HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cam Wake report/deep team
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Cam Wake report/deep team
Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 03, 2009 01:38PM

I'm a hardcore dolfan from Montreal, Canada. One thing i can say for certain is that the phins depth chart this season is one of the deepest I have ever seen.

Being from Canada, I have watched many CFL (Canadian football league) games over the years. Cameron Wake, who played for the Calgary Stampeders is an amazing signing for the phins. The guy is an absolute bullet coming off the end. Granted the offensive lineman in the CFL arent as quick as those in the NFL, I am extremely confident that with his combine 40 yd-dash (4.55) that he will prove to be a dominant defensive end or outside linebacker. Keep an eye on on this guy in training camp and pre season...he could possibly steal a starting position in the already experienced linebacker core on the phins.

Once again, I'd like to emphasize the fact that overlooking the depth chart just recently was very promising in my eyes. The phins have extreme talent at every position. Some may question the fact that they don't really have any "prove" WR's, but we must not forget that Chad the Man finished with over 3600 yards through the air and a 10th best passing offense. All that with guys that many have never heard of before. Now that the likes of Devone Bess, Greg Camarillo and Ted Ginn Jr. (who, lets face it, wasn't the most popular draft pick and needed to really prove himself) have proven themselves as solid wide receivers, Coach Sparano and the crew won't hesitate to utilize them.

Lastly, we must not forget about PAT WHITE! The kid was born to play in the wildcat offense. Yes, Ronnie Brown was a huge threat back there in the wildcat, and yes, he does have a decent arm and can complete some passes here and there. But now with Pat White in the mix, things are really going to heat up down South. White had tremendous Mike Vick-like speed, but also posseses poise in the pocket with a cannon of an arm. I watched the combine this offseason, and he was out performing Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford when it came down to accuracy and precision. He himself has made it clear that he will play no other position then quarterback as he feels he can be a great NFL QB.

All in all, the Phins in my mind look very promising and can't recall a season where I have been more excited for it to begin. September 13th at the Georgia Dome is a new era for our dolphins!

GO PHINS GO!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cam Wake report/deep team
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 04, 2009 04:06AM

Wake had a crappy first day in camp. Let's hope that he improves quickly.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 04, 2009 05:11AM

I still think Wake will make his biggest impact on ST this year. He's probably got the best vertical leap on the team, and at LB that means the potential to block a few FGs this year!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 04, 2009 05:19AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wake had a crappy first day in camp. Let's hope
> that he improves quickly.

Reports say he had a better second day.....Against the second team OL that is...But its still progress.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 04, 2009 05:25AM

Said he looks better with full pads on but still not quite JT yet.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 04, 2009 09:04AM

eesti Wrote:
> Said he looks better with full pads on but still
> not quite JT yet.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. How many OLB/DE's in the league are comparable to JT?

Date: August 04, 2009 09:52AM

Just two if you ask some of the people around here....Porter and Wake.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:14AM

Cam Wake does show promising potential

However players from the CFL do usual have a tough time coping with NFL level of speed and strength

He was an animal in calgary though and I wish him the best, hopefully not on opening night against the falcons but I'll be cheering for him throughout the year

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 06, 2009 08:14AM

Dielan, i dont get it? why not just root for the phins? No offense but your dirty birds, just dont have the same UMPH. And since you root for us anyway! Just make us number one, we got cooler uniforms, better coaching, and alot better team, yeah not as many stars that hit the highlights, but a humbled team ready to play for sparano. That to me makes this team that much better than any other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 08:15AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 06, 2009 08:35AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Dielan, i dont get it? why not just root for the
> phins? No offense but your dirty birds, just dont
> have the same UMPH. And since you root for us
> anyway! Just make us number one, we got cooler
> uniforms, better coaching, and alot better team,
> yeah not as many stars that hit the highlights,
> but a humbled team ready to play for sparano. That
> to me makes this team that much better than any
> other.

We got cooler uniforms so that maks us better???

Yup you truly are the scarecrow from the wizard of OZ.

PS. Why do i have the feeling you will be the first poster coming to this site crying like a little girl, wanting every player cut when things do no go our way.

Just a thought.

Date: August 06, 2009 08:49AM

Date: August 06, 2009 08:54AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> I dont know why you feel that way? Maybe you like
> to watch little girls cry?

Yeah i wanna watch a little girl cry when we kick the living daylights off the jets bills and patriots.

Date: August 06, 2009 09:33AM

sorry to join the club but "escape goat". FOFLMFAO. You really should keep an animal caged and he won't have to escape.

Date: August 06, 2009 09:39AM

eesti Wrote:
> sorry to join the club but "escape goat".
> FOFLMFAO. You really should keep an animal caged
> and he won't have to escape.

In his case the escapegoat is nothing but a pussykat.

