HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For those who want to bench Henne..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
For those who want to bench Henne..
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 08, 2010 02:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For those who want to bench Henne..
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 02:41AM

That is great! I was in a meeting and started laughing. That was a good way to start the morning.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: November 08, 2010 02:45AM

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I STILL think Henne is our QB for the next 10+ years. He is still growing! Yes, there are some things that he does that he should probably be past right now but I think he is our best chance to win now and the future.

I think the guy has it all. If by the end of next season he doesn't make the leap to a Flacco/Ryan/Rogers level then I say we look to move on.

I think we all need to take a long look at the little bit of help he gets. I think this is as much the talent and play calling around him as it is some of his current short comings that are causing all this.

I have no idea why they aren't creating more mis-matches for Marshall and really exploiting the Henne to Marshall connection. Why isn't he in motion more? Why aren't they bunching the receivers more? Why aren't they putting him in more confusing locations more (anyone recall earlier in the year they would line him up in the backfield then motion him out before the snap). GET CREATIVE!!!

Do something. This QB is struggling with the system and plays being called.

Listen, I'm no coach and these guys have forgotten more X's and O's than I will ever know, but I almost look at Henne like a high performance car. He needs to run wide open. Throw deep etc.. You don't put your hot rod in to drive around a small parking lot filled with traffic.

Where are the draws, the play action pass, flea flicker, fade to Marshall in the end zone, 5 receiver sets, hurry up offense etc.. open something up. Send these guys deep once in a while. If it doesn't work so what, what we've been doing hasn't worked either! At least at that point we can say we tried and failed. AT this point we are just failing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 03:06AM by NJ Dolfan.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 02:57AM

NJ Dolfan,, You are a voice of reason,,, What are you doing here?

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: November 08, 2010 03:11AM

lol.. I am just as frustrated as everyone else, but I just don't see this all being Henne's problem.

I also believe in Sparano too, but I do wish he was a little more of a risk taker at times. I'd love to see an occasional fake, go for it on 4th & 2 inside the 10. If you fail then make your defense that was ranking 7th in the league (before they forgot how to tackle yesterday) hold them to less than 90 yards.

I just hate we are so easy to read. There just no creativity or desire to take chances. When you are struggling to score TDs you need to try something different than what you have been doing.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 03:21AM

NJ dolfin fan you have a blanket pulled over your eyes.

Date: November 08, 2010 04:31AM

I'm all for getting creative. Let Henne loose. We should fire Henning and open it up THIS year. Only THEN will we know what kind of QB Henne really is!

Date: November 08, 2010 04:52AM

One who doesnt have pockett awareness?

Date: November 08, 2010 04:55AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One who doesnt have pockett awareness?

If the playoffs are truly out of reach we can finally answer the question: Are Henne's faults all due to the restriction of the offensive gameplan, or is he REALLY that bad?

Date: November 08, 2010 04:58AM

Im on board 1million percent about fire Henning Ive been calling for his head since LAST YEAR.

Man Im pretty good with talent evaluation's and buddy its painfully obvious that Henning has lost his marbles.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 08, 2010 05:34AM

Curt's comments in today's summary of the game are right on. He also suggest putting in Pennington in now so that we can rescue our season. I for one think if Henne is the starter the rest of the year, be prepared to see two or three more wins.

Date: November 08, 2010 05:38AM

Yeah 7-9 looking pretty solid right now DARN YOU VEGAS!!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 05:45AM

boy, if we end this season *not* knowing whether henne is the answer and talking about taking a QB in round 1, then this season will be an unmitigated disaster. I'd rather go 4-12 and at least know that Henne is the man going forward and we can build around him then bench henne for pennington and finish 8-8 or 9-7.
Let's see what Henne does with some better offensive plays called before we cut our losses with him. I still think he can be the QB of the future, but am having more and more doubts with each passing game. But Pennington isn't the answer either so let's keep going with Henne for now

Date: November 08, 2010 05:50AM

Henne has a acurate pass, a solid arm, just doesnt have the IT I mean Moxy brains I don't know he starts out most games solid then kinda falls off as the game goes on.

Thats the problem is he shows greatness at times, then WOW at times in a not so positive fashion.

I'd rather have consistant boring Pennington playing than inconsistant Henne play, but if we do that you further hamper his upbringing, however this is his 3rd year in the league second starting so???

HOW much time does one guy need?

Stafford tore it up in his first and second year, although he gets hurt alot, Sanchez doing better Ryan doing better Flacco doing better. Just saying you can't keep giving the man a excuse we used a SECOND ROUND pick on him which is a pretty high pick.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 08, 2010 06:16AM

Let Pennington scrap the season, draft a No. 1 QB, keep Thigpen as the back up, and get Cowher or Gruden as HC.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 08, 2010 06:34AM

>
> HOW much time does one guy need?
>
>

IMO the answer to that question is, one entire season from training camp to end.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 06:38AM

That doesn't fix the defense which was a big problem yesterday. If the defense had kept things close I believe we would have stayed with the running game and interceptions would not have been the subject of conversation today. Who knows??

