HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Disappointing Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Disappointing Dolphins
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:11AM

I know lot of posters are claiming that 4-4 is what they expected with this tough schedule up to now, but didn't we expect more from this year's Dolphins? Adding Dansby to the D, an obvious hole, adding Marshall, one of the best receivers in the league, one would think we could expect more from this year's team. Ross even was so bold to claim we were going to the Super Bowl this year. After finishing 500 last year, I for one, expect us to be even have a better year with the additions and more experience. At this point I think this team might not even make it to 500.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Disappointing Dolphins
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:24AM

Ryan Mallett.

Our next QB draft..a true leader...dump henne and get in Jon Grudden if cowher doesnt want to come here...ship Sporano and company back to Dallas there is a vacancy

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:27AM

We've definitely shown that we're not one of the elites yet but with such a young roster, that would be difficult to do.

I'm not surprised by the 4-4 start. A little disappointed, but not surprised. But instead of giving up on this team (and it's starters), like you and many others (mia1, dolphan1, psalm, etc) have done, I won't pull for us to lose in order to get a better draft position.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:31AM

The only way i will want to lose a game is if we are 1-14..........and we need to lose the last game of the season in order to draft ahead of the pats bills, or RETARDED $HITS.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:44AM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know lot of posters are claiming that 4-4 is
> what they expected with this tough schedule up to
> now, but didn't we expect more from this year's
> Dolphins?

I'm one of those posters. I expect more from them during the second half of the season. And yes, I'm bracing to be disappointed, but I'm not for benching Henne / tanking the season, etc.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:44AM

Before the season started the majority of those polled chose a 9-7 record so, I think that shows that most were realistic about this years Dolphins chances.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:54AM

well lets face it were talented, but were young, and very inexperienced, i expect that next year with maybe a couple position upgrades, we will challenge to be great.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 09, 2010 10:17AM

little weeweelead is stirring a Dolphins pot with a jets spoon.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 12:35PM

9-7 just doesnt get it done. We would need to win the rest of the games this season to pull this miracle off

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 01:38PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 09, 2010 01:53PM

Sure, we added Dansby and Marshall, but did nothing to address needs for a speedy RB, a deep threat WR, a TE, NT, and FS. It's still an incomplete team. Based on the schedule, I felt that if we could be 4-4 at the halfway point, we'd have a shot at going 10-6.

I also find the Mallett love sort of ironic, considering he backed up Henne at Michigan.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 09, 2010 02:16PM

This team is one of the top five player salaries in the league. I doubt very much that Ross is going to sit back and watch us miss the playoffs and watch his stadium half filled. If we fail to get to the playoffs it's bye bye to Sparano and Henne.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:08PM

Welead Wrote:
> This team is one of the top five player salaries
> in the league. I doubt very much that Ross is
> going to sit back and watch us miss the playoffs
> and watch his stadium half filled. If we fail to
> get to the playoffs it's bye bye to Sparano and
> Henne.

Actually, our 2010 payroll ranks 15th in the NFL.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 09, 2010 04:00PM

You know, Welead, looking back on those 8 games, they were all close on the books except the final score in the Pats game and that game was closer than the score indicates.

We could have easily gone 7-1. On the other hand, we could have instead been 0-8 (Yes, even our Buffalo win was a close one).

So 4-4 is pretty much what we deserve when we play close games.

But all the wins and losses were both team efforts.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 04:22PM

You know I never said tank in the dam season GBO don't put words in my mouth please.

I said if we go to 6 or 7 loss's then depending on the other teams, we can start others to see where they stand.

No 9-7 is NOT going to get it done this year, hell 10-6 won't even get it done all of the playoff teams are stacked, and at least 5-3 right now, 4 of which we lost too, and 2 of thoughs in our division.

All this talk about neysayers, there just realist, that are dissapointed with the PRODUCT which Steven Ross has put in front of us, saying its going to be fantastic, not stink it up.

I hold this team to extremely high standards regardless of who is on the team, because its supposed to be a professional team, with people making A TON of money to entertain me, and when the entertaining part sucks I HAVE THE GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, also to PRAISE whenever the hell I want, as long as it is within the rules of this web site, and like everyone has posted at least once, is you don't like what is being typed then don't respond and save your carpaltunnel from forming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 04:25PM by Mia1.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 04:43AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Sure, we added Dansby and Marshall, but did
> nothing to address needs for a speedy RB, a deep
> threat WR, a TE, NT, and FS. It's still an
> incomplete team. Based on the schedule, I felt
> that if we could be 4-4 at the halfway point, we'd
> have a shot at going 10-6.
>
> I also find the Mallett love sort of ironic,
> considering he backed up Henne at Michigan.

It's not like we didn't try:

speedy RB: Kory Sheets (on IR). He was also going to return kicks/punts.

FS: This was our biggest mistake, but I can understand the logic. We had needs at NT, OLB, and FS, and we made the determination in the draft that NT and OLB were the bigger needs. So, we traded our 1st round pick on the assumption that a NT would drop to us, but the guy we wanted was taken before we picked. Then we were left scrambling. We got the best D-Lineman available on our board instead (Odrick) and, as planned, used the 2nd rounder to shore up the OLB position (which we were REALLY thin at after letting go of Porter and Taylor). This, of course, left us with no real options at FS except Clemons. I THINK we thought we'd pick up a decent FS in later rounds, but good FS's are rare.

NT: (see above...but I think we've done ok) - Starks. Odrick was supposed to be a DE...along with Merling, giving us the depth to move Starks to NT. When we did that early in the year, we had a lot of success pressuring the QB. Soliai is also having his best year. So, I think we addressed this pretty well.

TE: This appeared to be addressed in TC with the re-signing of David Martin. At the time we also had Haynos, Sperry, and Nalbone. The problem happened when Haynos was hurt and we cut him. Then we inexplicably we waived Martin. Sperry had already been let go and Nalbone was NEVER good enough. So, while it appears we attempted to address the TE situation early in TC, we seriously dropped the ball in preseason!!!

deep WR: The assumption was that Marshall would attract so much attention that Hartline would be sufficient. Problem is, Hartline has seemed to have hit a sophmore slump. We also didn't anticipate how much of an impact the loss of Ginn would have on the passing game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.