Is that how you spell pussykat stunner?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 10:07AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 06, 2009 09:53AM

"escape goat" hahahahaha

Posted by: BC ()
Date: August 06, 2009 10:03AM

Wake never played for Calgary...

he played for the BC Lions.

Date: August 06, 2009 10:03AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Dielan, i dont get it? why not just root for the
> phins? No offense but your dirty birds, just dont
> have the same UMPH. And since you root for us
> anyway! Just make us number one, we got cooler
> uniforms, better coaching, and alot better team,
> yeah not as many stars that hit the highlights,
> but a humbled team ready to play for sparano. That
> to me makes this team that much better than any
> other.

How can I do that?
Rule #1 about being a fan is sticking through with your team forever, otherwise your a bandwagon jumper. I mean after the michael vick year we went through, I stayed with the team...I sure as hell am not jumping off right when we begin to blossom.

1-Uniforms go to us im sorry, what team is cooler than the dirty birds?
2-Better coaching? We had the coach of the year last year even though i do have a lot of respect for what your coaches are doing down there in the MIA.
3-Better team? I'm sorry...But I believe the Birdz can beat just about anyone. Our offence is among the league best and our defense were in the top 10 in least amount of points allowed. Best of all we're extremely young with a bright young quarterback.

But the phins will be my number 2 team this year. Solid young team and best of all in the AFC, so there will be no competition between us.

just please for the love of god smack those bills silly...I absolutely hate them

Date: August 06, 2009 10:16AM

WHOA WHOA they gave coach of the year because they needed the Vick fans to "BUY" in the new team, in fact if Vick never got caught then your new head coach wouldnt even be considered! Best team, thats naive to say the least, considering your best wr is stagin a holdout! Your defense has holes. Come the start of the season, your team is going to get the beating of its life by the true coach of the year last year, taking a 1.15 team and doing the BEST turn around season ever! I do however have respect for the fact your not a band wagon jumper. Much comendment there. With that said good luck to your team, but may the better team win come week one! I got to be honest we deff got a better defense, and just as good if not better offense, because we dont rely on just one WR and RB! And how do you expect your team to beat the wildcat?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 10:20AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 06, 2009 10:35AM

fair enough...your defense is better yes. But for you to say your offense is better kind of blows my mind away. Relied on 1 receiver? Come on...Jenkins had a promising year. Sure Turner was a standout but we've also got an amazing weapon in Norwood. Norwood is essentially a poor man's reggie bush with a tad more speed. I'm not even going to mention Matt Ryan cause the guy is a stud. Add in Tony G and that offense suddenly looks elite. Sure White is holding out and Douglas is out for the season but I'm sure the falcon's organization will figure it out.

But please...the wildcat? Wildcat is a gimmick that the falcons had mastered long before you guys began using it. I mean we practically ran it every play with mike vick tongue sticking out smiley

In all seriousness the wildcat doesnt worry me at all...it's ronnie brown up the gut breaking tackles that worries me the most.

Date: August 06, 2009 11:35AM

The atl offense SHOULD be even more dangerous with the addition of the best TE in the game assuming Ryan doesn't have the dreaded sophomore slump.

The defense is another story though ...

John Abraham is the best player but staying healthy has always been a problem for him

You lost your space eater when Grady Jackson left.

His replacement is undersized but talented Peria Jerry who is paired with Babineaux who is also under 300 lbs. Stopping the run may be a problem.

You lost Keith Brooking and Michael Boley. His replacements are aging Mike Peterson who has lost a step, inexperienced curtis lofton and an unknown strong side LB or 30 year old jamie Winborn.

The secondary consists of CB's, smallish Chris houston, von hutchins who is coming off IR and couldn't make it in Indy or Houston.

You lost Domonique Foxworth and Lawyer Milloy.

Safeties are slow but hard hitting William Moore and AFC East reject, Erik Coleman, who led the team with 3 int's.

That a HUGE turnover for a team coming off 1 successful season. Miami resigned all of their important free agents and improved the areas where FA's defected...and got the best playmaker in the NFL back.

I like draft pick, Lawrence Sidbury but he may not contribute for a few years.

Yikes! That is a lot of questions on D!

You start the season against Miami, Carolina and then NE.

The rest of the schedule involves playing teams like Carolina again, New Orleans twice, Dallas, Philly, NYG & Was and your best WR is holding out and negotiations are not going well.

Atl may have had the 11th best defense in points allowed but they were ranked 24th overall. 25th vs the rush, 21st vs the pass.

That's not good, especially when neither areas were improved.

Date: August 06, 2009 11:41AM

Ryan being a stud has yet to be proven. 16td's and 11 ints does not a stud make.

Peyton Manning is a stud. He had 26 Td's in his rookie year and 26 the next.

Dan Marino was a stud. He had 20 TD's in 9 games in his rookie year and 48 the next.

