HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Moss a titan.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Moss a titan.
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 03:48PM

again like i said it may have been worth a try, but come on he wouldn't have had that huge of an impact so unfortunately i dont see why everyone is so pissed about not getting him. He's old lost a step, and do you think the Patriots would have gotten rid of him if he still had much gas left in the tank, he would likely only be here until the end of the season and for the future it would harm the development of Hartline.

So yes it would have been a decent pick up and may have helped, but no im not pissed about it because his salary wouldn't warrant what little we would use him.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 03, 2010 04:36PM

Dumb move by Miami yet again. I'm with Marshall, we could have used him especially when we get another QB that can throw down the damn field.

Date: November 03, 2010 04:51PM

COME ON CAN YOU BE MORE REDUNDANT?! The one thing that NO ONE has ever said Chad Henne cant do, that is besides yourself, is throw the ball down field, that was his biggest edge over Pennington was his bomb arm.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:28PM

In this topic, the negative posters all pat each other on the backs for being a bunch of jabroni's.

You really think Moss was an answer here? Let's break down the FACTS.

1. The New England Patriots traded the guy. If Belichick couldn't get Moss to play, do you really think anybody else can?

2. Case in point: Minnesota f'ing CUTS the guy a month after trading a 3rd rounder for him because he was that much of a f'ing d-bag. (Sorry for all the harsh letters.)

3. 21 teams passed on Moss. Twenty-one. TWENTY-ONE. That's a 2 followed by a 1. The number that follows 20 and is before 22. That means other than the Dolphins, there were 20 teams that looked at Moss and said, "This guy might be a talent but he's too much of a pain in the ass." Don't act like our front office is a bunch of idiots, especially when over half the league thinks Moss is a tool.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:51PM

well said futt.

giabroni's . . . hahahahahaha

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:57PM

Okay......I was there screaming that we should have drafted Moss. Was stunned when we (I think we traded away our spot).

The one thing I don't know, (and I have been consumed with the California elections the past few days) is that it seems suspicious that out of the Blue New England deals him and then even more extremely suspicious he is waived.

Does anybody know any detail on either. BTW, I have not looked at the posts on this board either.

However, as I posted on this board last week before this even came up that in order to make Marshall effective, we needed a speed threat on the other side.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: November 03, 2010 06:22PM

Dumb move.

Like I said, we've got the most average team in the NFL. It starts at the top.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 03, 2010 09:36PM

Futt seriously I get your point, but here is a valid point to think about.

1, NE traded a guy who wasnt going to be on the team next year for a 3rd round pick, which is somthing that this staff wouldnt do, we would cut him instead waive him like Minn.

NE stock piled picks, because alot of there team was old or lacks talent, so Belicheck did a fantastic move.

2. Minn is in shambles, and a dissgruntled Moss is the last thing a coach on the hot seat needs.

3. The twenty teams you mentioned, either A have the deep threat wr, B know that Moss wouldnt play on that team, or C, don't have any balls.

Moss hasnt lost much of a step, its mostly mental with him, because being one of the best wr's in the league, he wants to get paid.

Pay the man and alot of the troubles go away. He also made it known numerous times he wants a SB ring, so pay him, and put him on a contending team, he is good for another 3 years, which then he will retire.

Mia passed on the deep threat wr that this team needs to develop average wr's like Wallace, and Hartline, because our beloved team believes in a bunch of saints will win it all.

All I'm saying is that our team will continue to struggle making big plays, and scoring TD'S, because lack of speed, so when this team continues and we lose some games cause of it, don't even come on here and start to complain. Thats it don't call for Jeff Irelands job either, we are stuck with him at this point, and I want him gone.

Clearly with the way he handled Dez Bryant and the wierd decisions besides Dansby and Marshall he just well? How much was Parcells involved with that?

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 02:41AM

Has anyone thought that maybe Moss told us to shove it when we called. Some people had posted that hey hoped that he would tell the teams below us on the waiver wire to take a hike and that he wouldn't show up. So who is to say he didn't tell us and every team below us that even if they took him, he would not show up.

There is a possibility that he didn't want to come here cause we just landed a big time receiver in Marshall so he knew we were not going to sing him long term. So for him, coming here would have been a short ride.

Plus someone stated that we are one of the younger teams in the league and who knows how much damage he could have done to a young team with a young staff (in terms of years at coaching).

There is nothing more to say about it now, so we look for the positives and hope Vonte shuts him down again. If not and he smokes us in two weeks, we will form a lynching party in South Florida and burn the stadium down. There, everyone happy now?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 04, 2010 04:00AM

psalm462 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone thought that maybe Moss told us to
> shove it when we called.

Well, of someone from the Phin front office comes out and reports this, then I WILL feel better. I know our organization doesn't like to bad-mouth people, and they rarely get defensive, but in THIS circumstance I WOULD like to know the reason. Maybe Sparano or Ireland could just say: "We spoke to him, and we all agreed Miami wasn't a good fit for him". That's enough for most fans to figure it out.

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: November 04, 2010 04:45AM

It's cool guys. We claimed Nate Ness off of waivers...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 04, 2010 05:20AM

Fleetlord Wrote:
> It's cool guys. We claimed Nate Ness off of
> waivers...

You mean future HoFer Nate Ness? What was Seattle thinking letting that guy go? smoking smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 04, 2010 05:56AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> well said futt.
>
> giabroni's . . . hahahahahaha

Minchia, that was funny

Date: November 04, 2010 06:09AM

Look I'm sorry but trying to justify this team passing on Moss is well It won't help you sleep better at night when we keep kicking 3 to 5 fg's a game.

HOWEVER we got Nate Ness yeahhhhh he can do everything!!!!thumbs down

Date: November 04, 2010 06:10AM

Oh yeah if we would have picked him up I read that next year we would have recieved a compensated pick as well, again way to go FO!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHH YEAH YEAHHHHHHHH.

Date: November 04, 2010 08:47AM

oh by the way, 21 teams didn't pass on Moss, 31 did the Tennessee Titans were the ONLY team in the NFL to put in a waiver claim for him. So either that makes every team in the NFL just as dumb as we are, or he isn't very highly prized and Jeff Fisher figured he may as well give it a shot becuase he has as good of chance as anyone to kick him in gear.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 04, 2010 09:04AM

Exactly. 31 teams passed on this cancer. Everybody must be dumb. eye rolling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 10:29AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 04, 2010 04:59PM

Yeah, you reminded me. I thought it was absolutely asinine to do that! I kept yelling that I was going to go crazy if Moss had fallen to us. I'm still doing this from memory but didn't we have pick number 19 and Randy went at 22. Now that I know he is a perfect ass it doesn't so much matter to me about the waiver.

And, PhinFans2 I know what you posted in the other thread about it being no secret that Moss was a prima donna but here is a millionaire slamming a little guy and offending his teammates.

It's one thing to be a ball hog and always complaining about not getting enough throws but your teammates have to "like" you in order for the team to be successful.

Well, let me change that, "They have to NOT HATE YOU" to make for successful team chemistry.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 05, 2010 05:49PM

Date: November 07, 2010 02:41AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Now watch Moss burn us in 2 weeks.......
>
> If he couldn't do it with Brady he ain't gonna do
> it with whoever is QB in Tenn.

NE no running game, Tenn one of best running game, thats the big differance Moss just opened the flood gate for Johnson and Young.

Moss will burn us at least once in that game, because you can't afford to play two deep safties.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.