HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mike Tannenbaum
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mike Tannenbaum
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 06, 2015 11:16AM

It looks like for better or worse, he's the man in charge of the franchise. All I know about him is that by the end of his tenure with the jets, the fans wanted him gone. Anyone know anything about this guy that would suggest he might know what he's doing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mike Tannenbaum
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 06, 2015 11:49AM

I was not happy that Ross went the NYJ route for a gm but Tannenbaum looks to have done well w/ the 2015 draft and moving out some free agents w/ baggage and bringing in others. My problem w/ him right now is not having forced the issue more w/ Ross regarding firing Philbin at the end of last season. Bringing in a new staff along w/ the off season moves he made wold have put us miles ahead of where we are now imho.

Can we trust Tannenbaum I don't know. Looks like he has learned his lessons regarding personal from his jets days. Maybe this situation will give him more backbone when presenting his position to Ross even if its the opposite. Im still backing him at this point.

Ross is not a Rooney, Mara or Al Davis we need a very strong GM.

Date: October 07, 2015 04:56AM

What concerns me is that he's the one that apparently signed Sanchez to a big money extension. Even the most casual of fans knew that Sanchez would flame out in NY. That sort of judgment call reminds me of a certain ex-head coach in Chicago who gave up a first round draft pick for Rick Mirer.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 07, 2015 05:09AM

So far his draft class AND free agent signings have been a wash...and Hickey's moves since he got here have been suspect at best....with a little luck thrown in...

DeVante Parker
Jordan Phillips
Jamil Douglas
Bobby McCain
Jay Ajayi
Cedric Thompson
Tony Lippett

Greg Jennings
Ndamukong Suh
Jeff Linkenbach
Jacques McClendon
JD Walton
Spencer Paysinger
Zach Bowman
CJ Mosley
Brice McCain
Kenny Stills

I'll give a pass to Stills, Suh, Bowman & Parker. Possibly Phillips and Ajayi but the rest...???? Yikes!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 07, 2015 05:40AM

This franchise is a disaster.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 07, 2015 06:36AM

I still think the way back to relevance for the Fins is for Ross to hire a COMPETENT GM, pay him whatever it takes, and give him the authority to hire coaches, run the draft and sign free agents. If you give hiim that kind of authority, I don't think it would be difficult to get one of the better GMs to come to Miami. The problem is that Ross seems to like to hire friends instead of talent. Fire Aponte, Tannenbaum, and Hickey and do what you have to do to get someone like DeCosta with Baltimore to build you an organization. Yes, I know that DeCosta wasn't interested in the job 2 years ago, but that was when he knew that he wouldn't be fully in charge and was stuck with Philbin. I think if he knew he'd be our Ozzie Newsome, and he was paid handsomely, he might reconsider.

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 07, 2015 06:46AM

Agreed. And for the love of all that is sacred, get rid of overlapping regimes. That's been a theme of this team for years now.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 07, 2015 07:02AM

Decosta would be great but I don't think its happening. He is melded into the Ravens org. Worked his way up as 20 year old scout making 20 grand. He and Ozzie are a formidable combination. One of the best front offices in the nfl. He is devoted to the Ravens.

I like the Al Saunders move the front office made.

Hickey's drafts are not that bad and free agent moves Im leaving ungraded. This coaching staff get beat in the SEC and probably be competent at the high school level. I think this team has the talent and 90% of the problem is at the coaching level.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 07, 2015 07:10AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think the way back to relevance for the
> Fins is for Ross to hire a COMPETENT GM, pay him
> whatever it takes, and give him the authority to
> hire coaches, run the draft and sign free agents.

He tried that. His name was Bill Parcells. At first is sounded like a good idea, but, ultimately, it didn't exactly turn out how we had hoped.

Date: October 07, 2015 07:20AM

First off, Huizinga hired Parcells. Plus, Parcells half-assed it because he wanted to be semi retired and brought his lackey Jeff Ireland to run the show. Plus, Parcells might have been a decent coach but there's no evidence to suggest that he was a good personnel guy. He didn't "buy the groceries" in NY, and didn't win a championship when he was allowed to buy them.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 07, 2015 08:04AM

Lot of speculation going on now. Tannenbaum is here to stay--that's my guess. Major changes with Lazor or Coyle will probably come during the off season to go along with the new (top flight) HC we (hope to) hire.

If Dan Campbell shows good leadership which translates into competitive play (maybe some wins) he should be considered for the permanent HC job. Lots of ifs with the Dolphins right now. I'm looking forward to the next game to see if the players play for him.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 07, 2015 08:42AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> First off, Huizinga hired Parcells. Plus, Parcells
> half-assed it because he wanted to be semi retired
> and brought his lackey Jeff Ireland to run the
> show. Plus, Parcells might have been a decent
> coach but there's no evidence to suggest that he
> was a good personnel guy. He didn't "buy the
> groceries" in NY, and didn't win a championship
> when he was allowed to buy them.

Nothing could be more true. Parcells success was INVERSELY proportional to the amount of control he had his entire career.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 07, 2015 11:30AM

What I'd like to see is- Let's get rid if this NYJ castoff and give Dennis Hickey the power and some room to work. He was an inexperienced GM when he ran the draft two drafts ago, but he did better in that one attempt than Jeff Ireland did in his whole tenure and Tannenbaum's latest draft disaster.

Rick

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 08, 2015 03:46AM

I'm not a fan of Tannenbaum but I think it's a big premature to call this last draft a disaster.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: October 13, 2015 03:56AM

I didn't care for Tannenbaum's work with the NYJ, and have been in "show me" mode since his promotion to EVP...and I still am.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 13, 2015 11:33AM

Not quite sure if he's the primary one responsible for the Philbin firing, and promotion of Dan Campbell, but if he is, it was an excellent decision.
How ever it turns out, it was the right move.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 14, 2015 11:13AM

socalphin Wrote:
> Not quite sure if he's the primary one responsible
> for the Philbin firing, and promotion of Dan
> Campbell, but if he is, it was an excellent
> decision.
> How ever it turns out, it was the right move.

But you know what the SECOND thing other than the firing that was a positive for me?????

THE TIMING of the firing.

This was the bye week and it was done at the start of the bye week and not later.

It gave the new staff the maximum time to prepare for the rest of the season.

Had it been done at any other time in the season, then the team would be thrown on the field in turmoil the next week.

I know it HAD TO BE TANNENBAUM because Ross is such a......well....enough said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.