HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Teams
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Miami Teams
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 09, 2011 08:49AM

I guess I have never been a "whole game" analyzer guy. I have always been more of a "that particular play" guy.

This is because success needs no explanation and if D Wade had made that shot, then maybe we aren't talking about LeBron not having such a great game. We'll never know. But what we do know is that D Wade took us out of the game and had us hoping for a three pointer just to get into overtime. Shame on him! You don't MISS a critical free throw like that if you are supposed to be an NBA star and particularly if you are not a hulking Center like Shaq who is not supposed to make them. It is not the same as going back and pointing to every missed free throw in the game and saying "well, so and so should not have missed that one." It was 50 or so left in the game and that miss was inexcusable EVEN MORE SO INEXCUSABLE because the first shot nearly bounced out but miraculously went in. Lisa Leslie made my same point by blaming the loss on that shot by Dwayne (local L.A. TV coverage).

When you ask me what caused the Lakers to lose, it was because Phil Jackson, (perhaps pissed) sit back and totally ignored the Mavs 3 point shooting prowess.

When you ask me what caused the Thunder to lose, I'd say not running the clock when they were ahead by 15 with 4:30 minutes left in the game.

In Blowouts, you talk about general things like LeBron not having a good game, in close games, you put your finger on one item because but for that item, you might be explaining a win in general terms instead of trying to explain a loss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:31AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this series has been torture. each loss has been
> totally crushing. after each I've avoided sports
> TV, radio, and internet b/c I can't stand reliving
> it. Reminds me of how I used to get with the
> Dolphins when they lost,

LOL, that is probably the most honest and funny thing I have heard someone admit to... I do the same thing still, when the Dolphins lose or Heat. I avoid, sportscenter for at least a day or 2, until they start taling about the next game rather then reliving the last loss. On the other side, when we win a big game, I try not to miss one of the 500 runs of highlights for the following days.... Victory so sweet, and losing equally bitter...lol... thanks for the chuckle smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 09, 2011 10:47AM

I am exactly the same, after a win I read and watch everything!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.