HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          (yawn) Nothing new.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: (yawn) Nothing new.
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 08, 2010 03:15PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frankly, if I'm the owner of the Nets or Knicks
> and he calls me in 3 years I tell him to piss off.

Who - Screamin' A. or Labron? smiling bouncing smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 08, 2010 04:12PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 08, 2010 04:33PM

What happened to the first 10 minutes??? The NBA is a joke. WWE is more credible. ESPN will build a studio and move staff to Miami now.

Lakers vs Heat, next June. The NBA is not relevant for the next 48 weeks of anyones life!

And if Heat don't make the finals after this, Lebron will go down as the biggest choke artist of all time!

Date: July 08, 2010 04:41PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Lol....LeBron.
>
>
> btw...spin control out of NYC pre-announcement is
> that they will DEFINATELY get Carmelo Anthony next
> year and he won't be signing the extension with
> Denver.

I would be shocked if Carmelo left $65 mill on the table with no NBA CBA next year and possible pay cuts for players, I would be shocked.

Now if Carmelo is watching this friggin joke we all saw tonight, he might want the attention and to be in Lebrons shoes. After seeing Carmelo up close for 1 full year I don't think he is as self-centered as Lebron, but hey who knows!

Date: July 08, 2010 04:43PM

Date: July 08, 2010 04:52PM

No longer KING James....now WING James!

He is a wing-man for Wade and will NOT go down as an NBA all time great. Plain and simple. Can't hide from that after tonight.

Date: July 08, 2010 04:56PM

Date: July 08, 2010 05:06PM

Comparing Syracuse to NYC and using that conection won't work. Syracuse-NYC is night and day. Syracuse is closer to Philly and Boston than it is to NYC.

And he played in the Garden a grand total of like 3 or 4 times for Syracuse. Preseason tourny for a couple games, vs St.Johns once and the Big East tourney for like 2 games.

Carmelo can stay in Denver. Make the most money and knock off an older Kobe in time. Or go to NYC with Amare and his bum knee that won't last more than a couple years and fight with Lebron/Bosh/Wade inside the East.

Easier path is to stay out West for Melo!

Date: July 08, 2010 05:16PM

Date: July 08, 2010 05:21PM

I know about Cuse owning the garden. Trust me...lol

Melo who started that brawl in MSG with Denver and was running away from the fight like a coward in that brawl......now is gonna feel the Garden love and be a Knick? Hey look I hope he goes to NYC cause the NBA is dead now. I mean its as low as it can get. Miami needs a rival to challenge them in the East. Melo in NY gives them that. I just don't see it. Hope Im wrong

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 08, 2010 05:22PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Can't believe anyone outside of S.Florida watched
> this. You couldn't have paid me to tune in.

Thank god its over. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Now.... when does Dolphins TC start?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 09, 2010 02:35AM

MikeO Wrote:
> This is a horrible thing for the NBA. It's beyond
> bad. It's collusion on part of the players. The
> backlash to the 1-hour TV program tonight is
> horrible. The media outlets from every city in
> America is killing Lebron.
>
> The jokes are already all over the place today.
> Like....."Apple is putting out a new Iphone for
> the city of Miami. It will be a Marino-Lebron
> theme. It only vibrates, NO RINGS"...stuff like
> that.
>
> David Stern is ready to hang himself with this
> news. The reason the NFL, College Football, and
> MLB are the 3 top sports in this country by a lot
> is because the regular season matters! Every game
> in the NFL and College football matters the
> outcomse have huge consequences. In MLB only 1
> wild card spot, not a bunch. Every game MLB game
> matters, yes even with 162 of them. You put a
> mini-dream team in Miami and it kills the NBA
> regular season. It kills the entire Eastern
> Conference. The games don't matter. And WHEN you
> get Heat-Lakers, the NBA is relevant for 1 week in
> June! It's a 1 week league now.

WHo cares they are all just Jealous... Every team and city that is trashing Lebron would have been kissing his butt this morning had he chosen their respective City...They all look foolish, and come off as a bitter scorn lovers, or sore losers... The Knicks president Donnie Walsh said it right...
"We are disappointed that LeBron James did not pick the New York Knicks, but we respect his decision."
All of these other owners and people trashing Lebron will backfire... People and individuals have rights... No player or person, is owned forever by an employer or organization... The guy has the right to do what he wants... and the sky is not going to fall becasue of it... He is just one guy...

Date: July 09, 2010 03:14AM

Not jealous, just the way Lebron goes on TV for an hour and pissed on every city was a joke. The guy showed no class in the process.

he can leave, just leave like every other free agent. Just sign with a team and do it the way its been done for years. Don't give yourself an 1 hour TV special, hide behind KIDS and chariaty. Just leave and move on with your day!

