HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Teams
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Miami Teams
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 24, 2011 09:00AM

Hey Chyren, speaking of "the Sixth Player" it is also sometimes known as The Crowd.

This was the first Oklahoma City game I'd ever watched, other than highlights. Can you explain something to me? Why was the entire audience in attendance wearing THE SAME COLOR SHIRTS AS THE VISITING TEAM?

Perhaps I am imagining things, I really might be, but I could swear that the game was played in OK and that the Mavs were wearing powder blue...and that the fans in the seats were wearing the exact same shade of blue. If I am correct about that, then does Oklahoma City have the same problem that the Miami Dolphins have about visiting teams' fans filling up the stadium?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 24, 2011 09:09AM

I am a former hardcore NBA fan. I am much more of a casual fan now. To me the NBA had its heyday in the 1980's when Magic and Larry ruled the hardwood. The product may be great now, but I've just lost interest.

That said, the Heat are doing it right. Think back to the 80's when Magic, Larry and Moses Malone all agreed to sign with the same team so they could win some championships. And remember the 90's when Jordan, Karl Malone and Hakeem joined forces to win multiple rings. And then in the 2000's when Kobe, Nash and Howard got together to win a handful of titles. Those were great teams.....Wait.....What?....You mean those things never happened?!?!......You mean Magic and Larry actually enjoyed competing against each other? They didn't join forces to win a bunch of championships and stroke their own egos? Jordan too? You mean he actually wanted to beat Karl Malone rather than dance with him after they joined forces to beat teams that they should easily beat? Wow.

Anyway, the point of this post is not to diminish what they Heat have done (although there is no way on earth I would ever cheer for them). The point is that there is no comparison between what the Heat have done and what we all want the Dolphins to do.

NFL teams have to be solid from the top of the roster to the bottom in order to win a title. The Dolphins are slowly getting there. A couple of key free agent signings can help a lot; but we are not going to get Peyton Manning (Lebron James) and Roddy White (Chris Bosh) to join our team next year. It won't happen. Top NFL free agents won't conspire to land on the same team. And even if they did, we still need at least 31 other guys (9 on offense, 11 on defense and 11 on special teams - not to mention a dozen subs) to be contributors. Signing the two top free agents makes a much bigger difference in the NBA, where five players play the majority of the minutes, while a lot of their teammates enjoy nice front row seats to the game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 24, 2011 10:40AM

JC, OKC's colors are also Blue. Of course, since they were the home team, the team was in its whites. My wife asked the same question in the prior game.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:08AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC, OKC's colors are also Blue. Of course, since
> they were the home team, the team was in its
> whites. My wife asked the same question in the
> prior game.

Thanks for clarifying, but I wonder why one of the following didn't happen

1) Let the fans know that the Thunder would be wearing white, so that they don't appear to fools like me that they're silently rooting for the other team.

or better yet

2) CHoose to wear Blue....you even said that both teams were blue, why not wear their primary color at home..it's not like there's sunlight to deal with as when the Phins choose to wear White during daytime games.

just wunnerin' Yet another aspect of today's NBA that makes me wonder what the heck they are thinking.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:15AM

I was thinking the same thing myself. totally stupid and confusing--I think they did the same thing in Dallas---Thunder wore blue and so did the crowd (same shade). How hard is this to pull off?? Miami, not known for having the best crowds, seems to make it work (they may have actually started it, they did it in 2006)

Date: May 24, 2011 01:57PM

Now, Are you Yankees trying to say us Texomans are STOOPID?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 24, 2011 02:58PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> None of Marino's recievers were as talented as
> Brandon Marshall. Paul Warfield is the only WR we
> have ever had that is more talented than
> Marshall.

I still say Duper, Clayton, Moore played better as a group than Marshall, Hartline, Bess. But..maybe it was the coaching that was better.

>
> Marino never had a RB that was as talented as
> Ricky or Ronnie.
True, but Ricky won't be here next year and Ronnie's career is over. Dan's RBs were receivers out of the backfield more-so than runners. He knew how to use his guys.

> If we had Marino in his prime, we would win the
> Superbowl next year.
If we win with Marino in his prime, it's because there isn't a 49ers-like team to stop us. Put this supporting cast around Marino when Dan played in his lone SB and I think we'd still lose.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 24, 2011 04:04PM

Date: May 24, 2011 06:57PM

GO HEAT!!

