Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ricky with message for Fans (via Twitter)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ricky with message for Fans (via Twitter)
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 09, 2010 09:53AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ricky with message for Fans (via Twitter)
Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 09, 2010 10:01AM

I don't personally use Twitter, so I don't know for sure, but aren't the posts limited to something like 144 characters? That was a lot more than 144 (or whatever the limit is)

Date: August 09, 2010 10:04AM

yeah I cut and pasted it and put it together so it read as a paragraph. Because he typed it as a paragraph and it came out as like 9 tweets. So I just strung the 9 tweets togther

Date: August 09, 2010 10:40AM

ah, okay.

Damn, he's going to get sore text-thumbs if he did all that from his phone. Ricky, don't drop the ball from tweeting too much that it messes up your thumbs!

Actually back when his run-ricky-run.com site was active, I remember him mentioning that he updated the website from a laptop at camp. So, he may be tweeting from the laptop as well.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 09, 2010 10:48AM

Love the message!

Fans have the right to say whatever they want, but he focuses the message on winning, which should be every fan's and player's ultimate goal. There's no 'feel sorry for us' message in the tweet.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 09, 2010 10:50AM

anybody that boos in practice is a moron to begin with...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 09, 2010 11:05AM

His message is good. But Im not sure he is the player that should be giving this message over twitter with his track record and history. That message would carry more weight if Ronnie, Channing, Vernon, or Bell would have said it.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:35AM

Lol I think somone is affended by his message, because they arnt positive like Ricky wants them to be. tongue sticking out smiley

I love the message, and again the man did a 180, and as a leader now what do you expect him to say?

He is doing what good leaders do, tell people how it is, and showing respect, all while sending a positive, yet forcefull message.

I say if your a person who doesnt agree with his message, then kick rocks!!!

Run Ricky run....

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:35PM

I have no problem with what he said what so ever. Any moron that goes to a practice of his team and f'in boo's probably rode the short bus to get there. Morons.

Date: August 09, 2010 12:54PM

LOL nice!!grinning smiley

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:36PM

Run Ricky Run!hot smiley

Date: August 09, 2010 05:07PM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no problem with what he said what so ever.
> Any moron that goes to a practice of his team and
> f'in boo's probably rode the short bus to get
> there. Morons.

I don't understand why someone would go to a "practice" and boo. That's why its practice, to work out the kinks.

Date: August 09, 2010 05:44PM

I'll take that even further: I don't understand why someone would go to a GAME and boo their own team, either.

It's their right; they paid the cash to get in. But I don't get it. If the team does something wrong, booing doesn't motivate them to do better. It craps all over them. Especially on our own home field, which is constantly invaded by snowbird fans from other team--every voice on our side counts. The Phins don't need their own fans to boo them on their own field.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 05:45PM by JC.

Date: August 09, 2010 05:57PM

AMEN JC!!!

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 10, 2010 06:43AM

Ricky's AWESOME!!!

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: August 11, 2010 12:10AM

Amen to that! I have never boo'd my team. I will admit, I have lost hope, lost faith and given up many times in games, but I just get quiet and sulk. Or I'll curse (trying to work on that temper) and ask the t.v. why... but I never boo..

Another reason to hate Philly fans. Lets not be like them.

Date: August 11, 2010 04:11AM

One of my more shocking memories as a child was in the mid-to-late 70s at the Orange Bowl. My dad had season tickets, so we sat around the same people every game, year after year. During the not-so-successful years, some of the very same fans in our section who cheered with such joy during the 71-73 seasons, booed the Dolphins.

I could not grasp that concept as a child, and still don't understand it to this day. Bob Griese was a hero to me (and I thought, to the fans around me). Yet the same people who cheered Griese and the other stars, booed them in later years. I was devastated. I would never dream of booing my team. It's akin to stabbing your best friend right in the back.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 11, 2010 11:40AM

I have not heard any one boo at practice yet, may be isolated not a wide spread issue.... now questions, yep hear those and that's normal... Ricky we go to practices due to the fact we are interested in whats going on with the team, so excuse us if we ask you a question....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.