Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It's official! Ochocinco is a Dolphin...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
It's official! Ochocinco is a Dolphin...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 11, 2012 03:32PM

Just reported.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's official! Ochocinco is a Dolphin...
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 11, 2012 04:15PM

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this but I don't like it, makes you wonder if the NFL or HBO didn't put some pressure on Miami to do this for a ratings boost, wouldn't surprise me if he's cut before week one.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: June 11, 2012 04:34PM

Stupid move...just stupid.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 11, 2012 05:12PM

That's what happens when your WR's drop balls and play slow in camp....you shake things up.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: June 11, 2012 05:25PM

You just can't become a great team without taking a few chances on some guys.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: June 11, 2012 06:31PM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You just can't become a great team without taking
> a few chances on some guys.

I agree Krunk! I also think this is a good move because we have NOTHING to loose. Brian Hartline is not a #1 WR. I say let's give Chad a chance - he may have a season or two left in him. I'm not over expecting from him, but on the same token - what do we have to loose? At least it will be interesting...

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: June 11, 2012 08:10PM

This shows you where the front office priorities are - not winning. This is a horrible move.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:02AM

It makes sense, Chad is defintely better then the guy who would have been our 5th wr on the roster at the very least... And he might be better then the guy who is suppose to be our best wr on our roster. If you don't like it, then be upset we don't have better wr's on our roster to beat him out... Sadly we don't .. That being said, I am happy we are giving chad a shot..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:48AM

gnrbaby Wrote:
> Krunk Fu Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I also think this is a good move
> because we have NOTHING to loose.

I consider a wasted roster spot as Something To Lose.

However, as was said above I am not losing sleep over it. If he has better hands than the other receivers in camp, then it's worth having around for TC at least, as long as his cap hit isn't too large.

I mean, he can't be too much more of a distraction than the damn TV cameras, can he? I still think this is a move mostly for that show. Let him plant his face in front of the camera all day while the rest of the team gets some practice in.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:51AM

chad is one of those players that is a GREAT teammate however I am concern about him hindering a young/rookie qb's development. If he starts to chirp in a guy like tannehills ear that he is always open and to get him the ball can lead to big plays if he is right or picks if he is wrong. If he lets tannehill play then I think he clearly should be our #1 guy expecially in a vertical offense. I hope he runs his mouth alot this year and get lots of fines cause that means lots of TDs!!!

Date: June 12, 2012 03:59AM

Other notable FA's still out there.....

Jake Scott, Andre Carter, Channing Crowder, Anthony Gonzales, Plaxico Burress, Greg Camarillo, Patrick Crayton, Braylon Edwards

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 12, 2012 04:23AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 04:33AM

I got the feeling..............

SAM THE HOMER

Tannehill to ocho5 for the winningtd against the pats.

Date: June 12, 2012 05:28AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Other notable FA's still out there.....
> >
> > Jake Scott, Andre Carter, Channing Crowder,
> > Anthony Gonzales, Plaxico Burress, Greg
> Camarillo,
> > Patrick Crayton, Braylon Edwards
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> All the ones highlighted are laughable and an
> absolute No, to me.

I agree except for Scott and Carter who had 10 sacks last year. They all have issues though or they wouldn't be out there...age, head case, dumb, injuries, likes to shoot themself...etc

Carter is only 33 so not ancient. Probably better than all but one of our DE's.

Date: June 12, 2012 05:35AM

Jonathon Amaya is still floating around out there. One of the former favorites around here.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 12, 2012 05:56AM

I have no problem with the signing.

1. More upside than down for the limited incentive contract at near league minimum.

2. He'll be fired up against NE, and perhaps a lot more trying to prove himself.

3. It will give the HBO team a good distraction instead of letting them invent problems about the dolphins to make a story for Hard Knocks

4. He gets cut if he doesn't perform with little to no cost to the team.

I see no issue ... only upside. Not worried about the locker room stuff, cause he doesn't have the clout he once did, and has incentives to prove something.

Most of Chad's issues centered around the turmoil of his being stuck in Cincinatti.

