HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          (yawn) Nothing new.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: (yawn) Nothing new.
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: June 19, 2010 04:43PM

I could never root along side fans that I knew were also Patriots fans. It would be a cold day in hell before I would be high fiving Patriots fans at a Celtics game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: June 20, 2010 12:39PM

Right, because we should really hate more people based on what team they root for. It only makes sense.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 20, 2010 01:07PM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right, because we should really hate more people
> based on what team they root for. It only makes
> sense.

You don't hate Patriots fans? Jets fans? In this world, people hate one another for a lot worse reasons than what sports teams they root for. I detected sarcasm, but if i missed called that, my apologies.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 21, 2010 05:54PM

Lets be honset, the REAL NBA season starts July 1st!!

The month of July might be more exciting than this last NBA season all together

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 22, 2010 03:20PM

It's that when the signing starts, MikeO?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 22, 2010 03:25PM

Date: June 22, 2010 03:55PM

July 1st is when the free agent freenzy starts

You can re-sign with yoru own team anytime. But if LeBron wants to go to the Knicks he can sign the deal anytime after July 1st. Just can't be announced until the 8th. But like that matters, news will break at about 12:01am July 1st on who's going where.

As of now it looks like Stoudamire to the Nets is a done deal. Looks like Bosh to the Lakers in a "sign-in-trade" is being talked about big-time. Wade will stay in Miami. And Lebron is pretty much down to Cavs, Knicks, Clippers.

I think the fact Tom Izzo flirted with the Cavs, got a huge offer, and then turned down a boatload of money tells me LeBron wants to leave and isn't going to committ to the Cavs and he wouldn't tell Izzo what he is doing should scare the crap out of Cavs fans.

Date: June 22, 2010 04:41PM

Date: June 23, 2010 12:30AM

LeBron ONLY goes to the Clippers if Sterling sells the team. If he doesn't then he wont consider them

Bosh wants money and no pressure. Plus he had no say in stopping the trade at the deadline, thats wasnt his call.

Date: June 23, 2010 04:47AM

Date: June 23, 2010 05:51AM

who says Lebron has to sign in a week? He could drag this out all offseason. Not to mention they could "announce" the sale now. there have been talks between the two sides of a sale. But it obviously wouldn't go through for a few months and be official. And all I said is they are a team in the mix...probably one of the final 3 teams in the mix because of their cap space.

Well Bosh can go play with Wade in Miami or Rose in Chicago and have no pressure. They both can offer MAX contracts as well. And Bosh never said he would do what you claimed he would do mid-season, from the sound of things he is a good guy and probably would have been open to being re-signed by a team that traded for him midseason. Since that team could pay him the most money anyway under NBA rules

Date: June 23, 2010 08:28AM

Not that I would ever add feul to any fire but during the Lakers' victory parade, Ron Artest was in the vehicle creating himself a chant of "Boston Sucks, Boston sucks, Boston sucks."

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 23, 2010 09:08AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Not that I would ever add feul to any fire but
> during the Lakers' victory parade, Ron Artest was
> in the vehicle creating himself a chant of "Boston
> Sucks, Boston sucks, Boston sucks."

What a class act. I'm sure you're very proud of him.

Date: June 23, 2010 10:36AM

Date: June 23, 2010 03:37PM

JC Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not that I would ever add feul to any fire but
> > during the Lakers' victory parade, Ron Artest
> was
> > in the vehicle creating himself a chant of
> "Boston
> > Sucks, Boston sucks, Boston sucks."
>
>
> What a class act. I'm sure you're very proud of
> him.

RESPONSE: Why do you wanna do me, JC? I thought we always got along. Why is Artest assigned to me? You know, technically, I'm an Oklahoma City Thunder fan. I just hate Boston. Do you love Boston, JC? I went to school there for three years but I always thought the people were nuts.

And as far as Artest is concerned, I thought he was going to take the Lakers out of so many of those games with Boston including game 7 when he had a silly foul with about 2 minutes and change left on the clock and the Lakers holding a 6 point lead. Boston shoots 2 free throws and now the lead is down to 4 with no time run off the clock.

No, I'm not an Artest fan.

And Yes, I thought that Artest trying to get the crowd to chant, "Boston Sucks, Boston sucks" was totally lacking in class and that's why I posted it because I know 1) Most people not in LA would not have known it and 2) it would confirm the opinion of most people who hate Artest that they have a reason to hate Artest.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 24, 2010 08:30AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > ChyrenB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Not that I would ever add feul to any fire
> but
> > > during the Lakers' victory parade, Ron Artest
> > was
> > > in the vehicle creating himself a chant of
> > "Boston
> > > Sucks, Boston sucks, Boston sucks."
> >
> >
> > What a class act. I'm sure you're very proud
> of
> > him.
>
> RESPONSE: Why do you wanna do me, JC? I thought
> we always got along.

