HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Moss a titan.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Moss a titan.
Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:18AM

We had a shot with him at 18 and passed. He coulda made a difference, good or bad, but we'll never know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moss a titan.
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:30AM

kind of like the draft all over again. we passed on him at 19th to trade down and take Avery. Titans fix the error they made then, when the took Kevin Dyson over him.
a little pissed we didn't take a shot at him. I guess they were to afraid of the chemistry issue

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:33AM

Alright Miami !!!

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:36AM

Now watch Moss burn us in 2 weeks.......

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:37AM

YEESSSSS!!!! I am soooooo glad we didnt get this douchebag!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:44AM

I'm a bit surprised that nobody in line before us took him.

I'm also surprised that we didn't take him when our number came up.

Surprised on both counts, but VERY glad.

This is a good thing; we didn't lose our team chemistry OR our soul.

Date: November 03, 2010 11:47AM

Alright Miami !!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 03, 2010 12:33PM

He's a b*tch and a cancer....F him

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 01:27PM

So glad he didnt sign with the dolphins. I had mixed emotions about the situation. Its obvious he is a troublemaker and would just get in the way of what we are trying to accomplish.

IMHO consider this a blessing in the sky.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 03, 2010 01:30PM

I was thinking about how fortunate we are that Britt had an injury, and this move makes sense for them. Fisher will either get what he wants or dump him, too. Please let him be disinterested or not playing when we play them in a couple weeks.

Date: November 03, 2010 01:44PM

He looked disinterested already when he played for the pats...I noticed that a few times...

Date: November 03, 2010 02:11PM

please. this was a low risk, high reward move. I don't know how we didn't pick him up. If he shows up and plays to his ability, we have the best WRs in the league and a truly potent offense that can challenge for the AFC. If not, then we cut his ass ASAP. What is the downside? He yells at the team caterer? We put Wallace back on the practice squad? you guys that are cheering that we didn't pick him up, his first TD for us you'd be all over the signing. To me this is just timidness by the FO, nothing more.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:12PM

Ok I respect and understand everyone's opinion on here about the cancerous Moss not playing on our team.

However this wasnt a case of trading or drafting the guy, its taking a dissgruntled player off the waiver wire.

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knows that we need a deep threat wr, right?

Well we just had a golden oppertunity that cost peanuts to acquire the greatest deep threat wr ever, or at least top 5 of all time.

We let him go to Tenn so Tenn enjoy the SB win, your GM did a great job in a fantastic pickup.

All I ask is everyone one of you guys who wished us to not go after him, has just lost the ability to ever complain again this year about having a BORING, non deep threat offense.

This move is on par with not going after Bree's for Culpepper, or trading Welker, well this is this staff's big blunder, and you can say he would destroy our chemistry to keep you warm at night, but basically you would rather have Brian Hartline over Randy Moss.

Think about that for a little bit, and also don't EVER EVER EVER complain about Brian Hartline, because you just picked him over Moss's character issues, and if Tenn beats the tar out of us, no complaints take it like a man.

This move would/ could have put us over the top, and really opened up our offense, however our GM, and HC are showing more signs of douchbaggery by the week, no I am not happy about this at all.

We just lost the oppertunity of a life time, for character issues lol.... Nice!! 8-8 here we come.

Jeff Ireland, and Tony Sparano your fired. I don't give them more than 2 more years, unless they somehow manage to get us into the playoffs, which I dought but you never know, no playoffs then your fired good bye so long take your good character non-winning attitude with you.

We just passed on Randy Moss lol...... ohhhhh geesh

Date: November 03, 2010 02:14PM

omg me an mia both had the same thought at about the same time

Date: November 03, 2010 02:15PM

Berkeley I agree 100 percent this is truely a horrible stupid move.

Yeah Brian Hartline you better make Moss like catchs, and TD'S. LIKE THIS WEEK GOING FORWARD.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:16PM

GREAAAAAT!!! Now we get to play against Moss yet AGAIN this year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:19PM

Berkeley, Mia1, we are ALL in agreement. STUPID move!!

