HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cam Newton
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Cam Newton
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:59AM

I dont like Henne either, however Tebow who many consider one of the best college players ever, How many people on here are like no thanks to Tebow last year?

From what your saying is that Newton is a better qb than Tebow based on one awsome season?

Tewbow had 4 awsome seasons, and did more than Newton, and you would rather have Newton, than Tebow?

Just waundering, because I don't think Newton is as good as Tebow, and your clammering like he is the best thing since sliced bread.

That means man crush, like I had with White, even though I knew deep down that I was wrong, and wanted to be right so bad, that I was blinded by that truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 12:25PM

Not man crush, I hope we draft either Gabbert or Newton. Yes I like Newton, Tebow was handled perfectly, he was the cherished one of Meyer at Florida and could do no wrong. I give Tebow huge respect. Newton had setbacks and mistakes and did not let them KO him and his career, he earned everything he got, nothing was given to Cam Newton.
I believe Cam is a much better passer and has a better passing fundamentals coming out of college and will be the better QB.
I think Cam is the best option we have available to be able to get and compete with Henne. If the powers that be like Gabbert better and select him I will be happy as well. AS Phinfans said, we need to be proactive at the QB and take one in th 1st rd. I dont like any other QB's in this draft but those 2.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 01:33PM

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 02:04PM

Not so fast on Mallet, he is troubled by a slow delivery and slow feet. Couple that with questionable pocket presence and it is a recipe for disaster. there is a reason most draft experts are grading him out as a second rounder and it is not just his off-the-field stuff. Honestly, he reminds me of Chad Henne. Rocket arm, poor pocket presence, intelligence questions, and slow feet. I would be very disappointed with Miami drafting Mallet. If Miami takes a QB then I want one that brings different skills to the table than Henne does. Also, I want one in the 1st round.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2011 03:58PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not so fast on Mallet, he is troubled by a slow
> delivery and slow feet. Couple that with
> questionable pocket presence and it is a recipe
> for disaster. there is a reason most draft
> experts are grading him out as a second rounder
> and it is not just his off-the-field stuff.
> Honestly, he reminds me of Chad Henne. Rocket
> arm, poor pocket presence, intelligence questions,
> and slow feet. I would be very disappointed with
> Miami drafting Mallet. If Miami takes a QB then I
> want one that brings different skills to the table
> than Henne does. Also, I want one in the 1st
> round.

RESPONSE: Even though I am a Henne supporter I largely agree. The only benefit would be that he would be better at running the wildcat and would not have to come off the field and therefore it would be harder to prepare for from the standpoint of the opposite team but I don't believe in the Wildcat anyway. I think we should pass on Newton.

But I don't know what you mean by you "want one in the 1st round" because I would be surpised if Gabbert was available at 15.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:44AM

Most experts..*INCLUDING* Mayock, Kiper, and McShay have Mallet now going in the 3rd....and Cam Newton a top 3 pick and the first QB taken.

Honestly, I appluade his willingness to show off his skills at the combine, seeing as many dont.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: February 22, 2011 06:25AM

Mallett will be a star in the pro's unlike Newton who will be the ultimate bust, and not even worth the trouble that the media are making him out to be. I would take Mallett over Newton any day of the week Mallett reminds me of Joe flacco who is pretty damn good for the ravens. Newton reminds me of Vince Young except not even remotrely the player Vince was coming out of college. Newton is a one hit wonder that is now a can't miss prospect like so many others he will fail and fail hard I'm afraid. Everyone pundit is always looking for the next Michael Vick the player that will change the QB position forever ain't going to happen folks. Newton is just another players that the pundits can pin their hopes on only to watch him utterly fail. Man I can't wait now that will be some can't miss tv.

Date: February 22, 2011 07:37AM

Well if you are so sure, why are you not doing this for a living? You talk as if what you say is the Gospel.

---------------------

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 22, 2011 11:12AM

wow where have i been for this discussion. First off as everyone knows the reppa is a hater and yes i was hating on cam newton. I watched him play early in the year and thought for a scrambling qb he is not even that great a scrambler and did not see all of the hype. The hype is for a "scrambling qb" this guy can really throw the football and win games with his arm. I think compared to any scrambling qb I have every watched in college the only guy I would say can rival his passing ability would be dennis dixon, who if he didnt get hurt would have been a top 8 draft pick and a BEAST qb.

Anyone who compares him to a vince young or a pat white as someone else said never watched this guy play. He can to pass first and if things breaks down he has the ability to pick up yards with his feet. I must say for a hater I think I am a believer... At the end of the day it is all about the NFL coaching staff. I dont care how good you are in college the NFL game is different, and if you are not at a place that can develop you properly you will fall flat on your face.