Cincy's management sucked and created issues with about half the players. When he finally got out he had the baggage.

Date: June 12, 2012 07:22AM

He must have showed something in that workout. They are not going to waste a rooster spot on a media whore.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 12, 2012 08:05AM

The other thing I just thought of, our new DC was with him in Cincy right? if he was that much of a club house cancer, Coyle would/should of put a bug in Irelands ear.......you would hope anyway.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: June 12, 2012 09:56AM

Smith / Vontae shut down Ochostinko 2 years ago when he was with the Bengals. TO had a lucky TD

Posted by: KB ()
Date: June 12, 2012 12:43PM

Yea, that should cut down on the receiver 'drama'....eye rolling smiley Good grief!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:12PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> This shows you where the front office priorities
> are - not winning. This is a horrible move.

The FO is interested ONLY in winning. Chad will either make the team or he won't. Maybe he can pull himself together enough to be able to do the job. I haven't seen much from the guys we have right now. Reports indicate that they have been dropping A LOT of passes.

I know it's early in camp and maybe they just haven't warmed up yet, but all those drops is not a good sign.

Because Miami signed him, I hope that Chad finds his groove once again.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:04PM

League minimum deal. Guy motivated to prove he can still play, and doing it for his hometown team. Long time veteran, a guy who can actually show some of the younger receivers some tricks of the trade. A guy who can take some of the spotlight off guys who may not be comfortable with it. And, in spite of his lack of production, Belichick kept him around all season. That should tell you something about his attitude and work ethic. There is no real downside to this move.

Really, Wallace, Pruitt, Moore, Cunningham, Fuller, and Matthews are fringe NFL players. Maybe two will emerge as guys who can play. But, we are talking about 4 undrafted players, a 6th rd pick, and a 7th rd pick. Ochocinco is not really going to hurt their development. I see us keeping 6 WR, and that leaves room for Ochocino, Bess, Hartline, Naanee, and 2 of the young guys. And 2 more of the young guys can be hid on the practice squad.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:37PM

Good analysis Mark.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: June 12, 2012 06:05PM

Need to resign greg camarillo again for the one win in the phins 2012-2013 season.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 13, 2012 12:07AM

This signing surprises me a bit because I thought this team didn't want any drama. I so totally suspect that HBO/Hard Knocks is reimbursing his salary to Ross.

Date: June 13, 2012 03:51AM

I just hope he gives up the whole spectacle of trying to impress everyone with end zone celebrations and such. Really lame. Of course he'll actually have to score a TD but...

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 13, 2012 04:57AM

Chad was not a problem guy as a teammate, everyone says nothing but good about him that plays or coaches him.

Issues were with thim being bottled up in Cincy, and not unique to number 85 issue there.

If he does nothing but create competition and lights afire under other receivers then it will be worth the signing.

I hope he takes off and makes a positive name for himself in Miami.

Date: June 13, 2012 05:15AM

The way I see it......Marshall for 8-5. 2- 3rd rd draft picks no legal issues or dropsies. Good Move.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 13, 2012 07:44AM

He signed for less than 1 million this year. His incentives are so high that he would have to perform at a pro bowl level to get them. This is a no brainer. He shows up and either doesn't perform or acts out in any way and Miami can dump him with no penalty. One thing that stands out to me. We signed him after one thirty minute work out. The coaches obviosly see him as an asset. I know us fans have been made to not trust our coaches from the past regime. This is a new system of coaches from top to bottom. Have a little faith. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 13, 2012 10:33AM

I like the move. I've always liked Chad. He seems like he truly loves the game and wants to win. Quite frankly, I liked when he and Steve Smith were one-upping one another with TD celebrations a few years back. I think he either has something left or doesn't. Though with limited reception numbers, he averaged almost 19 YPC last year.

Perhaps more broadly and importantly, I trust Philbin and his staff. I don't know why, exactly, but I trust him more than any of the coaches we've had since Johnson before his first retirement.

Time will tell, but I'm guessing that if we keep him we'll see some pretty good value on the field. Otherwise - to me, it's ok to kick the tires.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.