HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hello 8-8
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hello 8-8
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:07PM

I don't care what happened on the fumble a good QB takes his team down field for the winning field goal, and not look so damn inept with the game on the line with our last possesion. I admit it was a terribl call, but Henne blew this game he left too many missed plays on the field. I mean what in the hell was that 2 minute drive did he even trow the ball past the line of scrimmage. Look at all the teams in front of us with our reamaining schedule, I think 8-8 is the best we can do at this point. Henne clearly is the reason we lost today. He is plain and simply not an elite QB and iI don't know if he will ever become a good Qb at that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello 8-8
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:11PM

Go back and look at the coverage on each of those plays Finshady. The announcers usually miss no opportunity to embarrass any NFL quarterback by showing an open receiver, EVEN IF THEY EXCUSE IT BY SAYING "but he had more important things to look like keeping from getting sacked."

Here, the problem was not pressure on Henne but the fantastic coverage.

If you want to criticize, then again ask why did we not do more balanced running with Ricky Williams who seemed to be racheting up to form.

That might have softened the coverage for the pass.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:12PM

Listen carefully because I'm only going to say this once: Henne is holding this team back and the best QB is not starting. Say hello to a 500 season, no playoffs but oh so glad Henne got some playing time to "develop."

Date: October 24, 2010 03:15PM

Well, if you say so, Welead. You have really done your job with supporting your argument with sound reasons.

eerrrrr....I meant reason, singular. That reason being that he didn't win despite all the yardage he passed for in a game in which our running game, usually our strongest suit, was all but stuffed.

So yeah, I'll give up arguing with you because Henne should be benched solely because we lost the game.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:15PM

If all receivers are covered, then GOOD QB's will at least scrmble for a first down...
He just doesn't have it yet...It hasn't clicked...

Marino would lick his chops for the ball with 2 minutes and to get in field goal range...Henne is tentative...trying not to make a mistake....

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:17PM

It's never going to "click." Henne has been QB1 since he's been a freshman at Michegan. So isn't the best player to provide a win on the field or not?

Date: October 24, 2010 03:21PM

If all of your receivers are covered and you have had the time to scan the field to so ascertain, the protection is probably beginning to break down at that point.

Moreover, you have to get by all of those rushers that your blockers are holding in check to run upfield.

Now, I think that when Henne rolls out, he can be criticized for what you say in this post. When he rolls out, he needs to think run as an option and not say "Pass or bust."

But that is a far cry from saying that when he is in a pocket situation, he should think of running as an alternative. That would almost guarantee being tackled behind the line of scrimmage.

Date: October 24, 2010 03:25PM

Clearly Pittsburgh knew that Henne would fold up shop. He does not care enough to make the game winning plays period.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:28PM

If you noticed, we kept Ronnie and Polite in the game for the 2 minute drill as blockers. If they had no one to block, they went out for short passes. That means we were only sending 3 wideouts into the patterns. That won't get it done against a defense like Pittsburgh's. And it won't get it done when none of them are a threat to stretch the field. Also, you have Dan Henning calling a draw on 1st down, and Fasano dropping at least a 9 yard completion on 2nd down. And on 4th down you have Vernon Carey getting beaten badly by a rookie OLB (for about the 4th time in the game).

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:12PM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen carefully because I'm only going to say
> this once: Henne is holding this team back and the
> best QB is not starting. Say hello to a 500
> season, no playoffs but oh so glad Henne got some
> playing time to "develop."

Once???? You've said the same thing a thousand times.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:20PM

Welead Wrote:

You're only going to say something once?!

Thank you for changing your posting strategy, I appreciate it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:57PM

steviec13 Wrote:
> If all receivers are covered, then GOOD QB's will
> at least scrmble for a first down...
How many times did you see Marino scramble for a 1st down?

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:56PM

Everybody is just looking at the end result... ya we lost and probably shouldn't have, does that mean Henne isn't the answer and we are on our way to a 8-8 season?? NO it doesn't!!

We just put up 22 pts on the stingiest defense in the entire NFL, Pittsburgh had only allowed 17 pts max in their first 5 games and we put up 22 on them.

Henne went 23/36 for 257 yards with a Td pass which is very respectable by my standards for a QB starting in his second season and learning.
And by the way Pittsburgh has only allowed 6 Td's in their first 5 games, so getting at least 1 Td against this defense is a huge plus.

The Dolphins moved the ball on the best defense in the NFL and came damn near close to winning if it were not for a blown call at the end of the game in which the Dolphins should have had the ball at their own 20.

