HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Maybe Philbin was right about one thing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Maybe Philbin was right about one thing
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 02, 2015 03:53AM

Is Tannehill being too complacent now with his big contract? Fat and lazy instead of lean and motivated? Tannehill started last year underwhelming until Philbin woudn't commit to him being the starter for the long haul and suddenly in the Oakland game he started his run that led to a good season (at least statistically speaking). Should Campbell pull a Philbin and not endorse him as the season long starter if his numbers and more importantly, his turnovers, not improve?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maybe Philbin was right about one thing
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 02, 2015 05:02AM

Tannehill is what he is, a very limited, inconsistent performer, who is a back-up getting paid starter money. He may get a team to 8-8, 9-7, and if everything else goes perfect, maybe a first round playoff loss, and that's about it.

Date: November 02, 2015 06:13AM

The only thing about what you say that I don't entirely agree with is that he can't get a team to 11 wins or better IF he had a championship caliber defense and a top 5 offensive line. Dilfer, Rypien, Brad Johnson won championships and are no better than journeyman QBs. The problem is that Tannehill can't carry a team on his back like Marino could. Until the personnel on this team gets exponentially better, you're right. Tannehill will be exactly what he's been and I very much doubt that the personnel decisions are going to improve with Tannenbaum calling the shots.

Date: November 02, 2015 08:05AM

Tanehill did not play well against the NFL best team.All that means is we are far from elite as a team. Throwing this all on Ryan is completely wrong. I admit , he looks a little shell shocked after a bad decision or play. He doesn't exclude leadership. But he wasn't a QB in college. Once in the NFL he wasn't allowed to lead under Philbin. I really wish this team would sign Tbow. He is the definition of leader. He would be an amazing influence on Ryan.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 02, 2015 08:10AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tanehill did not play well against the NFL best
> team.

Tannehill did not play well against the leagues 19th ranked passing defense (at the time thanks to our sorry performance they moved up to 15)

Date: November 02, 2015 09:15AM

They are the leagues best NFL team again and again for a reason. Belicheat can analyze what your team is doing ofensivly and defensively and crush Peyton Manning let alone Ryan.

Ryan was the AFC player of the week last week. Give the guy a break.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 02, 2015 09:22AM

I'm far from putting this all on Tannehill but, if he was the kind of QB that could put a team on his back and win when the rest of the team is playing below average, we'd have seen evidence of it by now. Tannehill at his best can be a top 15 or so QB, if supported by a very strong core of teammates, can have success, maybe a championship. The problem is that the current hierarchy of this team has failed to show any consistent ability to put together a superior roster. I have zero confidence that Tannenbaum is anything more than mediocre. Without much better players around him, Tannehill's career in Miami will be underwhelming, in my opinion.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 02, 2015 10:21AM

Date: November 02, 2015 10:37AM

I never said I wanted to abandon him. I simply said that I think he is a middle of the pack QB that can be successful if the personnel people can surround him with better talent. I wouldn't have said that about Henne because Henne didn't have the skill set that Tannehill has. But, Tannehill is not a top 5 QB. Too inconsistent for that. His penchant for turnovers isn't a characteristic of an elite QB talent. He can be successful, however, but he'll need more help than he's getting. I put the blame on whoever is calling the player personnel shots. Is that Hickey? Is that Tannenbaum? Combination of the two? Bottom line, it ain't getting done. Ross has made a load of money so obviously the man isn't stupid, but I can't fathom where he came to the conclusion that anything in Tannenbaum's past is an indicator that he can build a winner? I just don't get it. You pay a billion for an NFL team and you put someone who was run out on a rail in NY in charge of it. I just don't get it.

Date: November 02, 2015 10:46AM

I used to say that myself......That he is only a "middle of the pack" QB but in the last couple of weeks I have seen him being given a game plan in which I think he can be much more. By "abandon" I mean you are walking away from the belief that he can be more and have decided that he will never be any better.

As far as Ross is concerned, that has me far more concerned about your judgement than anything we have discussed about Tannehill. Have you not yet figured out that when you look at Ross you are effectively looking a 'john' in a whorehouse getting his tool blown? To expect some kind of credible judgement from Ross or even to wonder about it has me doubting your own judgement. Forget it, dude!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:24AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2015 09:15PM

Such a tricky thing the concept of an elite franchise QB. Obviously the Bradys, Mannings, Rodgers' and Brees' have firmly entrenched themselves over the past decade.

