Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Raise your hand if your smarter than Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Raise your hand if your smarter than Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano!!
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 06, 2009 07:52AM

Just curious. Didn't Ginn catch 11 passes against the Colts? Then the big drop so we through him under the bus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:08AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just curious. Didn't Ginn catch 11 passes against
> the Colts? Then the big drop so we through him
> under the bus.

HMMMMM I agree good point......

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 10:06AM

Actually Leon as I said after that game those were routine catches nothing to write home about. Those catches are expected of any WR no matter how bad.

Well enough about Ginn I am done with that I will hold my I told you so for the appropiate time.

Moving right along.................

Date: October 06, 2009 10:21AM

Actually 11 catches is good stuff whether routine or not. Means he is getting open and catching the ball.
Now we all know he should have caught that TD pass, but he still had a good game. 11 catches is 11 catches.

What's next? Who the hell knows. Just would like to see him come down with the game catch. Just freaking once!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:23AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Just curious. Didn't Ginn catch 11 passes against
> the Colts? Then the big drop so we through him
> under the bus.

yeah he did Leon, but you left out something:

The following week was the Chargers game where the ball was thrown his way 6 times and he had Zero catches. Zero. More than one of these was a textbook drop. THEN he got thrown under the bus. By me at least.

I still root for anyone wearing a Phins uniform though. I rooted for Fiedler, I rooted for Sammie Smith (even though I knew he'd suck from the beginning). Hell, I even rooted for Eric Kumerow (I still don't get that one, Coach Shula, but I was with you!).

So prove me wrong Ted, please!. Connect on a bomb or two against the Jets.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 01:27PM

Yes. No ifs, ands, or buts-Yes, he is. Problem is, he's an excellent #2 receiver. We need an excellent #1 receiver. Maybe he can be that guy, but he isn't now.

Rick

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 06, 2009 02:26PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Yes. No ifs, ands, or buts-Yes, he is. Problem is,
> he's an excellent #2 receiver. We need an
> excellent #1 receiver. Maybe he can be that guy,
> but he isn't now.

Where do you get he's an excellent #2? What has he done to show you that?

Date: October 06, 2009 02:49PM

Yes do tell

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:10AM

> Just curious. Didn't Ginn catch 11 passes against the Colts? Then the big drop so we through him under the bus.

Not quite the two games prior were 1 & 2 catch games as well.

He's due. Hopefully we see some WR game plan this week. I don't really care who it goes to ... I do care that we get some pass productivity out of someone.

Posted by: KrK ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:29AM

I admire the passion, but Aqua&Orange you should KNOW that's not how it it works.

Until Ginn steps up and starts playing at the level expected, people will not shut up (and rightly so.)

If Ginn never improves over what we have now, THEN HE IS A BUST, PERIOD.

All it takes for Fans to quit complaining and shut up is for Ginn to step it up. That's it.

In the meantime, if the screwups, dropsies, etc continue--- you'd better be ready to ready PLENTY of posts bitching about Ted Ginn.

That's the way it is.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 07, 2009 09:23AM

Phinjim Wrote:
>
> He's due.

We can only hope!

Date: October 08, 2009 04:01AM

Several articles out today saying Ryan will be trying to focus on stopping the run and taking a chance on Henne being able to beat them with the pass.

This is not surprise. Same with every other team.

I do think the jets have a better defensive team than we've faced, and that approach will be tough to beat without a passing game.

******** Sooooooooooooooooo **********

So that means if we have something in this new arm, or in the wildcat options, or in the WR corp, then it better come out this week.

Bottom line A & O if your man has it this is the week to bring it.

- Hope to see all the WRs have a break out week, and to see henne light it up!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:49PM

Phinjim, he is not my man. I have publicly stated that he is not a #1 WR. My whole point was that people only bash him and not our entire piece of crap WR corps.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 08, 2009 03:26PM

Curt and Dolphinmark might recall that on the old MiamiDolphins.com chatboard, when it was in existence, I supported Damon Huard so much that people started calling me "Huard's mom."

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 08, 2009 03:37PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Phinjim, he is not my man. I have publicly stated
> that he is not a #1 WR. My whole point was that
> people only bash him and not our entire piece of
> crap WR corps.

As the highest paid and highest draft pick by far, he deserves it the most. What about that don't you understand? Plus, the other WRs issues are lack of physical ability, not being a pu$$y. I have more respect for those who try.