Then the bum says "I am humble in this experience"...........WHAT?? Lebron was anything BUT humble! Give me a break!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 09, 2010 05:59AM

Well Mikeo you have no room to talk about class. lol

You know I also remember someone on here who said "Its always about the money"

I guess it's not in this case, and with Bosch, and Wade, and Lebron taking pay cuts, instead of the big pay day. Hmmmm look's like somone on here ASSume's to much, and should use words like Alot of the time, its about the money, but not all of the time, instead of calling us out, as idiots who know nothing, by saying stuff like " your stupid its always about the money".

"insert foot into mouth"

Lol seriously though I'm not surprised he went to Mia, because he wants a ring, to break the "choker" tag.

Talk about class-less lets talk about the Cavs owner, but I'm sorry he never did a THING to bring in more talent to win a championship, and he had the nerve to say CLE will win one before Mia.

lol sounds like somthing Mikey would say!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 09, 2010 08:45AM

Hey. Everybody calm down.

With the exception of the East, nothing has changed.

IT WILL STILL BE THE LAKERS (or the Oklahoma City Thunder) prevailing in the finals and what does it matter who wins the East????????????????????

Date: July 09, 2010 04:15PM

Date: July 09, 2010 04:31PM

Lebron just preicted 7 Championships tonight! ha

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! Now if you are GREAT, go live up to it and win 7!!

Date: July 09, 2010 10:54PM

Do us a favor, besides saying the 6 year deals, give some numbers in salary to go along with it, because from what I understand, he turned down much more money to go play in Mia, with the other two.

Date: July 10, 2010 03:21AM

If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland for the next six years and didnt win a championship,it would be worse for him then if he comes to Miami and wins a championship. End of story... Once these guys play together, it will be one hell of a show. It will bring new fans into the sports to watch these guys play basketball.... and yes it will be worth it. Everybody said that when Wade got his title with Shaq, it would diminished the value of the Title, since we had to go get Shaq for Wade to get his TItle.... You dont hear that talk anymore, you just hear about our 2006 Championship.... If Lebron wins a title it will do nothing but boost his status... When Kobe didn't have a team around him, he barely made it into the playoffs... Great players need other great players around them to win TItles, that is just the way it goes...
All of this hating and saying the NBA is irrelevant until the finals, is wrong... The east is still pretty good and no walk in the park... You have the Celtics who are still going to be great, you have orlando who is great, you have Chicago, who is going to be great, with Boozer, Rose, Noah, Korver,etc... The only thing that happened, is Cleveland is out of contention and the Heat are in... Had Lebron stayed in Cleveland they would not have been a real contender with the roster they could put together.... Dan Gilbert failed Cleveland not Lebron... If GIlbert could have brought in Bosh or Wade, they would have kept Lebron.. They failed, so they lost Lebron...

Date: July 10, 2010 04:26AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
Dan Gilbert
> failed Cleveland not Lebron... If GIlbert could
> have brought in Bosh or Wade, they would have kept
> Lebron.. They failed, so they lost Lebron...

That is the biggest lie out there. So the Cavs were good enough to win 60 games and be the #1 overall seed. But its Gilberts fault they lost in the playoffs? Obviously the team was good enough to be the best over the course of the regular season. Lebron CHOKED every year in the playoffs and couldn't lead the BEST team in the league record wise.

Whatever, I'm over this and ready to go back to football.

Date: July 10, 2010 05:25AM

People who are over things dont respond, people that act like children and want the last word and run away, respond and say they dont care...lol.... I am just sayin

Date: July 10, 2010 05:27AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> People who are over things dont respond, people
> that act like children and want the last word and
> run away, respond and say they dont care...lol....
> I am just sayin

oh my god, talk about childish look in the mirror.

I was just saying after 2 weeks I'm sort of "Lebron'd out".....but if you want to keep going in circles about it and have a pissing match over this stuff, lets go.

Really I would rather not, but if you wanna keep debating this nonsense for another 2 weeks or 2 months, lets go! ROUND 2! (ding, ding)

Date: July 10, 2010 06:00AM

Date: July 10, 2010 09:12AM

Well money has alot to play in it, but clearly these guys wanted to team up, and win some championships.

Money again wasnt the biggest factor in this case, otherwise I'm sure Lebron would have stayed in Cle, or went to the Nicks, heck even Chi.

Regardless of where they ended up, they were going to get paid, by being the top F/A's.

So yeah I expect BIG contracts, but this case they all went to the same team to compete for a title shot.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.