Beyond them, it's so difficult to see who really is and who really isn't, given the "team" nature of the game...and I include coaching in that team mix. Every member of the 2012 class (OK, Luck, RGIII, Tannehill and Wilson) is struggling to meet expectations...with every member save RGIII being viewed as THE or at least potentially THE franchise QB.

Rivers and Romo are perennially 95+ QBR guys who never really seem to threaten to take the team all the way. Dalton is like the Mendoza line for QBs and is suddenly 7-0. Kaep and Flacco face off in the SB, Kaep's benched and Flacco's basically hovered around 85 QBR all his career and parlayed an incredible playoff run into a $120 million contract that he hasn't lived up to. Meanwhile Carson Palmer's enjoying 2 of his 3 best career years on his 3rd team and in his 13th season.

My points, I guess, are:
- there just aren't that many bona fide elite franchise QBs
- it's tougher than it might seem to figure out if you have one (Brees let go by SD, Brady 6th round pick and developed over time with a lot of help from cheating, Rodgers rode the bench while GB figured out the Favre fiasco, Luck being crowned one for sure prior to the season)
- corollary to above, it takes time to figure out if you do or don't have one...and a lot appears to do with coaching, system and talent around the QB
- perhaps sadly, given how complex the whole thing is, I think Tannehill has as good a chance to move toward elite as he does to stay where he is or regress
- he's barely had any chance to operate out from under the cloud of Philbin

Date: November 03, 2015 05:08AM

I don't buy into all this 'time to develop' stuff (Another reason this just feels like Henne all over again). True, Brady sat behind an established starter, but once he got his chance it was OBVIOUS....Bledsoe was done. Same with Farve and Rodgers, Woodley and Marino, etc, etc. The ONLY possible exception mentioned was Brees but he was injured AND in a QB controversy situation with another guy who is still playing at a high level to this day. Tannehill has been the starter since day one, has never had competition, hasn't been injured and has 4 years of play under his belt. Still we don't see anything 'special' or even a winning season. He has good games and may streak for a week or two, but then falls flat. We need to win some games BECAUSE of him, not just with him.

Date: November 03, 2015 07:57AM

Date: November 03, 2015 09:00AM

I agree that tannehill is looking like henne more and more every day that passes by.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:10AM

Can't agree with the Henne comparison. Tannehill is much better. But, I would be lying if I didn't admit that 4 years after being drafted at No. 8 overall, I didn't expect more from him. Elite QBs are able to rally the team in the fourth quarter to win close games. Elite QBs don't turn the ball over as much as Tannehill tends to do. Elite QBs elevate the players around them to be better than they otherwise would be. Tannehill is good, but he hasn't really shown anything more than isolated flashes of great. Good can be good enough if you have a strong team otherwise. Dan Marino was able to camouflage no running game and no defense because he was the elite of the elite. Bob Griese never had to be Marino-like because he had the best running game and defense in the league. Tannehill needs to be supported by a strong running game and defense for there to be anything more than average results. My complaints aren't with Tannehill so much, but with Ross and his underlings for not setting up the franchise to be successful. Putting Tannenbaum in charge is not setting up the franchise for success and it certainly isn't setting up Tannehill to be successful. It's nice to be good to your friends, but if my friend had crashed his last 5 cars, I wouldn't be handing him the keys to my brand new Porsche. But's that's me.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:14AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> They are the leagues best NFL team again and again
> for a reason. Belicheat can analyze what your team
> is doing ofensivly and defensively and crush
> Peyton Manning let alone Ryan.
>
> Ryan was the AFC player of the week last week.
> Give the guy a break.

