikes its a steal for them though.

There is just something missing with that team. Can't put my finger on it really. They don't have that "X" factor. Aside from Brady and Moss I don't fear anyone on that team anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2010 06:20AM by MikeO.

Re:Around the League
Date: August 13, 2010 06:35AM

I think they a lot of "if's" on that team (as we do). I have been saying for awhile now that they are on the decline. They may not be the Superbowl threats that they were a few years ago but they are still one of the teams in the running.

On defense they still have a top tier NT to anchor the run game (13th ranked) but have inexperienced corners with the exception of Bodden (12th ranked). They have a good FS in Meriweather but questions at SS.

Their o-line is above average in run blocking (ranked 12th) but they did have a good passing game and only gave up 18 sacks (ranked 3rd).

Gronkowski will ease the pain of the Welker injury since there is no way he will be full speed until at least mid season at best. They also have some pretty good depth with Edelman and Brandon Tate, who could be surprise after missing last year but that is one of those "if's".

They are suspect on the outside of the defense. Mike Wright and Ty Warren are ok but not spectacular and the OLB position is very below average. They should be strong up the middle though with Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Guyton and Chung.

I think Wake is going to give Matt Light fits at LT as he seems to be showing his age and wearing down. Vollmer is very good and can play LT if need but is on the right for now.

Outside of Jermaine Cunningham, I thought their first 6 picks were pretty good....McCourty, Gronkowskie (iffy back), Spikes, Taylor Price and Aaron Hernandez. Many "if's" but what rookie class isn't full of those....

If Spikes can hold up in coverage....If McCourty will struggle as a rookie, If Gronkowski can stay healthy, if Price isn't a head case and if Hernandez has enough experience to get on the field.

If Tate can rebound...etc

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 13, 2010 10:03AM

eesti Worte:
----------------------------------------
Brandon Spikes is a player...forget about his slow 40 time..he finds the ball.

This is what I've been saying since March! I'm a Florida fan who has absolutely NO PROBLEM conceding the reality regarding Florida players making it or being busts in the NFL. For example, I think Tebow will be a disaster and I think using a 1st round pick on him was a horrible decision.

But watching Percy Harvin I knew he was going to be a star. People said he couldn't run all the routes and other criticisms. As for Brandon Spikes, he was always a man among boys out there. Always blowing up plays, viciously nailing the ball carrrier, penetrating the backfield, making stops for losses, etc.

I don't care what he ran at the combine. Just about everyone on here told me I'm crazy and that the Pats taking him was great for us because he sucks. I wanted him sooo bad in the 2nd. He is absolutely going to be a force for the Pats and it kills me! Granted it's way early and he hasn't proven anything yet, but I'm just reinforcing my initial opinion on the subject that he is going to be a stud and that we'll all see it unfold this season.

Slow 40 time and all, Brandon Spikes is going to be really good because at the end of the day, he's a straight up football player through and through, and anyone who has watched Zach Thomas' career knows that is the most important thing, as it will supercede other perceived weaknesses (i.e. speed, height)

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 13, 2010 10:55AM

I watched the Baltimore game...

Big Cody looked really good. He pushed the Oline back with good penetration and made one tackle with just an arm bar.

They also used him at Fullback in short yardage/goal-line situations. It could end up being a good experiement.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 13, 2010 11:03AM

I'm curious if there's any word on Rolando McClain. I remember Realist (who I haven't heard from in a while) thought Spikes would be better than McClain in the NFL.

Date: August 13, 2010 12:26PM

Lets hope Misi and Oderick and starks look good as well!!

Date: August 13, 2010 02:11PM

Pats DE Ty Warren OUT FOR THE SEASON!! Placed on IR.

That hurts their defense

Date: August 13, 2010 05:16PM

Ouch...they were weak there to begin with...They are down to retread, Gerard Warren, a converted 43 DT and former first round flop like Damione Lewis. I guess Ron Brace is getting a look at De since he sucked so bad at NT.

Guess that decision to trade the best 34 DE in the league isn't looking like such a good idea now....oops!

I remarked that Spikes looked good but to me he is Channing Crowder II that will be better if he can stay healthier than CC. Crowder could also collect tackles but just never made big plays in the pros.

Date: August 13, 2010 06:09PM

Bills RB Fred Jackson got hurt tonight. Had a cast on his left hand in the 2nd half of the game standing on the sideline. And Chan Gailey said Jackson will miss the rest of the preseason.

Week 1 just got a little easier.

Date: August 13, 2010 06:17PM

Bills were not looking too good anyway. No big surprise.

Date: August 13, 2010 06:24PM

eesti Wrote:
> Bills were not looking too good anyway. No big
> surprise.

I hope Jake Locker likes the city of Buffalo!! With the 1st pick....

I have been saying it since April. Bills will fight with Tampa for worst team in the NFL. And Tampa already has a QB so I think Jake has Buffalo written all over him!!!

Date: August 14, 2010 03:33AM

Marshawn Lynch also injured his ankle last night too

Date: August 14, 2010 05:02AM

John Beck looked terrible for Washington vs Buffalo. He completed 2 of 7 for 27 yards, was sacked twice and fumbled once. It was a stupid move to release Colt Brennan in favor of Beck. He will be out of the league very shortly.

Date: August 14, 2010 05:09AM

McNabb hooked up with Anthony Armstrong for a 4 yard TD in the 42-17 win over Buffalo. Interesting that AA is getting first team reps in Was.

Date: August 14, 2010 07:48AM

I just got done watching the replay of the game, and Beck didnt do as bad as his stats, in all fairness the Bills where in the backfield almost none stop.

Date: August 14, 2010 10:41AM

Tom Brady has an injured finger. Nobody knows how serious it is though.

Date: August 14, 2010 12:21PM

We can hope that it has a torn ligament. smiling smiley

Date: August 16, 2010 05:07AM

From what I saw of Beck's play, on about 4 snaps, he had 2 balls batted down at the los.

Date: August 16, 2010 07:31AM

eesti Wrote:
> From what I saw of Beck's play, on about 4 snaps,
> he had 2 balls batted down at the los.

He's horrible. Ginn was awful on Sunday afternoon too for SF

Date: August 16, 2010 11:11AM

Tebow looked pretty good.

Its still too early, but look out league.!!!

Date: August 20, 2010 04:30AM

Hapenning in the last couple weeks...

Jonathan Luigs, the highly regarded center from Arkansas out of last years draft has been cut by Cincy.

Taurus Johnson was signed by Cleveland.

Ben Tate on IR.

Brian Westbrook to San Fran.

Scott McKillup on IR.

Glenn Coffee retired already.

Justin Fargus signs with Broncos

Date: August 21, 2010 06:51AM

I am just glad we got the Vikings in Week 2. That team is falling apart. Rice injured. Harvin passing out. Farve dinged up.

It upsets me they will have 10 days to prepare for us but if they aren't near 100% I can live with it!!

Date: August 21, 2010 07:28AM

Gabril Wilson got a season ending knee injury last night.

Date: August 23, 2010 04:39AM

Sounds like Vincent Jackson to SEATTLE or WASHINGTON!

SD is really gonna trade him it looks like or at least is entertaining the idea seriously now. They have lost their minds!

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.