Date: February 22, 2011 12:16PM

Agree Reppa and Aqua I have watched and coached football long enough to know the games and players in it. I just don't see any thing special with Newton, and I will be proved right in the end. I feel like with Newton it is about getting paid once paid then he won't give a damn about football studying the play book or any thing football related. The family obviously needs the money daddy sure does so their you have it like it or not. I do not see a first at the stadium player, or a stay way later than every one else player the things you need to do to be elite. I see a big paycheck then it's party time for the Newton clan.

Date: February 22, 2011 12:47PM

Reppa, Dennis Dixon would have never been a top 10 pick, never. Sorry.

@Finshady, I never said Newton will be a bust. I dont know. If I did, I would be in that business. What I do know is, the guy has everything you are looking for physically in a franchise QB, plus all the intangibles. My only concern is how smart he is.

You, me, or anybody else would be an idiot to compare him to Jamarcus Russell or Pat White. Down right idiot, he is not one of those guys.

If anything he is much more in the Ben Roethlisberger/Josh Freeman Mold. But that doesnt mean he will be one of those guys. I dont know what he will be.

But he is definately not Russell or White.

---------------------

Date: February 22, 2011 02:19PM

He definately ain't Rothlisberger either not even close come on man get real.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:27PM

I think a lot of people see a black QB and immediately he reminds them of vince young or jamarcus russell

Date: February 22, 2011 03:36PM

I agree Berk. 100% agree. And it is pretty terrible to compare him to those guys.

He is a completely different player than those 2 guys.

---------------------

Date: February 23, 2011 10:43AM

Well Berk I think the same type of racist comment can be, I see alot of black, and latino support for a black player, while majority of the white people on here dont support it.

Is that going to be your next statement?

Well then dont bother I just posted it for ya.

The fact that Vince Young is mixed, and that Newton is mixed, meaning there not purly from African decent, anyways is just coincidental, and that they both throw a decent ball, and are a decent runner.

They both show imaturity, have you read what Newton has just answered regarding to questions?

Go to the new's wire and read then.

I liked the Culpepper move, and he is black, hell blacker than Newton, I loved the Pat White pick, and he is black?

What I am getting at, is I don't give a shit about a players sking color, unlike some on here who I feel just clamour for him, because he is black, and they desperatly want the best QB in the world to be black.

I just want a QB, who has very little to zero question marks about playing in the pro's, ESPECIALLY if its a first round pick.

Berkeley Come on man your better than that right??

Date: February 23, 2011 11:03AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Well Berk I think the same type of racist comment
> can be, I see alot of black, and latino support
> for a black player, while majority of the white
> people on here dont support it.
>
> Is that going to be your next statement?
>
> Well then dont bother I just posted it for ya.
>
> The fact that Vince Young is mixed, and that
> Newton is mixed, meaning there not purly from
> African decent, anyways is just coincidental, and
> that they both throw a decent ball, and are a
> decent runner.
>
> They both show imaturity, have you read what
> Newton has just answered regarding to questions?
>
> Go to the new's wire and read then.
>
> I liked the Culpepper move, and he is black, hell
> blacker than Newton, I loved the Pat White pick,
> and he is black?
>
> What I am getting at, is I don't give a shit about
> a players sking color, unlike some on here who I
> feel just clamour for him, because he is black,
> and they desperatly want the best QB in the world
> to be black.
>
> I just want a QB, who has very little to zero
> question marks about playing in the pro's,
> ESPECIALLY if its a first round pick.
>
> Berkeley Come on man your better than that right??

Dude, you got me lost in whatever it was you were trying to say...
I think it is a important point, that people who are generalizing, Newton with only other black QB's. Can you show me where anyone here who doesnt like Newton compared him to a white QB, who failed... IF people wanted to compare Mallet they compared him to another white QB who is successful(Flaco) when people want to compare Newton they compare him to only black mediocre or fail QB's. THe point that Berk and A&O make are valid IMO. If you feel the need to defend yourself that is based on your own feelings and intent towards what you posted and why... I Now people will try and overcompensate for what they said, in a natural defensive response...
SOmewhere I have read this book.....lol
can not claim to know anyones heres intent, but I can not deny the correlations others have made either...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 23, 2011 11:08AM

No problem w/ Cam's interview questions. First of all w/ Sportwriters you never get the entire context of what was said.

His first answer he is an athlete entertainer and icon. All 3 true, he is not an icon to me but in Auburn he is.

The second answer true, he did accomplish more in one year than most guys do in four. No problem he used the word WE, when hesaid we had an oppurtunity to do something great and did it.