Give the guy a break? 'Ain't gonna happen on this board.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:21AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> Such a tricky thing the concept of an elite
> franchise QB. Obviously the Bradys, Mannings,
> Rodgers' and Brees' have firmly entrenched
> themselves over the past decade.
>
> Beyond them, it's so difficult to see who really
> is and who really isn't, given the "team" nature
> of the game...and I include coaching in that team
> mix. Every member of the 2012 class (OK, Luck,
> RGIII, Tannehill and Wilson) is struggling to meet
> expectations...with every member save RGIII being
> viewed as THE or at least potentially THE
> franchise QB.
>
> Rivers and Romo are perennially 95+ QBR guys who
> never really seem to threaten to take the team all
> the way. Dalton is like the Mendoza line for QBs
> and is suddenly 7-0. Kaep and Flacco face off in
> the SB, Kaep's benched and Flacco's basically
> hovered around 85 QBR all his career and parlayed
> an incredible playoff run into a $120 million
> contract that he hasn't lived up to. Meanwhile
> Carson Palmer's enjoying 2 of his 3 best career
> years on his 3rd team and in his 13th season.
>
> My points, I guess, are:
> - there just aren't that many bona fide elite
> franchise QBs
> - it's tougher than it might seem to figure out
> if you have one (Brees let go by SD, Brady 6th
> round pick and developed over time with a lot of
> help from cheating, Rodgers rode the bench while
> GB figured out the Favre fiasco, Luck being
> crowned one for sure prior to the season)
> - corollary to above, it takes time to figure out
> if you do or don't have one...and a lot appears to
> do with coaching, system and talent around the QB
> - perhaps sadly, given how complex the whole
> thing is, I think Tannehill has as good a chance
> to move toward elite as he does to stay where he
> is or regress
> - he's barely had any chance to operate out from
> under the cloud of Philbin

That's why I am constantly asking who the hell do these posters want to replace RT? Who is out there (that is available) that is better than RT or who can carry THIS team on their shoulders?

If these posters can come up with a name and the guy is available, then let's give up half the team to sign him.

Anyone presently in the NFL? Anyone who will be eligible for the upcoming draft?

Didn't think so.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:22AM

KB Wrote:
> I don't buy into all this 'time to develop' stuff
> (Another reason this just feels like Henne all
> over again). True, Brady sat behind an
> established starter, but once he got his chance it
> was OBVIOUS....Bledsoe was done. Same with Farve
> and Rodgers, Woodley and Marino, etc, etc. The
> ONLY possible exception mentioned was Brees but he
> was injured AND in a QB controversy situation with
> another guy who is still playing at a high level
> to this day. Tannehill has been the starter since
> day one, has never had competition, hasn't been
> injured and has 4 years of play under his belt.
> Still we don't see anything 'special' or even a
> winning season. He has good games and may streak
> for a week or two, but then falls flat. We need
> to win some games BECAUSE of him, not just with
> him.

KB, who do you want in his place?

Date: November 03, 2015 09:23AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I agree that tannehill is looking like henne more
> and more every day that passes by.

Geez, Sam, you are going to injure something jumping on and off the RT bandwagon. :-)

Date: November 03, 2015 09:26AM

'Silly'? How can you NOT see the parallels? 4 year starter, no leadership or emotion, chokes on big games, etc...

Since he's been starting, the glass has NEVER been more than half full. 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 3-4(so far).

-This is not 1984 throwing for 4000 yards is no big deal, a dozen guys did it last year.

-Could it be he broke a franchise 'rookie' record because He's the only 'rookie' QB we've had who has started every game? Griese-10, Woodley-10, Marino-9...come on.

-'Perfect QBR? YAWN... Trent Green, Donavan McNab, (should we have kept him?), Nick Foles, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota...All have posted 'perfect' QB Ratings. How can I be expected to believe a 'perfect' QB Rating against a TERRIBLE team in the leagues WORST division, with a backup QB, who fired their coach this week means the 'glass is half full' but then, also be expected to believe 53, 58, and 64 QBRs against our division opponents DOESN'T mean it's half empty?

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I'm not, take off the rose colored glasses, the guy is NOT 'elite', he's not going to be elite, he's an average QB who is not going to 'take' a team anywhere. Were he on a powerhouse team with everything else pro bowl caliber, he may go along for the ride. But he is not a franchise QB to have a competitive decade or more with.

And despite the admonition of some stuck in the 70's, yes, this IS a quarterbacks league and a passing game. Of the last 12 superbowl mvp's, 10 of them have been QB's and the other 2 were receivers. The 'Ground and pound' philosophy is, at least for the time being, defunct. You almost HAVE to have 'That Guy' behind center to win a superbowl and you ABSOLUTELY have to have him to be a competitive franchise year in and year out.