We do get along my friend! Just killing time during this BRUTAL offseason. it's taking forever for the season to roll around again. Maybe because I have such high expectations of the Phins this year.

Why is Artest assigned to
> me?

Because you brought him up!

You know, technically, I'm an Oklahoma City
> Thunder fan. I just hate Boston. Do you love
> Boston, JC?

Why yes, I do absolutely love Boston. I've been living here for a while now.

I went to school there for three
> years but I always thought the people were nuts.
>

Yeah, some are nuts. Ok....a lot are. It adds to the overall charm I suppose. I'd also say that from everything I've heard, the city has improved a LOT over the years. If I recall properly you went to school around the same time as Bob Griese? That would put you in Boston during the 60s? From everything I've heard and read, things are a lot better (overall) now than in those days. The city is cleaner, safer, the harbor doesn't stink anymore, etc. Come on back for a visit; you might be surprised!

> And Yes, I thought that Artest trying to get the
> crowd to chant, "Boston Sucks, Boston sucks" was
> totally lacking in class......

Yeah and I'll add: one truly classless thing that Boston Redsox fans do is run around with hats and T-shirts saying "Yankees Suck.' It's juvenile, and stupid. The Yankees don't suck, I only wish they did. The NY/Boston baseball rivalry is one of the greatest in all sports, right up there with the Lakers/Celtics. In both cases, there is so much to cheer FOR on each side's team that there's no room to spend one's breath declaring that the other side sucks.

Date: June 24, 2010 11:53AM

Date: June 24, 2010 03:26PM

> ChyrenB Wrote:
> Why is Artest assigned to
> > me?
>
JC Wrote:
> Because you brought him up!
>
RESPONSE: Yeah, but I did so so that people would attack Artest. Not me.

Date: June 24, 2010 07:49PM

Back to basketball, that was an odd draft tonight. Seemed like the whole free agency thing in a week took away from what was actually going on tonight.

Just had an odd feel to it in my opinion.

I think the Top 6 picks or so are all studs and will make imediate impacts. Wall and Wes will have the quickest impact in this league and will fight it out for Rookie of the Year I feel. If Cousins keeps his head on straight in about 5 years he might be the most dominate player though of this draft.

Date: June 25, 2010 12:16PM

I love how in the NBA you can just "buy" a draft pick. Either before the draft or after the draft and the pick has been made. For about $3 mill you can buy a first round pick. And the Knicks today bought a 2nd round pick made last night by I believe the Bucks. And I think another team is about to buy a pick made last night.

NFL needs to have that. I think its a great concept.

Date: June 27, 2010 11:35AM

Date: June 27, 2010 12:33PM

NY Times today said Lebron to Chicago is a "done deal" as well

Date: June 27, 2010 04:25PM

Date: June 27, 2010 06:19PM

I don't think anyone knows. I think its all up in the air. I think come July 1st all the stuff will start to leak. Teams can't announce anything till July 8th but by the 8th this might be over.

LeBron was in a NY night club the other night. He seems to be spending a lot of time in the city this offseason. Not sure if you could read anything into that or not.

Im sure David Stern is on his hands and knees every night praying LeBron ends up in NY. With the NY market "dead" the NBA is dead. It's the #1 market, its the #1 TV market...he needs that team to be alive on some level.

The way I view it...if its about winning he goes to Chicago. If its about money/marketing and being a global superstar like never before he goes to NY. If its about loyalty he stays in Cleveland.

And if LeBron signs a 3 year deal to stay in Cleveland and then wants to go through this again in 3 years....that is the DUMBEST move he can make for many reasons.

Date: June 28, 2010 06:39AM

Screamin A. Smith just reportd that Lebron and Bosh are going to Miami.

LeBron will walk and sign. Bosh will be involved with a sign-n-trade to Miami.

Heat will go with Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Pat Riley will come back and coach them.

Now remember the source...SCREAMIN A. SMITH!! He was fired by ESPN for a reason.

Date: June 30, 2010 06:07AM

Screamin A Smith is on MagDog Radio now backtracking off HIS own report from a day ago....ha ha ha ha ha. And you wonder why this guy was fired by FOX and ESPN!

He reports something, then 24 hours he denies his own report! You have to be kidding me!

He reports on the Bosh-Wade-Lebron summit in Miami. Now he is saying Wade wasn't even there for the summit!

So no matter how this thing works out,he can now claim he had it right!

Date: June 30, 2010 07:09AM

Date: June 30, 2010 07:40AM

Date: July 01, 2010 05:41AM

Here we go....

Drew Gooden signs with Bucks

Joe Johnson signing with Atlanta

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 01, 2010 05:55AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Dan LeBatard is reporting the Heat just agreed to
> give up 3 players (Beasley, Chomers, and some
> other guy ) for Bosh in a sign-n-trade with
> Toronto.

I dont think there is another guy we have under contract... ESPN reported that Heat only has 2 guys currently under contract

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.