HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ok not trying to be negative
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ok not trying to be negative
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:45PM

but if you were the owner of this NFL franchise what would you do with if this was your team?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ok not trying to be negative
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:47PM

Lol I would have sex with all the cheerleaders, and Toast to the good life? What would you do?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:49PM

Date: January 02, 2011 02:49PM

Good one Mia they probably wouldn't want to have it with you because your not too bright. The question is legitimate Ross has to figure what to do next not easy.

Date: January 02, 2011 02:52PM

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:56PM

Give Sparano his pink slip. It was stated earlier, that if there was no proven candidates out there to replace it would be a hard decision. The problem is that there is several replacements who can step right in.
Cowher, Chucky, Belicheck (which most are not talking about)

The next step is to assemble the coaching staff

then get a Qb

Date: January 02, 2011 02:58PM

I agree with you. We have to get a franchise QB,and a new head coach who knows offense because I would rather lose 34-31 then 14-10. I mean we have no clue what we are doing on offense. It is take some crap throw it on the wall and see what sticks. We have been really clueless on offense sense Marino retired because we have not had an elite QB for 10 freaking years.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:06PM

Belicheck? I don't see how he is a prospect?

Date: January 02, 2011 03:22PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:37PM

Find out who is evaluating talent and fire them.

Find out who thinks we can have receivers who can't catch.

Find out who thinks we can have d-backs who can't catch.

Find out who thinks we can have tacklers who can't WRAP UP.

That would be ONLY THE FIRST THING in a long list.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:51PM

My own take is that the one question Ross has to answer is whether Ireland is capable of getting the job done. The other questions (Sparano, QB, etc.) follow from that one.

This team needs a major, major overhaul of the offense. Almost every position (w/the exception of LT) and every offensive coach needs to be addressed. Does Ireland have the ability to carry out such an overhaul?

This question is complicated because it's difficult to assess from his record which decisions were his and which were Parcell's. Unless Ross has reliable information on this, I think he has to assume that Ireland has some responsibility for all the moves the FO made in the past three years.

The record is not reassuring. Put simply, the FO has done a good job on the defense and a terrible job on the offense, especially in the draft. The only really productive starter they've picked in the draft on the offensive side is Long, and they had to pass up a franchise quarterback in order to do so. Hartline is at least a contributor, and Bess was a good pick up as an undrafted free agent, but everything else has been pretty miserable.

Ireland has to be given his due for the way he's built the defense, but the record on the offense has been lacking, and that's our big need at this point in time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.