If that makes me 'Silly', take me to the padded room.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:28AM

LOL, Cap, I've noticed that too.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:34AM

captkoi Wrote:
> tsstamper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Such a tricky thing the concept of an elite
> > franchise QB. Obviously the Bradys, Mannings,
> > Rodgers' and Brees' have firmly entrenched
> > themselves over the past decade.
> >
> > Beyond them, it's so difficult to see who
> really
> > is and who really isn't, given the "team"
> nature
> > of the game...and I include coaching in that
> team
> > mix. Every member of the 2012 class (OK, Luck,
> > RGIII, Tannehill and Wilson) is struggling to
> meet
> > expectations...with every member save RGIII
> being
> > viewed as THE or at least potentially THE
> > franchise QB.
> >
> > Rivers and Romo are perennially 95+ QBR guys
> who
> > never really seem to threaten to take the team
> all
> > the way. Dalton is like the Mendoza line for
> QBs
> > and is suddenly 7-0. Kaep and Flacco face off
> in
> > the SB, Kaep's benched and Flacco's basically
> > hovered around 85 QBR all his career and
> parlayed
> > an incredible playoff run into a $120 million
> > contract that he hasn't lived up to. Meanwhile
> > Carson Palmer's enjoying 2 of his 3 best career
> > years on his 3rd team and in his 13th season.
> >
> > My points, I guess, are:
> > - there just aren't that many bona fide elite
> > franchise QBs
> > - it's tougher than it might seem to figure
> out
> > if you have one (Brees let go by SD, Brady 6th
> > round pick and developed over time with a lot
> of
> > help from cheating, Rodgers rode the bench
> while
> > GB figured out the Favre fiasco, Luck being
> > crowned one for sure prior to the season)
> > - corollary to above, it takes time to figure
> out
> > if you do or don't have one...and a lot appears
> to
> > do with coaching, system and talent around the
> QB
> > - perhaps sadly, given how complex the whole
> > thing is, I think Tannehill has as good a
> chance
> > to move toward elite as he does to stay where
> he
> > is or regress
> > - he's barely had any chance to operate out
> from
> > under the cloud of Philbin
>
> **************************************************
> **
>
> That's why I am constantly asking who the hell do
> these posters want to replace RT? Who is out there
> (that is available) that is better than RT or who
> can carry THIS team on their shoulders?
>
> If these posters can come up with a name and the
> guy is available, then let's give up half the team
> to sign him.
>
> Anyone presently in the NFL? Anyone who will be
> eligible for the upcoming draft?
>
> Didn't think so.

We are stuck with the wet firecracker. The reality is there is nobody out there better or worse....We are stuck.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:41AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> captkoi Wrote:
> -----
> > tsstamper Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Such a tricky thing the concept of an elite
> > > franchise QB. Obviously the Bradys,
> Mannings,
> > > Rodgers' and Brees' have firmly entrenched
> > > themselves over the past decade.
> > >
> > > Beyond them, it's so difficult to see who
> > really
> > > is and who really isn't, given the "team"
> > nature
> > > of the game...and I include coaching in that
> > team
> > > mix. Every member of the 2012 class (OK,
> Luck,
> > > RGIII, Tannehill and Wilson) is struggling to
> > meet
> > > expectations...with every member save RGIII
> > being
> > > viewed as THE or at least potentially THE
> > > franchise QB.
> > >
> > > Rivers and Romo are perennially 95+ QBR guys
> > who
> > > never really seem to threaten to take the
> team
> > all
> > > the way. Dalton is like the Mendoza line for
> > QBs
> > > and is suddenly 7-0. Kaep and Flacco face
> off
> > in
> > > the SB, Kaep's benched and Flacco's basically
> > > hovered around 85 QBR all his career and
> > parlayed
> > > an incredible playoff run into a $120 million
> > > contract that he hasn't lived up to.
> Meanwhile
> > > Carson Palmer's enjoying 2 of his 3 best
> career
> > > years on his 3rd team and in his 13th season.
> > >
> > > My points, I guess, are:
> > > - there just aren't that many bona fide
> elite
> > > franchise QBs
> > > - it's tougher than it might seem to figure
> > out
> > > if you have one (Brees let go by SD, Brady
> 6th
> > > round pick and developed over time with a lot
> > of
> > > help from cheating, Rodgers rode the bench
> > while
> > > GB figured out the Favre fiasco, Luck being
> > > crowned one for sure prior to the season)
> > > - corollary to above, it takes time to
> figure
> > out
> > > if you do or don't have one...and a lot
> appears
> > to
> > > do with coaching, system and talent around
> the
> > QB
> > > - perhaps sadly, given how complex the whole
> > > thing is, I think Tannehill has as good a
> > chance
> > > to move toward elite as he does to stay where
> > he
> > > is or regress
> > > - he's barely had any chance to operate out
> > from
> > > under the cloud of Philbin
> >
> >
>
> > **
> >
> > That's why I am constantly asking who the hell
> do
> > these posters want to replace RT? Who is out
> there
> > (that is available) that is better than RT or
> who
> > can carry THIS team on their shoulders?
> >
> > If these posters can come up with a name and
> the
> > guy is available, then let's give up half the
> team
> > to sign him.
> >
> > Anyone presently in the NFL? Anyone who will be
> > eligible for the upcoming draft?
> >
> > Didn't think so.
>
>
> We are stuck with the wet firecracker. The reality
> is there is nobody out there better or worse....We
> are stuck.

