HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Anyone jumping out to anyone??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Anyone jumping out to anyone??
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 01, 2011 12:41PM

With a lot of top talent playing today, trying to keep track of everyone is impossible.
Anyone seeing any possible draft picks that we could realisticly get?

Saw Ingram earlier, and he looked awesome against Mich St.. Would love to land him this April.

Gonna watch some Rose Bowl and check out these Wisc backs and o-linemen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone jumping out to anyone??
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 01, 2011 01:26PM

Since we need a QB far more than any other position...

Andy Dalton (projected in mid rounds right now) looks VERY interesting.

His arm strength is better than expected.

Hit receivers in stride.

Has control of the O.

Great looking athlete.

Looks off when nesessary.

Pump fakes.

Let's see the 2nd half...

RE OL, the gators C was awesome today.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 01, 2011 02:10PM

RB MARK INGRAM, C POUNCEY, G WEISNEIWSKI PENN ST

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 05:18PM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 01, 2011 02:40PM

WEISNEIWSKI plays RG for PS

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: January 01, 2011 04:09PM

I like Dalton too. He reminds me of Drew Brees a little. His height is a major question mark as he often has his passes tipped at the line of scrimmage. He seemed very competent though.

He wasn't used a whole lot but I also liked RB John Clay of Wisconsin. I would compare him a little to Jerome Bettis. He isn't a game breaker, but he sure is a load to bring down.

I agree that Mark Ingram looks special. His style is reminiscent of Emmitt Smith. He may be there for us, but I really hope a premier quarterback is there instead. My biggest fear is that the Patriots draft Ingram. With all those picks, they are going to get some really good young players.

Ingram's teammate, wideout Julio Jones, was impressibe too. He is a possibilty in the middle of round 1.

Al Toon's son, Nick, showed well. He could be a nice find in the 4th round or so. He certainly has the pedigree.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 01, 2011 10:26PM

Good god people, we need draft picks period.

We cant afford to use our one and only pick for two rounds on a 50/50 chance to hit ONE PLAYER!!

Thats stupid, and ludicris. You guy's need to stop day-dreaming, and come to the realization that 1, this team is not drafting a QB in the first round.

2. We will not be drafting Ingram, because Ireland is going to trade down to re-acquire at least one second round pick.

So with a projected 23-28th overall pick, need to look at who is going to be there.

It isnt going to be Luck, or Ingram.

So lets use it SMARTLY and get the best RT left in the draft.

Then from our newley acquired second round pick, take a stab on a LG, or RG, to shore up our O-line because I believe that Incognito will make for a outstanding Center, which he was drafted in college to do, by due to injury from other player's and such was moved to guard, and has been there ever since.

Our third round pick I would look to either draft a RB or TE.

The fourth I could see us going after a QB, maybe in the Third as well.

God I'M SO tired of everyone wanting to waste our ONLY pick in TWO ROUNDS on a single player, that will most likely not improve our team enough to compensate that kind of a investment.

You should be licking your chop's and PRAYING that this FO or whoever replaces them trades down.

Tell me does this sound good. Hey we drafted Ingram 15th overall YEAHHHH, wait wait who the .uck is going to open up a hole for him to run through?

Real genious thinking.

All I got to say is 3.8 YPC and how many sack's? Yeah I would say O-line is BIGGEST need to fix, because it doesnt matter who the hell is running the ball, or throwing it for that matter, because if the RB can't hit a OPEN HOLE DO TO NO HOLE, or the QB can't stand like Brady and comb his hair waiting on his WR to get open because it doesnt matter without a elite O-line.

Jesus I know its boring and a repeadative subject talking about O-line but unless your blind, or just well our O-line is joke as a whole.

Jake Long, then who the hell Incognito? Who has ZERO pulling capability?

His best feature's put him at center, and yes it took Sparano 14 games to figure that out so here is a toast to hope that I am right on that assessment, so that we can draft a LG, and another RG, and Biggest NEED A RT!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 10:35PM by Mia1.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:16AM

We don't have many bullets in the draft so we should take advantage of the strength of the free agent pool. I think we need to fix the offensive line by aggressively seeking two of the top free agents.

Date: January 02, 2011 06:12AM

Ok and what is the age of the O-lineman in the F/A this year?

I don't want players over the 31 mark, just to have a old injury prone guy who will be only good for what 2 3 years?.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 06:26AM

YEAH we should pass on top notch talents and roll the dice with mid-round picks...NOT

Date: January 02, 2011 07:39AM

Ok yeah good philosiphy Daytona, lets get one solid option in the teens, instead of 2 or thee solid talents in the first 64.

Stupid mentallity.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.