Date: November 03, 2010 02:20PM

Jeff Ireland your fired. FIRED FIRED FIRED.....

Date: November 03, 2010 02:21PM

quote:We let him go to Tenn so Tenn enjoy the SB win, your GM did a great job in a fantastic pickup.

LOL like tennesee is going to win the superbowl...Oh yeah they are.

Date: November 03, 2010 02:25PM

there 5-2 with no wr's, add best all time deep threat to that mix, and well I don't think we can beat him, because Moss will require Double team action, leaving Young, and Johnson to rack up yards, good luck containing them.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:32PM

moss didn't require too much double team action 4 weeks ago when vontae 100% shut him down not allowing a single catch. (albeit he did drop the one in the end zone)

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: November 03, 2010 02:37PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> moss didn't require too much double team action 4
> weeks ago when vontae 100% shut him down not
> allowing a single catch.

Exactly!!!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:38PM

Bad move by us. Stupid, if he didn't work you bench him, simple. But you take the shot. God this team is so conservative. No risk no reward.

Date: November 03, 2010 02:39PM

I'm sorry but didnt we get our butt's kicked by the Pats, and also they don't have Young, and Johnson running the crap out of the ball.

Date: November 03, 2010 02:39PM

Don't need Moss. Dan Carpenter is our deep threat.

Date: November 03, 2010 02:41PM

Sorry Fleetlord I appreciate the comedy, but seriously not now man please this is just a crappy move by Ireland plain and simple.

You guys can try to justafy not going for Moss any way you want, but deep down you know it was a HUGE MISTAKE not going for him. One which will bite us in the butt when Hartline only get's his 40 yards from 4 catchs a game. with ZERO td's.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:51PM

It may have been worth it to at least try, but if it doesn't work out, which it hasn't for 2 other teams, thats 3 million dollars after we already have 2 highly paid recievers in Bess and Marshall. Plus you all like to talk about young players maturing and stuff, what do you think that would do for Hartline to take him out of the lineup in favor for a really old soon to be washed up wr?

It doesn't matter if we have a deep threat reciever or not because we have such conservative play calling. If we wanted to throw deep we would throw deep to is it wallace or whoever is the fast reciever on our team.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: November 03, 2010 02:51PM

I agree mia1. Bonehead move.

Date: November 03, 2010 03:00PM

Again everyone who is against this team picking him up is just reaching for a excuse to feel good about not being able to put the game away.

It doesnt matter if we would rarely use him, he would open up the REST OF OUR OFFENSE!!!!

ITS RANDY MOSS!!!! HELLO PEOPLE NEWS FLASH HALL OF FAME WR RANDY MOSS HELLO IS ANYONE HOME?????? YOU EVER HEARD OF THE GUY???RANDY MOSS AVAILABLE ON THE CHEAP NOTHING THE LOSE ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!!!! WE NEEDED THE DEEP THREAT WR TO OPEN THINGS UP, AND THE BEST OF ALL TIME AT DOING THAT WAS IN OUR LAPS FOR SCRAPS, AND WE PUT OUR NOISE'S UP AS IF THIS TEAM IS TOO GOOD FOR RANDY MOSS, THE SAME TEAM THAT KICKED 10 FIELD GOALS IN 2 GAMES!!!!!!

YEAH WHOHOOOO IM SO EXCITED YEAHHHH LOOK AT ME MOSS IS A CANCER, AT LEAST HE COULD HAVE BEEN OUR CANCER TO HELP US ACTUALY SCORE TD'S.

I get it I'm sorry everyone on here has Carpenter on there fanatasy team so its a win for them that Moss is now on a team that is stacked, and playing VERY WELL, which we get the pleasure of playing against in two weeks. WHOHOOOO IM SO EXCITED!

Date: November 03, 2010 03:04PM

Yup, and they will beat us bad.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.