Then, why doesn't this board just knock off the RT hating and realize he is not elite, but is a good QB, who can lead the team IF he has a good surrounding cast?

Let's get on the FO and coaches (and Ross since he is the boss) to get RT a good supporting cast.

The only way that we can get the immediate help is for Miami to either 1) draft high 2) trade up, or 3) trade for talent.

What Miami has been doing for (too many) years is obviously not working.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:43AM

captkoi Wrote:
> KB Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't buy into all this 'time to develop'
> stuff
> > (Another reason this just feels like Henne all
> > over again). True, Brady sat behind an
> > established starter, but once he got his chance
> it
> > was OBVIOUS....Bledsoe was done. Same with
> Farve
> > and Rodgers, Woodley and Marino, etc, etc. The
> > ONLY possible exception mentioned was Brees but
> he
> > was injured AND in a QB controversy situation
> with
> > another guy who is still playing at a high
> level
> > to this day. Tannehill has been the starter
> since
> > day one, has never had competition, hasn't been
> > injured and has 4 years of play under his belt.
>
> > Still we don't see anything 'special' or even a
> > winning season. He has good games and may
> streak
> > for a week or two, but then falls flat. We
> need
> > to win some games BECAUSE of him, not just with
> > him.
>
> *****
>
> KB, who do you want in his place?

Rehtorical question not withstanding, No One...because people ignored the obvious and didn't prepare for the POSSIBILITY that Tannehill wasn't the guy. We are STUCK with what we have this year...NO ONE IS SAYING START MATT MOORE...What I and most others who face the obvious want is for our team to get serious about finding a franchise caliber QB. For a decade and a half now, they haven't been. A few weeks ago I posted that (paraphrasing because I don't have time to look it all up again) the last 12 superbowls have been won by 8 QB's...of those 8, 4 were available for the Phins taking and 1 other was interested to at least some degree. But we were to busy building an OLine that was going to make the scrub-o-the-week an all pro.

When your roof is leaking you don't sit there and say, "Well, what are you gonna do, I may get wetter if I move."

Date: November 03, 2015 09:49AM

KB Wrote:
> captkoi Wrote:
> -----
> > KB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I don't buy into all this 'time to develop'
> > stuff
> > > (Another reason this just feels like Henne
> all
> > > over again). True, Brady sat behind an
> > > established starter, but once he got his
> chance
> > it
> > > was OBVIOUS....Bledsoe was done. Same with
> > Farve
> > > and Rodgers, Woodley and Marino, etc, etc.
> The
> > > ONLY possible exception mentioned was Brees
> but
> > he
> > > was injured AND in a QB controversy situation
> > with
> > > another guy who is still playing at a high
> > level
> > > to this day. Tannehill has been the starter
> > since
> > > day one, has never had competition, hasn't
> been
> > > injured and has 4 years of play under his
> belt.
> >
> > > Still we don't see anything 'special' or even
> a
> > > winning season. He has good games and may
> > streak
> > > for a week or two, but then falls flat. We
> > need
> > > to win some games BECAUSE of him, not just
> with
> > > him.
> >
> >
>
> > *****
> >
> > KB, who do you want in his place?
>
> Rehtorical question not withstanding, No
> One...because people ignored the obvious and
> didn't prepare for the POSSIBILITY that Tannehill
> wasn't the guy. We are STUCK with what we have
> this year...NO ONE IS SAYING START MATT
> MOORE...What I and most others who face the
> obvious want is for our team to get serious about
> finding a franchise caliber QB. For a decade and
> a half now, they haven't been. A few weeks ago I
> posted that (paraphrasing because I don't have
> time to look it all up again) the last 12
> superbowls have been won by 8 QB's...of those 8, 4
> were available for the Phins taking and 1 other
> was interested to at least some degree. But we
> were to busy building an OLine that was going to
> make the scrub-o-the-week an all pro.
>
> When your roof is leaking you don't sit there and
> say, "Well, what are you gonna do, I may get
> wetter if I move."