Date: May 26, 2011 12:42PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I was thinking the same thing myself. totally
> stupid and confusing--I think they did the same
> thing in Dallas---Thunder wore blue and so did the
> crowd (same shade). How hard is this to pull off??
> Miami, not known for having the best crowds, seems
> to make it work (they may have actually started
> it, they did it in 2006)

RESPONSE: It's all over. I'll have to rely on the Heat to take my revenge.

Seriously on the team color thing, I agree with you guys that it is confusing but I put the blame on the Team.

If the crowd is wearing blue, there is no rule that says the team has to wear white. At least not in football. Rather than trying to get hundreds of fans to change their clothing, I say that both Dallas and OKC should have had the players on the court wear blue at home since that is the predominant color that most fans buy when they buy team merchandise on the markets.

Purdue's colors are Black and Old Gold. So they could choose to wear predominantly Black at home or predominantly Old Gold.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 26, 2011 01:33PM

Aqua you saying duper clayton not as good as marshall..Come on now.........

But if you think about it folks....I woulld really like to se what marshall numbers would be if he had someone like dan marino throwing the rock...Just for a second...And this might never happen....

I know speed wise clayton and duper were faster than marshall...overall athletic abililty like strengh or whatever or hops...marshall has the edge.

Date: May 26, 2011 01:41PM

we saw marshall put up huge numbers playing with cutler and orton. both blow henne away but neither can carry marino's jockstrap. you do the math....

Date: May 26, 2011 06:17PM

are you freaking kidding me?? GO HEAT!!!

Date: May 26, 2011 06:29PM

GOOOOO HEAT!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 26, 2011 06:29PM

Lebron James, Mr. Clutch.....Best Player in the league...HANDS DOWN!!

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 06:30PM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: May 26, 2011 06:43PM

so nice to follow a team in the championship game for a change! I wasn't even born the last time the phins won a SB, I was 10 the last time they played in one

Date: May 27, 2011 02:31AM

This is AWESOME!!!

---------------------

Date: May 27, 2011 02:44AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> so nice to follow a team in the championship game
> for a change! I wasn't even born the last time the
> phins won a SB, I was 10 the last time they played
> in one

Let's fit the big 3 for helmets and pads!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 08:03AM

I went to sleep yesterday with 3 minutes left the heat getting beat up throughout the entire game...I said to myself O WELL we will have to win in miami then

I get up in the morning....And the first thought in my mind is GEEZ the heat freaking lost.....And i was feeling really pathetic until...

Right before i go to work i say to my self let me go to nba.com and just take a look at all the negative things....people like charles the WHALE Barkley is saying about the heat....( You know he is in love with rose right ? )

When i see the reality of the situation i couldnt believe it man.......

Meaning...

I have watched every game this year every quarter every minute.....Every second....every fraking millisecond of every game...

And the best 3 minutes of the season i had missed....

Anyways man at least i get to watch the replay....

My friend the financing person that finances truck where i work says to me when he comes in the morning...

He lives in a 2 story house...

He looking at the game with wife...upstairs 3 minutes left...Says to himself...I give up goes downstairs to get a glass of wates takes about 3 minutes downstairs and all of a suddens hears his wife scraming on the top of her lungs.....

Goes upstair and realizes the same shit more or less that happened to me happened to him.

He is a hardcore heat fan like me and hadnt missed a second of a game this year...

GO HEAT.

Date: May 27, 2011 09:00AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I went to sleep yesterday with 3 minutes left the
> heat getting beat up throughout the entire
> game...I said to myself O WELL we will have to win
> in miami then
>
> I get up in the morning....And the first thought
> in my mind is GEEZ the heat freaking lost.....And
> i was feeling really pathetic until...
>
> Right before i go to work i say to my self let me
> go to nba.com and just take a look at all the
> negative things....people like charles the WHALE
> Barkley is saying about the heat....( You know he
> is in love with rose right ? )
>
> When i see the reality of the situation i couldnt
> believe it man.......
>
> Meaning...
>
> I have watched every game this year every quarter
> every minute.....Every second....every fraking
> millisecond of every game...
>
> And the best 3 minutes of the season i had
> missed....
>
> Anyways man at least i get to watch the
> replay....
>
>
I was ALMOST in the same boat. I was watching the game and around the time you turned it off I stopped looking at the TV and was just browsing the internet instead (figuring I would look up from time to time). I just couldn't watch...until less than 1 minute and we tie it!!! Good thing I was DVRing it. I went back and watched the end again after it was over. It was tough to keep score, and it didn't really FEEL like we were coming back. It's probably due to Chicago's defense slowing everything down...I don't know. All I know is it just seems like fate that we're back in the finals against Dallas. The tables are turned a bit (WE have home court rather than THEM), but the similarities between the teams is unreal.

