HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is it me
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is it me
Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: November 08, 2009 05:22PM

or is CBS in love with Tom Brady? Maybe it was the game producer or something but it seemed like between every other play, especially in the 4th qtr they would show Brady on the sidelines between the Fins offensive plays. I was getting tired of seeing his ugly mug just sitting there on the bench or paceing back and forth. I wish he would have picked his nose or done something totally disgusting.

I'm so tired of the Pats and Brady.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it me
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 05:27PM

They are in Love with him, and if you ever get a chance to listen to Simms do A NE. Game you will throw up..

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 08, 2009 05:49PM

the guy is a hall of fame player and maybe one of the best 5 QB's to ever play the game. If being in love with someone means being honest......then I'm sure CBS is happy being guilty as charged

Lebron, Tiger, Brady, Jeter.....these guys are mega-stars in their sports. They are the main reason people watch. So, CBS is gonna put the camera on the guy the VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TUNED INTO WATCH!!!

None of you were complaining when they were doing it with Marino for 17 years!!!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 09, 2009 04:32AM

Tom Brady is good for only 1 reason....incredible front line that gives him time to connect with moss. If he didn't have that and was pressured he would be like any other qb in the league

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 09, 2009 04:55AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lebron, Tiger, Brady, Jeter.....these guys are
> mega-stars in their sports.

Yes, they are all megastars, but Brady and Jeter should not be mentioned in that group. In fact, no single NFL (or MLB player), except maybe a kickoff/punt returner, has the ability to take over a game and win it single-handedly. Lebron can do that. Tiger has no teammates, so he does that all the time.

BTW: Lebron hasn't won a championship yet, so maybe it's premature to mention him as well.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:08AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:10AM

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:20AM

MikeO Wrote:
> the guy is a hall of fame player and maybe one of
> the best 5 QB's to ever play the game.

He's definitely a Hall of Famer. If Troy Aikman and Steve Young can be Hall of Famers, then Tom Brady can be one too. It helps to play on a great team. I just don't think he's top 5.

If you look at the list of HoF QBs, you'll find a lot of guys that won games in the clutch on BAD teams. Brady hasn't really done that. Not all of them won championships, but the teams they played on had major holes at some positions that they had to make up for.

Dan Fouts
Joe Montana
Fran Tarkenton
Dan Marino
John Elway
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly

Brady's not, really, a clutch QB. If I had a team with a bad defense and no running game down by 2 TDs in the 4th quarter, I would prefer one of the guys above over Brady.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 09, 2009 07:49AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> "Tom Brady is good for only 1 reason....incredible
> front line that gives him time to connect with
> moss. If he didn't have that and was pressured he
> would be like any other qb in the league"
>

Thank you..............You said it...........Its the truth.

Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: November 09, 2009 08:25AM

Throw Tom Brady on the Detroit Lions and let's see how much he lights it up, lmfao, he'd be a whining, crying, LOSING baby... I wish it would happen, but as long as Bellysweat is in NE, he won't leave.

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:59AM

I'm not going to argue whether he's great of not, my problem comes from the fact that I do not need to see him sitting on the bench when the Fins are on offense in a close game, I think that shows total disrespect for the Fins and any other team that the Pats play. Did they do this when the Jets and Sanchez are on the field against the Pats?

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: November 09, 2009 11:21AM

It humors me that someone mentioned blown credibility and then provided a wikipedia link. L-O-L!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 10, 2009 09:17AM

Mike O ... you post as if you are a closet NE fan.

> None of you were complaining when they were doing it with Marino for 17 years!!!

Notice that it says none of you , not none of us. C'mon fess up or deny.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 10, 2009 09:19AM

Mike O wrote:

> New Orleans and Indy haven't looked so hot. NE could beat both easily

Further fuel to the closet NE fan argument.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 10, 2009 11:14AM

no just being honest.

I don't live in ga-ga land and ignore reality

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:32PM

I thought you were he mayor of La La Land

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:51PM

Venom65437 Wrote:
> It humors me that someone mentioned blown
> credibility and then provided a wikipedia link.
> L-O-L!

smileys with beer That's good!

Seriously though. I believed for a long time that Brady was just a great QB...until last year. Then Belicheat took a guy who hasn't started since high school, nearly won our division and probably would've done some damage if they had. They were playing as good as anyone at the time. I wouldn't have wanted to play them if they'd made the playoffs.

Now I believe that any NFL QB (Jamarcus Russell excluded) could go to NE and do the same thing Brady does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.