I wouldn't say we are STUCK with RT, KB. I would say we are stuck with poor FO decision makers who have given this team below average players, especially on the OL. That's where this organization needs to start getting smarter. Bob Griese is in the HOF...RT is a better talent than Bob was, and he would either be on the same level as RT or worse. What Bob had that RT doesn't is superior generalship. Bob was a very smart QB, but Shula also allowed Bob to do that.

Could RT be that general? I can't answer that because the coaching staff doesn't allow RT to do that.

Date: November 03, 2015 10:31AM

captkoi Wrote:
> I wouldn't say we are STUCK with RT, KB. I would
> say we are stuck with poor FO decision makers who
> have given this team below average players,

Yes including a run of the mill QB who is being paid like a franchise guy.

> especially on the OL.

Been down that road to many times, we can argue chicken or egg all day about the Line making the QB or the QB making the line, but as some have said, WHOEVER gets plugged in in New England or Denver seems to get the job done so...

>That's where this organization needs to start getting smarter. Bob
> Griese is in the HOF...RT is a better talent than
> Bob was, and he would either be on the same level
> as RT or worse.

I don't think a comparison like that can be made, when players are separated by 40+ years. If Griese had been able to live the millionaire 'professional athlete' lifestyle like most of todays guys from college on with the coaches, facilities, trainers, nutritionists, doctors, etc, who knows what he COULD have been in terms of physicality and longevity. But even more importantly, the game is COMPLETELY different. What if Griese had been able to play under today's rules?? How do you know he couldn't have had the numbers guys have today? It's a COMPLETELY different game passing wise and if you think Griese didn't have an NFL arm, you didn't watch him much.

> What Bob had that RT doesn't is
> superior generalship. Bob was a very smart QB, but
> Shula also allowed Bob to do that.
> Could RT be that general? I can't answer that
> because the coaching staff doesn't allow RT to do
> that.

I agree with most of that, but can you imagine a guy who has the cajones to be that 'General' sitting there and just whistling Dixie for going on 4 years now with all the misery going on? I can't. He's not a rookie and Dan Campbell isn't exactly Don Shula at this point, If Tannehill feels he's being misused or not allowed to do his job he should say something, IF he has that leadership. Agree?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:46PM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 04, 2015 12:33AM

this is exactly what I said after his perfect rating game. threads get started proclaiming victory "I told you he was the real deal. Take that, HATERS" "I told you he was a franchise qb"

Then when he shits himself against a quality opponent it's excuse city.

$96mm says I should expect to see my QB put the team on his back just once when everything else around him isn't perfect.

We should be drafting a Qb in the 3rd or 4th round every year until we find that guy.

Hennehill is nothing but an emotionless game manager. Leaders are born not made so that isn't changing any time soon.

Good QBs make teams pay for putting 8 in the box. Until ours can expect the same results against good teams. You see, they dare our QB to beat them and he can't.

Date: November 04, 2015 04:59AM

Actually, in reading all of these comments, there isn't necessarily a lot of disagreement. Most (not all) think that Tannehill is a good QB but not great. One point of disagreement that I have is the notion that Tannehill is Henne 2.0. I think a lot of people forget how badly Henne played. Tannehill is much better than Henne but that isn't necessarily saying much. In my humble opinion, if we had a front office that was finding talent each year (obviously it isn't an exact science but our drafts have been pretty unimpressive), Tannehill's limitations would be less noticeable. Looking at the holes this team has at linebacker, corner, safety, guard plus the lack of depth (Jason Fox hasn't even played like a serviceable backup tackle) it's really no wonder that we're 3-4. I agree with one poster who said that we should be drafting a QB every year in the later rounds. You do it enough and who knows when you might strike gold. Until then, Tannehill would in all likelihood be serviceable as a starter if he had a better team surrounding him. I read that Ross is paying to have a sports psychologist meet with the team to get them to play better. Hey Ross, here's a thought. How about hiring someone to pick players in the future who didn't move up in the draft to take Mark Sanchez and then when "the Sanchize" pooped the bed, gave him a big extension? It really isn't rocket science. If a guy screwed up as badly as Tannenbaum did in NY, don't assume that he'll be a genius the next time around and don't pin your billion dollar investment's success to his judgment. My God, I think I could run the team better. Well, maybe not but at least I wouldn't have made the same calls regarding Sanchez.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.