Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What we have learned so far this season.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What we have learned so far this season.
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 27, 2015 04:51AM

We have learned so far that it takes 11 players on defense and 11 players on offense playing at their highest level to make it work.

If just 1 players fails to do their assignment then its all downhill from there.

As a team, the Dolphins have 10 sacks in their last two games.
It took six games, but Wake and Suh finally showed the potential to be the dominant, disruptive pass-rushing duo everyone knew they could be. In the first four games of the season, Wake was hampered by a hamstring injury and Suh was a double-team magnet.

Tannehill is back on track

Against tennesee he had a very good outing.

Against the Texans, Tannehill tossed 19 passes and completed 18 of them for 282 yards and four touchdowns. He finished the game with a perfect passer rating.

Tannehill is shining in a role where he does not have to carry the full weight of the offense.

That's a function not just of the improved running game, but also the improved defense. He hasn't had to throw as often because the Dolphins haven't had to score as much to beat their opponents, thanks to the great defensive performances over the past two games.

They're running the ball more—35 rush attempts against the Texans and 32 against the Titans for a combined 67 rush attempts over the past two games, compared to 65 rush attempts in their first four games.

The Dolphins needed an attitude adjustment, and that's exactly what they got with Campbell.

The Dolphins haven't changed much in terms of their offensive and defensive schemes, but they have completely changed the way they're playing.

They have won two games in a row, in convincing fashion, but against the Titans and Texans, who are a combined record of 3-10.

A win, or even a close loss, to the pats thursday night could lend new—and far more relevant—context to the discussion of the Dolphins in the AFC East title picture.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What we have learned so far this season.
Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 27, 2015 05:11AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Dolphins haven't changed much in terms of
> their offensive and defensive schemes, but they
> have completely changed the way they're playing.

Have to disagree there. We were passing at a 3-1 rate. It's been much more balanced the last two games. 19 pass-26 run vs TX, 29 pass-26 run vs TN. Not only has that taken the pressure off THill but also off the OLine everyone thought was so terrible. Two good weeks to be a Dolfan for sure, but before I'm a believer, I need to see the same fire AND performance against a good team...like this Thursday!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 27, 2015 05:22AM

KB Wrote:

Two good weeks to be a Dolfan for sure,
> but before I'm a believer, I need to see the same
> fire AND performance against a good team...like
> this Thursday!

Thats right.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 05:22AM

Basically it all boils down to the difference between starting out strong vs starting out slow and playing from behind. In the Phiblin games we were behind, so we had to throw the ball more, while our opponent could play balanced ball with a lead... Starting out strong with Cambell in the last 2 games has allowed us to play the football we want to play. Not playing football where we have to throw to catch up. Making sure the run game is strong has proven to be very important to our offense and whole team playing well...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 27, 2015 05:30AM

I never should have bought tickets when Philbin was running the show..........sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 05:37AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never should have bought tickets when Philbin
> was running the show..........sad smiley

500 dollars to see your team get blown out is just too much for me.

At least you had some quality time with the family.

Something different from the daily routine.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 10:42AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 07:39AM

Well luckily I went to the Chargers game last year and that was great, and I went last Sunday and it was PHENOMENAL. Can't wait to go back for the Ravens game and hopefully see my streak at the stadium extend to 3-0.

Anyways, we need to continue this hurricane of intensity we've got going on and that will go a long way to beating the Patriots. Well, that and not committing 40 penalties in a game.

Play clean, hard, fast, and turn it up to 11 on Thursday night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.