- Each team has only been to the finals once before (and against each other!)
- Each of us has 2 guys that played in that previous series (Novitzki,Terry/Wade,Haslem).
- BOTH teams seem to like to play from behind and pull it out in the 4th quarter (which is going to make the serious VERY interesting)
- BOTH coaches are different from the previous series
- BOTH teams have only lost 3 playoff games this year
- BOTH teams are coming off 4-1 series wins (that ended on consecutive nights)
- NEITHER team was expected early in the year to make the finals this year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 09:01AM by montequi.

Date: June 01, 2011 03:58AM

LETS GOOOOO HEAT!!!

3 MORE WINS BABY!!!!!!!

---------------------

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 01, 2011 06:11AM

Phins

Heat (jumped on the bandwagon w/ Wade came to the team)

Yankees - back in the day Mickey Rivers was a MIA kid
Expos NL - '' '' '' Warren Cromartie " "

NCAA Gators #1, SU Orange 1B

Date: June 01, 2011 08:41AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> LETS GOOOOO HEAT!!!
>
> 3 MORE WINS BABY!!!!!!!

RESPONSE: Part one of the four part revenge for My Thunder and My Lakers.

Let's make it a SWEEP!!!!!

Date: June 02, 2011 01:45PM

Date: June 03, 2011 07:50AM

Date: June 08, 2011 08:46PM

Ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh! How can you miss a free throw, D Wade, with only about a minute left in the game AND you were behind by 2 points AND... you had almost missed the first free throw?

Wasn't that a warning to you to be more careful on the next shot??????

Date: June 09, 2011 01:45AM

It shouldn't have been as close as it was. Our shooting was off in the 4th quarter. Lebron wasn't playing his game either. We'll bounce back in game 5, but it's starting to look like this could go 7 games.

Date: June 09, 2011 05:29AM

this series has been torture. each loss has been totally crushing. after each I've avoided sports TV, radio, and internet b/c I can't stand reliving it. Reminds me of how I used to get with the Dolphins when they lost, back when each game actually meant something because we were always contending (even in 2008 I think we all knew that this team was just a feel good story, not a real threat). In a way, the phins sucking have kind of been a relief, lowing the stress level of my life. This Heat team is bringing it back though.

I see tonight's game going 1 of 2 ways---a DAL blowout win, b/c the Heat will be demoralized after game 4 and LeBron's pathetic display, or a close win with LeBron having a monster game. If DAL wins, I think we lose the series, maybe in 6. If we win, I think the championship is in the bag. tonight is HUGE!

Date: June 09, 2011 07:58AM

Tonights game will NOT be a blowout. In fact, I don't see ANY games being a blowout unless Wade, Lebron or Nowitzki are injured and can't play. I felt that we'd win Game 3 (and we did), and I have the same feeling for tonight's game. Lebron will have a good game, and that will open things up for other guys. Chalmers will start hitting shots again. So will Bosh.

And, as you said, if we win the game we win the championship. In fact, if Lebron has a good game and that opens things up for others, I think we'll have a formula that we'll take to game 6 to finish the series...unless Dallas finds a way of adjusting. I'm not counting the Mavs out.

Date: June 09, 2011 08:27AM

I think there is a chance of a blowout due to mental weakness, not talent. During the regular season we had stretches where we let bad things snowball (see 5 game losing streak with huge blown leads and 30 pt loss to Spurs). In the playoffs the Heat has been incredibly tough mentally---however if the team slips into "woe is me" mode it could be a long night. If Bron Bron brings it and Wade and Bosh keep up their good play, and we get at least some help from Miller/Chalmers/Haslem, then we should win tonite.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.