Guys a winner speaks big hope he can back it up in the pros like he did in college. Every time this guy says something some people just turn red.

Date: February 23, 2011 08:43PM

Well thanks Crowder I think you got to put your point across that you wana make somone out to be racist.

Anyways the guy isnt no Steve Young, is that better a white/black qb comparison, with simular skill sets, or Bart Star for that matter, we can do some more?

Date: February 23, 2011 08:43PM

Wait wait here is another, he damn sure isnt Warren Moon! That better, or Micheal Vick.

Date: February 23, 2011 08:45PM

Randall Cunningham was a better QB than what Newton will prob be? Is that better?? more relevant talk now, that he is compared to the broad spectrum? Will that help everyone now that you can't sit back and compare him to white QB's or just black QB's.

Date: February 24, 2011 02:23AM

I'll compare him to Ryan Leaf a white immature QB for the Sandiego Chargers. Their you go folks hell Leaf's career might even be better than Spam Newton's will ever be. That's right Spam Newton looks like meat , but in the end just fillers and God only knows what else. I don't hate the kid I just know what it takes to play as a pro, and what it takes to be leader of your team. Henne does not have it, and neither does Newton point blank.

Date: February 24, 2011 02:56AM

I made it a point to say I do not know people's intent around here or claim to....but I did say this
"If you feel the need to defend yourself that is based on your own feelings and intent towards what you posted and why... I Now people will try and overcompensate for what they said, in a natural defensive response"...

you guys choose to follow the script, DOnt you understand?

Date: February 24, 2011 07:18AM

What you have a hidden agenda Crowder? Sure we understand, but don't care to follow.

We just giving you our thoughts on a guy, you gave us your's.

I guess the ruffled feathers will fly when the crow is let out of the bag huh.

In time there will be alot of crow eating on here one way or the other.

Im taking the safe bet and going with traditional wisdom by declaring your man a first round bust!!!!! ESPECIALLY if the reports are true, and that Chan Gailey gets him in the draft lol.......

I got hot sauce, cajun, black pepper, lemon pepper, butter, beer battered, peanut oiled dipped in a special homemade batter that will attract the latter lol....

We got dried out jerkyfied crow, we got slow roasted, and marienatied crow, we got snow scrow, we got palm leaved with a hit of pineapple underground smoked crow.

Good god allmighty sweet potatoe pie that will shut anyone's mouth.

Of course a nice minty fresh cold glass of fresh squeezed lemonaide available upon request!!

Also have nothing but the finest American beers, including Pabst blue ribbon, Schlitz, Budwieser, Coors, and Samuel Adams.

So order now for your Cam Newton Crow!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 10:31AM

Mia1 Wrote:

> I got hot sauce, cajun, black pepper, lemon
> pepper, butter, beer battered, peanut oiled dipped
> in a special homemade batter that will attract the
> latter lol....
>
> We got dried out jerkyfied crow, we got slow
> roasted, and marienatied crow, we got snow scrow,
> we got palm leaved with a hit of pineapple
> underground smoked crow.
>
> Good god allmighty sweet potatoe pie that will
> shut anyone's mouth.
>
> Of course a nice minty fresh cold glass of fresh
> squeezed lemonaide available upon request!!
>
> Also have nothing but the finest American beers,
> including Pabst blue ribbon, Schlitz, Budwieser,
> Coors, and Samuel Adams.
>
> So order now for your Cam Newton Crow!!!smileys with beer

I guess you know all kinds of flavors of crow because you've tasted them all.......

Date: February 24, 2011 11:04AM

Thats right baby no fake grill master here, in order to serve the best, you must taste the rest. winking smiley

Date: February 24, 2011 03:33PM

Preach it my brothers.

Date: February 24, 2011 03:51PM

No agenda on a message board about my favorite football team, but I find it funny. The people with the brains to will understand and those with out it will not I suppose.. Cheers
I dont think Gailey takes him, he is posturing trying to trade the pick for someone that really wants him. FItzpatrick was great for buffalo, hell I' d love to have a shot at Fitzpatrick... With how bad buffalo has been on defense and them having a decent QB, why in the world would they draft Cam Newton... It doesnt make much sense to me. But I guess you must see it different if you think Gailey is going to take him number 3 and pay him Sam Bradford money.

Date: February 26, 2011 03:12AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 26, 2011 03:32AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I actually think Carolina is gonna shock the world
> and take Cam Newton #1 overall.

If they do the comparisons to Jamarcus Russell will be rampant in the press.

Date: February 26, 2011 03:53AM

I hope the Bills take him. It will mean they will suck for many more years to come.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.