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 08, 2010 07:00AM

JC Wrote:
> >
> > HOW much time does one guy need?
> >
> >
>
> IMO the answer to that question is, one entire
> season from training camp to end.

I actually have to laugh at some of the comments here. So I will address this as it is a logical question.

Elway was ridiculous for the first 3 years.
Ely Manning was rediculed on this board till he won a SB. How long did that take?
Orton is in his 6th season and is having a great year.
The list can go on and on. Henne is pretty much stinking it up much of the time this year. Does that mean he will never come around?

Funniest part is what some say about Thigpen. He has one full season and did pretty will. But some here seem to think that he can't play.

My question is, what makes people here think they know so much more than professionals? Oh yea, you know what you see. From a TV screen.

I think Henning is the biggest problem we have on offense. I think most here will agree with that. This offense can be much better than they have shown. With or without Henne.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 08:06AM

Didnt troy aikman went 1-15 in his first year or something before they took it to another level....

Its hennes second year only. Give him a break.

Date: November 08, 2010 08:38AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Didnt troy aikman went 1-15 in his first year or
> something before they took it to another
> level....
>
>
> Its hennes second year only. Give him a break.

alright...I'm getting tired of people getting their dates off. It's actually Henne's 3rd year (not his 2nd). He had a full year to observe and learn under Pennington before he was asked to perform in a real game. His 2nd year he came in when Penny was ineffective (i.e. teams figured out how to play Penny because of his weak arm). THIS is his first FULL year starting, but he's already had 2 previous years in the NFL. If he can't perform THIS year, then there is a problem. At this point, though, I don't know if it's the coaching strategy or Henne himself. That's why I'd like to see him TRY to light it up and see what he can do.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 08, 2010 10:14AM

Second year in charge of the team. Second year in charge of the team. What the hell kind of experience did he get in his rookie year?

This was not like Dan Marino's rookie year when he came in in about the 4th game or so against the Raiders and we never looked back.

Date: November 08, 2010 10:17AM

He didnt play in his first year.

Date: November 08, 2010 10:21AM

Dan Marino DID play in his rookie year. What are you talking about. David Woodley had just come off of a SuperBowl loss., the previous year.

Date: November 08, 2010 10:32AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Second year in charge of the team. Second year in
> charge of the team. What the hell kind of
> experience did he get in his rookie year?
>
Same that Aaron Rodgers did his first few years under Favre. What do you think Rodgers did his first few years? Pick his nose? You think Rodgers would have been THIS good if he would have come in green in his rookie year? How about Tom Brady? You think he did nothing his rookie year? Dude, IT COUNTS!!!

Date: November 08, 2010 10:34AM

He was talking about GAME TIME EXPERIENCE RUNNING THE OFFENSE ON THE FIELD not clipboard holding.

Date: November 08, 2010 10:37AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> He was talking about GAME TIME EXPERIENCE RUNNING
> THE OFFENSE ON THE FIELD not clipboard holding.

He's being compared to a guy that came right out of college and was put in as the starter (Troy Aikman). If you're going to do that you HAVE to include his clipboard time. It's a time to learn how the NFL works. It's a time to get reps in practice. QBs that come in as rookies don't get that time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 10:38AM by montequi.

Date: November 08, 2010 11:22AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Dan Marino DID play in his rookie year. What are
> you talking about. David Woodley had just come off
> of a SuperBowl loss., the previous year.

Was talking about henne.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 08, 2010 03:29PM

Mia1 Wrote:
>
> Stafford tore it up in his first and second year,
> although he gets hurt alot,

Really? Stafford has played in 13 games so far because of injuries. He is completing 54% of his passes, for an average of 5.9 yards per attempt, with 19 TD, 21 INT, and a QB rating of 67.1. That's tearing it up?

Date: November 08, 2010 05:01PM

Sorry but he throws TD's and gets the ball in the endzone.

In all fairness he didnt have much of a O-line and that is still shakey, but the guy can hit his wr's pretty nice.

I like him over Henne except he is glass lol..

Date: November 08, 2010 05:11PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Sorry but he throws TD's and gets the ball in the
> endzone.
>
> In all fairness he didnt have much of a O-line and
> that is still shakey, but the guy can hit his wr's
> pretty nice.
>
> I like him over Henne except he is glass lol..

It still doesn't make sense to compare an overall #1 pick to a 2nd rounder. Whether it's Stafford or Aikman, these guys were EXPECTED to be great.

You want a fair comparison, compare Henne to Drew Brees.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.