Date: October 08, 2009 06:06PM

I understand fully Berkeley.....You are a Ted Ginn hater, and a Brady Quinn lover.....you were the ding dong who cried about not drafting Quinn.

Dont even act like you didnt either.

Say what you want, seems like Ted Ginn has been a better pick than Quinn.....haha, and thats saying alot.

Pretty sad Berkeley, you try and act cool but wind up looking like a douchebag in the end.....like always.

---------------------

Date: October 08, 2009 06:40PM

nice comeback, AO
I see you didn't respond to anything I said but attacked me personally, thanks.
pathetic.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 09, 2009 03:33AM

I am definitely smarter then Parcells and Sparano! I am a certified genius... I just don't know very much about football!

Just kidding (about the first part; I can't claim to be an expert about football just a fan)

Hi all - grew up in NMB, lived in NYC (I hate the jets deeply) and now I am abroad for the year and this is my first post here.

On topic, a&o, I understand where you are coming from but do you think that most people here don't cheer Ted on gameday? When he had 11 catches I am sure everyone was happy. When he failed to catch a single ball against the chargers I am sure it was not water off a ducks back to you. I am not saying boo the guy and his family but in a fan forum (or phorum, I like that being a phins fan allows us to spell things with a "ph"winking smiley it is completely legit for people to complain about him and his relative lack of productivity. It has nothing to do with thinking Parcells and co don't know what they are doing. Most posters I am certain know that they aren't coaching and managing material for the NFL. But just because the trifecta may be right much more often then we are when it comes to running a team, doesn't mean they are always right and we are always wrong when we disagree. Moreover, the ability to criticize doesn't mean one thinks they are better suited to be making the decisions. Art critics don't need to be artists.

Besides, people invest enough in their team. I say let them vent. The only bad fan shows up and boos the players on the field and cheers at injuries.

For the record, I was very very nervous at the thought of getting Quinn as I felt he was overrated and relieved that we got someone else and we didn't have to pay Quinn. too bad Beck didn't work out.

Have a great weekend

Date: October 09, 2009 05:19AM

Well said, Aria. It's about time for the entire receiving corp to put out.

- That means the OL too

- That especially means Anthony Fasano.

Date: October 09, 2009 07:24AM

Berkeley you are just too funny. You have been busted, called out and now try and turn it around on me.

Will you just finally admit the truth!? You were and probably still are a Brady Quinn lover.

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2009 09:50AM

Welcome Aria it's always nice to see new posters on here.

Date: October 09, 2009 11:21AM

Aria,

No there really are people who hate Ted Ginn here. He could have 11 catches every single game and Berkeley and others will still find something to complain about maybe like he drank too much water after a play on the sidelines or something crazy like that. Seriously...

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2009 11:32AM

Sorry, what the hell is it with you and Ted Ginn? On the one hand you say he sucks, and on the other you go insane with post after post in the same thread criticizing people for saying he sucks. And let this Brady Quinn thing go. He sucks too and I challenge you to find anywhere where I said I wanted to draft him or think he's any good. I'd rather have had Willis in that draft.

Once we drafted Ginn, I supported him, including on this board, but his play so far this season is indefensible--except that you're defending him, except when you're not.

You're not "calling me out" on anything; you're just making yourself look infantile, for a change.

This feels like arguing with a 12 year old, so I'll stop now.

Date: October 09, 2009 11:33AM

ranger1 Wrote:
> Welcome Aria it's always nice to see new posters
> on here.

RESPONSE: I second that.

And I agree with your post. Often, we forget that we are just fans who see things from the eyes of a non-professional.

But that does not always mean we are wrong and the professionals are right.

For example, my beloved Boilermakers vs. The Fighting Irish two weeks ago.

We were leading by 4 points with about two and a half minutes to go and ND was on their own 30.

Well, everyone would agree at that point, the strategy is let them fight the clock.

However, with about 1 minute and 30 seconds to go, they hit a pass play that took them down to about our 5 or 8 yard line.

In front of my TV set, I start yelling for Purdue to start calling timeouts.

My reasoning was this. It is now OUR clock. Notre Dame cannot tie with a field goal. Either they make a touchdown or they lose.

If they make a touchdown, then we are 3 points, a field goal behind that would take us into overtime.

Therefore, the sensible thing is to call a timeout on each of their running plays because a 1 minute and a half is a helluva long time to hope they run out of time from the 5 yard line. All in order to preserve time for us to move into field goal range if we have to.

