HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Around the League
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Around the League
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:32AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guess who has the number 1 defense in the NFL as
> of week 1?
>
> The Miami Dolphins!
>
> Enjoy it while we can I guess...lol

thumbs up not a bad start, however you slice it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 15, 2010 07:25AM

It's a little strange to look at the NFL standings right now...

First place teams....

Houston, KC, Washington, Bears, Packers, Bucs & Seattle to name a few.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 15, 2010 09:58AM

eesti Wrote:
> It's a little strange to look at the NFL standings
> right now...
>
> First place teams....
>
> Houston, KC, Washington, Bears, Packers, Bucs &
> Seattle to name a few.

It'd be really funny if that was the list of playoff teams. I mean, funny if we were on the list too drinking smiley

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 15, 2010 12:27PM

last 8 years, teams that start off 0-1 only have a 22% shot of making the playoffs

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:40PM

YEAHHH FINALY SOMTHING THAT SOMEONE TYPED MAKES ME FEEL REALLLLYYYYY FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I like though's stats!!!!!

Date: September 16, 2010 12:35PM

Adam_Schefter

Clock is ticking: Chargers have from Friday 4 pm to Wednesday 4 pm to trade Vincent Jackson, with him missing four games. Otherwise, 6 games

.....................................................................................

Date: September 16, 2010 12:41PM

Date: September 16, 2010 01:10PM

Date: September 16, 2010 02:26PM

Buffalo has a awsome Backfield, and a average team, with no WRs, but a awsome running game.

They will be a 5-11 team this year.

Date: September 17, 2010 06:21AM

Awesome running backs and awesome running game are two different things. Those awesome RB's were held to 44 yards last week by a defense with 8 out of 11 new starters. Just sayin.

Date: September 17, 2010 08:47AM

Well we are the next world champions so give our team some credit.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: September 17, 2010 09:58AM

Buffalo is one of those teams that has no identity. They've got some talent here and there but really nothing they can point to and say that's our strength.

Date: September 17, 2010 01:25PM

Date: September 17, 2010 06:34PM

Rumor going around that Rex and Brian Schotenmer got in a pushing/shoving match or mini-fight after last Monday's game behind closed doors.

Date: September 18, 2010 07:08AM

The Jets are going to have a melt down this year. I love it. Another Loss this week to NE and shite will hit the fan...follow that up with a loss in Miami and look out! Jets are 0-3.

On the other hand, if the Jets beat NE we are in sole possession of first place! And the Pats are 0-1 in the division, Jets and Dolphins are 1-0.

Date: September 18, 2010 09:24AM

If Sanchez plays horrible vs NE this week.

Come Week 3 Miami will be facing Mark Brunell in that game.

Take it to the bank

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 09:37AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 09:54AM

I dont know about that Mike, he really didn't play horrible in the 1st game, he was unspectacular and did nothing special but he didn't lose them that game, they've been preaching to him "don't turn the ball over and we'll win" well he didn't turn it over and they lost but he wasn't horrible. Even if he sh@#'s the bed against New England I can't see them benching him for Brunell, maybe i'm wrong but I don't see it yet.

Date: September 18, 2010 10:24AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I dont know about that Mike, he really didn't play
> horrible in the 1st game,

what game did you watch??? He didn't look downfield and checked down to his RB within 3 seconds on every pass play. He was beyond horrible last week.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 10:25AM

i agree, there is absolutely no way that they will bench Sanchez less than a quarter into the season. He would have to play horribly for five or six games and I mean "horribly" for them to bench him this season. And like dolphaholic said, Sanchez didnt play that bad. They handicapped him offensively with the extremely conservative play calling plus they had no run game to help him out. The entire offense was at fault for that horrendous outing.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:20AM

Ditto, the last post by Dolphin 1423. I don't see so much a bad performance by Sanchez as people not thinking that he is the savior a quarterback should be. I see the same in people criticizing Henne on this board, had we lost instead of the criticisms that were put on this board, it would instead be "Henne sucks."

Hey, a quarterback is only one member of the team and a sure sign of a football fan who is amateur in his outlook is to blame everything on the quarterback in a loss and to credit him with everything when he wins.

Date: September 18, 2010 11:22AM

That's the thing, the playcalling wasn't conservative, Sanchez "CHECKED DOWN" on almost every play!!! He didn't even try to go downfield. Go read the sports pages of the NY Times, NY Post, and NY Daily news sports sections from Tuesday on of this week. That is the case, the plays were there to be made, Sanchez just didn't even try, he checked down, checked down, and checked down!

And the Jets aren't gonna punt the season by letting him go out and play horrible while they open 0-3 or 1-4. They got PSL's to sell, they got a team ready to "win now" with vets. They will throw him under the bus so quick to try and save this season you guys will be shocked. With JT, LT, Cromartie....that team is built to win now. Not some rebuilding process where they will let the QB take his lumps and grow. It ain't gonna happen. Not saying he will be benched for the year, but if they start 0-2 and this guy has another 60 yard performance could he be benched for 2 or 3 games or a month till he gets his s&$) togtehr.....HELL YEAH!!

Date: September 18, 2010 11:23AM

Mike I aint arguing he didn't play well, but how do you bench your franchise QB (the one you just traded up the year before to get) after 2 games when he did just what you told him to do all offseason (in the 1st game anyway) I'm not saying he isnt a candidate for a ball cap and clip board eventually, just not in week 3. I hope they do because that would totally kill that kid mentally and would basically kill his career in NY with the media and fans but I just don't think even Fat-ass is that stupid. If they ask him to start winning games and he has int. after int. they maybe around week 7 or 8 (and that would be a little soon IMO)

Date: September 18, 2010 11:32AM

why would it kill the kid mentally? Seriously, lots of guys get benched for a bit then come back to have productive seasons and carrers. Kerry Collins ring a bell!! Kurt Warner anyone!!!!

He threw for 74 yards for B'more. If he has a "similar" outing vs NE, they aren't gonna throw him out there on the road and possibly face 0-3. At 0-3 their season is OVER. In the NFL you rarely see teams rebound from 0-3 and with their tough schedule ahead (Minny, GB, Cincy, Pitt, NE, Miami..etc) it just won't happen.

At week 7 or 8 the season is OVER if you have a bad record, so it makes no sense to pull him out then. Might as well just let him take his lumps and grow. At week 3 your still trying to SAVE your season.

Date: September 18, 2010 12:11PM

Your fooling yourself if you dont think he's dead to the fans and media if he gets benched after 2 weeks, not many QBs (if any) have been benched after 2 weeks to come back that same year and produce. Also Collins and Warner resurected their careers elsewhere. He's the franchise and future and they aren't winning the big show with an aging Brunell and going to him raises the white flag if you ask me. This is all Ryans fault for putting the "We're winning the Super Bowl this year" kinda pressure on him anyway.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:22PM

Date: September 20, 2010 10:56AM

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.