Good luck to you (except in week 1). I am ok with the falcons. They did a great job last year but Sporano was the true coach of the year. The only reason he didn't get it was the perception that Parcels was the coach.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: August 06, 2009 12:19PM

I agree Ryan is a stud. Hopefully henne is our Ryan. I remember me wanting the phins to draft Ryan, but im happy with jake anyways.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 06, 2009 12:43PM

Don't even get me started on such gimmicks as the wildcat.

The Wildcat was used in 2006 by the Carolina Panthers used it for 12 plays of their opening drive against Dielan's very own Falcons.

The Arkansas Razorbacks used this same formation with their star-studded backfield of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones for the entire 2006 and 2007 seasons.

The Dolphins weren't the first to use the formation. They weren't the best using the formation. They're not even good at using the formation. It was truly successful in one game against the Patriots only because it was a surprise. MY RAVENS destroyed the wildcat and embarassed this gimmick in their two matchups.

Secondly, teams only use the wildcat because they have no quaterback. The panthers used it when Delhomme was injured and Weinke took his place and Arkansas seriously doesn't even have a quaterback. They rely on this formation for offense as they get none from their other packages with their quaterback in play.

Having such a formation will not make a team win just like how having the singleback, shotgun or I-formation won't make a team win either.
END OF RANT. B MORE TILL DEATH.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 06, 2009 01:19PM

I'm sending the dogs in to flush out the Dirty Birds. Buckshot.

Date: August 06, 2009 04:02PM

Date: August 06, 2009 04:10PM

Bmoretodeath? are you seriously ill? Tell me how come WV with a horrible defense did so well with Pat White at QB, he is a average passer, extremely dangerous runner, and solid leader? Add that with Brown, and Ricky, this so called "gimmick" is going to OWN. Your team lost two solid defenders, has a extremly old WR who wants to retire, only came back because another WR got hurt. I live an hour from Baltimore, and used to play in the Ravens marching band, was cool got to go to all home games, even saw Barry Sanders, which looked at me in the eyes, because i was the only one in the Endzone stands reserved for band member's had a brace on and couldnt go on field. Anyways he looked at me during warm up's and he raised his arms up and said what? I just looked at him and shrugged, didnt know what to say? Anyways Flacco had a solid O-line and defense carry him to the playoffs. Baltimore is not going back to playoffs this year! LOL

Date: August 06, 2009 05:05PM

Eesti (are you from Quebec cause that's a terrible swear word where i come from):

Yes Flacco didn't have the greatest stats but can you name me one quaterback who was able to truly but up high-caliber stats in a practically run-only offense? That question isn't rhetorical by the way.

We're much worse off? Really? We had a rookie quaterback, rookie head coach and one of the youngest NFL offensive lines in the league and we're worst off? We can only go up from here son.

Also, we still scored enough points to win 11 games without using the gimmick wildcat so how can we be worse-off? We also scored enough points to knock your beloved Dolphins out of the playoffs. Enough said.

Rex Ryan doesn't lead our defense, Ray does. He did when Marvin Lewis was defensive coordinator, he did when Mike Nolan was defensive coordinator, he did when Rex Ryan was defensive coordinator and he will when Greg Mattison will be defensive coordinator. People said we couldn't depend on Mike Nolan when he took Marvin's spot and look at what happened. People said we couldn't depend on Rex Ryan when he took Mike Nolan's spot and what are they saying now? People don't learn.

And 1st runner up in league MVP! Source please?

Date: August 06, 2009 05:11PM

Miamithunder:

GREAT JOKE TO START OFF YOUR POST. I clicked on civilized discussion and this is what I get. No wonder Dirty Bird was angry.

We lost ONE great defender in Bart Scott. Jim Leonhard took Dawan Landry's spot in the first place after he was injured against the Bengals early in the season.

Mason wanted to retire due to the McNair and saying that he came back because another wide receiver got injured is just ridiculous. Clayton got injured after Mason got back but nice try.

Heart-warming story. Not relevant here though but thank you.

You say we have a solid O-line and defense that got us in the playoffs. Thanks

We STILL have a solid o-line and defense and now Flacco has matured, Ray Rice has matured, chemistry has evolved between Flacco and the receivers and our defense is still top 5 in the NFL so I guess we'll still make the playoffs. Thank you.

Date: August 06, 2009 05:34PM

Date: August 06, 2009 06:31PM

Don't flame but I believe that just as you say flacco manages games, I believe pennington does the same...he wont hit big plays but plays solid and accurately. The key to pennington is that he doesnt throw many picks ( aside from baltimore game). Whereas flacco seemingly throws more picks but can throw up the big play every now and then. Making him not a game manager but almost of a gamechanger occasionally.

However when in tight games, flacco does become a manager and won't throw any risky pass and essentially let his defense take over and get the win

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.