Yes the blown call was awful but the Dolphins should have converted at least 1 TD instead of settling for 3 FG's while in the redzone so you can argue they blew it themselves.

But to say the season is over and we are on our way to 8-8 after competing with arguably the best team in football right now is so ludicrous it makes me sick.

This season is far from over when there is 3 divisional games left.

We are 3-3 to start the season and if you told us Dolphin fans at the beginning of the year with games against Buffalo where we hadn't won a road game against them in like 5 years than Minny,N.Y.J,New E, G.B,Pitts that we would be 3-3 you would take it especially since 4/6 teams are playoff teams from last year.

Dolphins played very hard this week, season is far from over far from over.....

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:59PM

Oh, here we go with the "I know what's going to happen the rest of the year!" types. If you're so smart, why ain't you rich?

Rick

Date: October 24, 2010 08:00PM

What?

Rick

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 12:38AM

Rich? I am. Lol. Stupid statement or question. Anyway 8-8 by January 2nd 2011

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:47AM

No one knows what is going to happen by the end of the season, but he is allowed to post his thoughts without being killed.

If this team doesn't get it turned around and start letting players get active, we will be a 8-8 team. I don't see the fire and yes, we will be lucky to have a winning record this year. Unless the rest of the games are away!

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:25AM

Welead Wrote:

So you think Henne is the problem...hmmm interesting, new, original thought!

Date: October 25, 2010 02:31AM

Henne is fine. It's coaching

Date: October 25, 2010 03:38AM

If you think were going to win at the Jets and the Patriots with what we have been showing you're certifiable. This team cannot for the last 15 or so years win the tough game when it matters most like yesterday. On the national stage with a 1pm matchup with the Steelers and we fold like a cheap suit. Look I am a fan of this team however they really could give a damn if they win or lose. If they they did then they would win more and lose less. Now did we play respectably yes , but what did that get us heart break at the end. I have become so accustomed to this team screwing up at crucial times when the don't I am pleasantly surprised.

Date: October 25, 2010 05:07AM

Dolphins have become a joke. People actually feel sorry for them

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:28AM

Finshady, say hello to my ignore list

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:58AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> Dolphins have become a joke. People actually feel
> sorry for them

"them"?

Can you please get the referees to feel sorry for us once in a while?

Date: October 25, 2010 07:04AM

Chambers you can ignore me if you want, but what I write has merit and is well thoght out on my part. We cannot recover from 3 straight losses at home and expect to make the playoffs. Our season is over we are merely playing out the string my friends.

Date: October 25, 2010 10:23AM

JC Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dolphins have become a joke. People actually
> feel
> > sorry for them
>
>
> "them"?
>
Them= the Dolphins organization
> Can you please get the referees to feel sorry for
> us once in a while?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:31AM

dolfan1: When I refer to the Dolphins, I usually say MY team and US. I don't usually refer to the Dolphins as THEM. I sense fair-weather fan here.

Date: October 25, 2010 10:38AM

montequi Wrote:
> dolfan1: When I refer to the Dolphins, I usually
> say MY team and US. I don't usually refer to the
> Dolphins as THEM. I sense fair-weather fan here.

Not a fair weather fan, been a fan since 1968, which is longer than most can say on this board. I say them, because you and I are both not on the team, nor do we have any financial ties to the team...so "them" is appropriate. We are just fan's..which is short for (fanatics). I have learned over the years to not get excited for this team, as I have not seen this organization show "greatness" in many decades. Lets face it, we have been a mediocre team since the 80's and thats quite awhile. The organization when owned by the Robbie family was about a family that really was passionate about the game, hell Joe Robbie built the stadium with his own money, today its all about the $$$$ a franchise generates and how much hollywood buzz can be attached to it. Sort of lost it a bit for me over the last few years especially.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:44AM

Honestly I kinda hope that we end up like 7-9 because we will have a awsome draft spot, and a NEW OC AND HC!!!!!! YIPPPIe!!!! one's that know how to use Brandon Marshall.... And HEnne's big arm!!!!! and calll two point conversions to tie a game not kick the SAFE KICK WITH ONE MEANINGLESS POINT, WHICH COST US NOT TO TIE THE GAME AND SEND IT INTO OVERTIME. WOW now thats a irrational thought.

Date: October 25, 2010 10:44AM

So-who's the best QB? The noodle-armed smart guy or the skinny kid?

Rick

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:45AM

Id say it doesnt matter who is our QB because we don't have the coaching to get this team to dominate.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.