Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hmm sounds weak to me - Why doesn't the Dolphins' two-minute offense work better?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hmm sounds weak to me - Why doesn't the Dolphins' two-minute offense work better?
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 29, 2010 11:44AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hmm sounds weak to me - Why doesn't the Dolphins' two-minute offense work better?
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 29, 2010 11:56AM

What’s really been downright naughty is the way opposing defenses have deliberately (can you imagine, DELIBERATELY) tried to stop our 2 minute “game.”

I mean it’s not fair to Henne when they do confusing shit like that. And I’ve even heard the other teams CB’s have studied Henne (can you believe!) and know what he’s doing before he does it.

Obviously Henning is leaking top secret stuff to the opposing DC.

What’s up with that?

Isn't he fired already?

Re: Hmm sounds weak to me - Why doesn't the Dolphins' two-minute offense work better?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:23PM

Date: December 29, 2010 12:37PM

Tsstamper,

OK so it’s just the play calling (*wink*).

Let me ask you a VERY SIMPLE question:

Is Henne THE ANSWER at QB?

Yes or no?

Date: December 29, 2010 12:44PM

My best simple answer: I don't know

But I do know that if no receiver is running a route longer than 10 yards, it is more difficult to move 30+ yards in 19 seconds (or whatever we needed against DET).

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:48PM

oh come on, very easy answer---our QB sucks

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:50PM

THis.

2 minute drills are easily pointed at the QB.

Normally they are in charge of everything, getting people to the line, lining everybody up, calling plays, so on and so forth....

So, with such porous 2 minute play, it is obvious that Henne is 100% the problem.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 29, 2010 12:52PM

Perhaps they were just practicing their short game routes?

Don’t underestimate our Einstein coaches…

K?

BTW, if Henne had any gonads he’d flip the coaches off and call for deep routes.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:52PM

The play calling is bull. That is obvious. What is not obvious is whether Henne can improve with the right coaches. We won't know that till next season.

Now don't get upset guys, I still think we need another/better QB. Please, just don't sell the farm for him. We are to close for that.

Date: December 29, 2010 12:54PM

to expand just a bit more, I suppose I would love to have seen Henne during one of these last-minute drives in the past couple of games look up to Henning, smile...perhaps gesture a bit, and take hold of the last several plays.

He hasn't earned this right yet, but every player on the team HAD to know that the plays being called would not get them where they needed to be. We have to have a TD, and the plays called don't send receivers far down the field? How is that Henne's fault? Please don't tell me that Henning's calls are that hamstrung by Henne's abilities. If there's next to no chance that Henne can execute the plays to get us a TD, then why not just put Thigpen in for the last series? Why would they even play him if they were as certain as you are that he can't do it?

Henne should have spiked the ball numerous times when he didn't during end-of-game drives. Why does he do that? He's doing what he's been told/coached to do. WRs should have run deeper routes to get bigger chunks of yards or caught sideline passes. Why don't they do that? Because that's not the play that's called. If they run a sideline route and Henne throws it where they should be according to the play that's called, then they won't be there to catch it.

I suppose that's why I'd love to see what I probably never will in this Henning/Henne relationship...Henne spiking the ball when he's told to throw a screen on 1st down on the Phins 40 with a minute left (made that scenario up, but probably close to several this year). Then, he receives the play in his headset...ignores it completely...and tries to win the ball game.

Date: December 29, 2010 01:00PM

Basically what you're saying is that Henne is a chimpanzee as opposed to a sloth, right?

Date: December 29, 2010 01:02PM

Date: December 29, 2010 01:06PM

Date: December 29, 2010 01:07PM

C'mon, the QB is THE DUDE and he's got to have the gonads to say f**k off coaches I'm the one one the field and we're GOING FOR IT!

Henne is simply NOT the answer.

You got the question wrong BTW.

Date: December 29, 2010 01:08PM

The financial point is your best play tsstamper.

Cheers to you for stating the obvious.

Date: December 29, 2010 01:10PM

what's the question - i thought the chimp was the one who did what his owner/trainer said to do - if that's not it, then you're right...I missed it

EDIT: the is he the guy Y/N question...got it. I stand by my answer. I don't know. I will say I feel much worse about him than I did at the end of last season, but I still don't know.

Where did it get Joey Porter when he disobeyed commands last year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 01:15PM by tsstamper.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 29, 2010 04:47PM

People forget that the 2 minute offense wasn't good in 2008, either. We have a lack of explosive talent at the WR position. When your best receivers are two guys who are at their best running 5-10 yard patterns over the middle, it minimizes what you can do in the 2 minute drill.

And this year, the horrible pass protection has not helped. If you noticed, we started the 2 minute drill against the Lions with a 5 WR package. And we had to abandon it because our 5 linemen could not block their 4 rushers. We were forced to keep Ronnie Brown and Mickey Shuler into block, until we completed a few passes to get them on their heels. And even then, we still were keeping one of those two into block.

We have a lot of issues on offense.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 30, 2010 09:38AM

Date: December 30, 2010 10:25AM

Yo Cheryl, big nasty fish + stinky + female + lesbian could be misconstrued in some parts.

Try to have some tact, OK?

And BTW, if you find gonads “sexy” that’s your business.

smiling smiley

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.