Well, Hope, the Purdue coach in his first year, DOES NOT CALL TIMEOUT.

So, I say, "It's risky but maybe they will run out of time."

Incredibly, Notre Dame runs the clock down to about 30 seconds and running with 3rd and goal coming up and them still on the five yard line.

THE NOTRE DAME QUARTERBACK SIGNALS HIS TEAM THAT HE IS ABOUT TO SPIKE THE BALL ON THIRD DOWN IN ORDER TO COLLECT THE TEAM FOR A FINAL DO OR DIE FOURTH AND GOAL PLAY.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................when, (take note Aqua & Orange) HOPE CALLS A FU_KING TIME OUT!

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!

Now the Irish have two plays. They miss a pass on the first play (WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FOURTH DOWN PLAY--GAME OVER) but hit the pass on the next play.

Now the Irish are up by 3 points with EIGHT SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME.

My fellow PhinPhans....I was a freshman at Purdue in 1966-67; I transferred to CalBerkeley in 67-68 and graduated in 1970.

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT CALBERKELEY'S ABILITY TO SCORE AS THEY DID ON STANFORD IN 1983 WAS ABLE TO "transfer" to my beloved Boilermakers.

They could not pull off the 4 second miracle the Golden Bears pulled off with "The Play."

So, coaches sometimes make idiotic decisions that even a high school band tuba player would not make.

Just because someone is being paid as a coach does not mean they cannot make bad decisions.

Date: October 09, 2009 11:40AM

BOILER MAKERS? DID YOU SAY BOILERMAKERS?

I COULD NEVER UNDERSAND THAT NAME. I THOUGHT IT WAS A DRINK WHERE YOU PUT WHISKEY INTO A BEER AND SUCK IT DOWN. COULD NEVER FIGURE THAT ONE OUT.
WELL BEING FROM BROWARD COUNT FL. WHAT DID I KNOW ABOUT BOILERS.

NOW THAT I AM IN THE BOILER BUISNESS, PURDUE IS A GREAT MECHANICAL ENGINEER SCHOOL NAMED FOR WHAT THEY DO. DESIGN BOILERS.

JUST SOME USLESS INFO UNLESS YOU GET IT.

GO PHINS, BEAT THE FREAKING JESTS.smileys with beer

Date: October 09, 2009 11:59AM

Chryen,

What do I take a note of?

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2009 02:35PM

Wow Leon, you screamed that entire spill! That was great....wish I could have seen you say that in person! LOL!!! smileys with beer

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2009 03:12PM

Just making a point about how coaches can be paid a lot of money and have a prestigous position and still be wrong.

Leon,

Back in the 1800's, when football was just getting started in the nation and in Indiana. Purdue had just been started as a land grant college, mainly in agriculture. The big power of that day, in Indiana at least, was Wabash College. West Lafayette is near the Wabash River (the famous song "Wabash Cannonball"winking smiley.)

Wabash College students were liberal arts students and VERY URBANE. They used to beat Purdue on a regular basis.

However, one year, at Wabash College, we beat them in Football. Which was a shock to their nervous system. As our team and students left the field (there weren't stadiums in those days) they yelled, "You're just a bunch of hick, hayseeds, Boilermakers!"

(Boilermaker is a term referring to the guy on the train that shovels coal into the engine furnace.)

The name stuck.... and since then, it has been our official mascot.

Boilermaker Pete can be seen with the big head and the hammer in his hand. I still can't figure out what the hammer has to do with a train engine.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 09, 2009 06:09PM

Chyren,

I was trying to make the same point earlier. Instead I came across as an arrogant bastard. That is okay because, the truth be known, I am one.

Now that I know some of your history and Purdue's, I can't help but wonder how you became a dolphan. Does it have something to do with Griese?

Date: October 09, 2009 06:17PM

EXACTLY!

Bob was the campus hero.

In fact, since I lived in Los Angeles, Purdue's one and only trip to the Rose Bowl was in January of 1967 when we beat USC about 15 to 13 or something. Griese was the quarterback and Leroy Keyes was the running back.

Even though I transferred to Berkeley in the fall of 1967, I'm pretty sure it was that fall that I went to a game between the Dolphins and the Raiders at Oakland Coliseum.

Shula was not yet the quarterback and Griese was in his rookie year.

He may have gotten in briefly at the close of the game.

I became a Dolfan when Griese was drafted.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.