HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami - Houston Game thread.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Miami - Houston Game thread.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 25, 2015 03:50PM

sickofit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone here ever seen the Patriots "turn it
> off" in the second half? Coast?

Actually, the Pats often play "good enough" through the first 3 quarters and turn it on at the end. Just look at their game today against the Jets!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 25, 2015 08:12PM

Couple of observations & a hypothetical Philbin thought.

On Landry's 50-yard TD, when he cut diagonally across the field, I witnessed what I think/feel & hope will continue to live within these Miami Dolphin FB players for the remainder of the season = I know I saw Turner coming to block, & maybe Pouncy was the other OL, but Landry's enthusiasm is contagious & I would bet if I had footage good enough to see all players I would bet each one was looking for someone to block or engaged in a block not necessarily to score a touchdown, but because Campbell has filled this team with everything Philbin let escape during his HCing experiment.

Maybe some of it was already gone before Joe arrived(to not put all the blame on him, although I believe he deserves 80-88% of it)??

I'm talking about inner confidence & team confidence; playing FB & dominating because it is fun, not a job you have to do that will be scrutinized 100X more intense than in 1972; proving to a community, state, & nation that we are as good as the original predictions!

I don't want myself or the team to think they are top 5 material yet! Yeah, we blew out 2 teams, but far from great teams. Win or Lose, Thursday evening will be a large measuring stick!

I would love to see the guys remain even throughout the game. INTENSE vs. Tense. A TD & toss the ball to the official with a team celebration 2-3 seconds. A sack, flex your muscles and back to the line of scrimmage to do it again. A first down with a normal arm gesture for four more downs.
Too much celebration over what you are supposed to do(because it is the Patriots) and you are wasting energy needed in the 4th quarter to close the game out. I hope Campbell does not get them too fired-up? He has done a great job of that exact thing at a time when it was needed, against opponents that are not as good as NE. Time to even it out while keeping that self & team confidence! Intelligence, no personal penalties or too much anger.

The hypothetical Philbin moment has to do with his lack of playing rookies. Imagine if Matthews break-out year was last year! Everything else is the same; trade for Stills; sign Cameron, Jennings, and others, except for one thing? Do they draft Parker in the 1st round?
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him & I think he will be a great NFL WR. But we did have other positions of need!! MLB, CB, OL,????

Hey, it's just a hypothetical already long gone, in the past. But it was a question I had since Joe's arrival. Other than the UT OLM we drafted because "bully gate" gutted our Line, & NOTHING was stopping Landry from getting on that field, I can't think of Rookies with meaningful playing time? WHOOPS! TANN
I did ask this before & was given a run down of Rookies playing as if his 3 years produced 21 Rookie starters. I guess a few were constant kick-off & kick-off return players & I missed it?

20/20 for hind site & 20/10 for hypothetical hind site?

This is a foot ball forum for Dolphans; won't stray again; I had enough red ink from my teachers over the years. It speaks volumes even if you don't read the words, which I did, and understandsmileys with beersmileys with beer!!

KNick637

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 03:55AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> I was only able to watch parts of the game on Red
> Zone. How many starters were pulled in the second
> half. I know Lamar and Jarvis weren't played, but
> how about on defense? Did Wake play much in the
> 2nd half or Suh, Grimes?

Lamar miller and landry did not play in the second half.....Second half players were mostly 2nd and 3rd teamers.....matt moore was in by the 4th quarter......suh was pulled out by the end of the 3rd quarter...

Date: October 26, 2015 03:57AM

Date: October 26, 2015 04:02AM

Date: October 26, 2015 04:06AM

And colonel....>What the hell happened to jamar taylor.....He wasn't that bad before.

Date: October 26, 2015 04:26AM

Anybody saw that 40 yard pass bomb to devante parker?

It was called back because of a penalty, but that was a thing of beauty.

Can't wait till devante gets more reps....He is going to be as good as landry. You'll see!

He was off the hook in college.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 26, 2015 04:47AM

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 06:56AM

OK, so I was at the game yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!!!! The electricity in the air right from the moment the 'Phins came out of the tunnel to Metallica was palpable!

The first two quarters were the LOUDEST I've ever heard coming from a Dolphins crowd... The 12th man was in full effect in Miami!

RT looked razor sharp and Matthews, Landry, and Miller were absolutely on fire, and when Suh had two straight sacks followed by a Cam Wake third, everyone lost their minds.

After the win the whole crowd started chanting 'Campbell, Campbell'... absolutely EPIC.

Color me HYPED. Let's go 'Phins, and let's get ready for the Patsies.

Date: October 26, 2015 07:24AM

Ive been to games before that you cannot hear yourself scream. Seriously.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 08:25AM

It really didn't sound all that loud over the TV. Why was Hoyer making our guys jump offside so often? It's supposed to be so loud that the opposition has to use a silent snap count.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 26, 2015 09:41AM

The dolphins are playing at a whole new level right now. This is great to see.

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 07:55AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> It really didn't sound all that loud over the TV.
> Why was Hoyer making our guys jump offside so
> often? It's supposed to be so loud that the
> opposition has to use a silent snap count.

I rewatched the game once I got home and it was a lot louder on tv than I'm accustomed to hearing. They were probably just anticipating it and being over eager, they were definitely flying. I can tell you, he was using a snap count for the first half.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.