HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The wide receiver room
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The wide receiver room
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 22, 2015 02:15AM

So it isn't the resonsibility of the players to execute after a timeout....it isn't a corner's responsibility to take the right angle, tackle....got it.

Now, you could make an argument that the defensive coverage was a joke due to the fact that #24 was playing off about 13 yards with only 5 yards needed for a 1st down. That was a bad design on Coyle. They should have been pressing but instead were lackadaisical and not even giving effort since they thought Rodgers was going to spike the ball. It was a complete meltown by everyone invloved....NOT just the HC.

In HINDSIGHT, the ONE timeout probably wasn't a good idea. Then you add to it the terrible play by the defense, a bad defensive play call and several carry some blame for the loss as is usually the case.

To be beaten by a fake spike in Miami is a complete embarrassment and slap in the face.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:13AM

Just re-watched the fake spike play, pathetic that Finnegan basically gave up once he realized he was burned, if it wasn't for #22 coming over and pushing Adams out of bounds he would of scored on that play, and anyway the fake spike was just one of many mistakes (and yes, in hindsight the second timeout included) on that drive that shoulda/coulda stopped the Packers from scoring.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:20AM

Its all on philbin.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 06:31AM

It was a good day to be a packers fan.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:41AM

Date: May 29, 2015 04:57AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:40AM

May it be so...

Date: May 29, 2015 11:52AM

I am loving this new squad...all around, WR and all the new additions. The pessimist in me is waiting for something bad to happen. Too good to be true? I hope not. If we stay healthy like we did in 2008, we win a playoff game or ?

Date: June 02, 2015 06:43AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: June 02, 2015 10:18AM

bad timeout,,, horrible timeout.

what are Tannehills 3rd down stats? 4th quarter stats, those are when games are won and lost...

Date: June 02, 2015 11:02AM

I don't think we should get absolutely carried away with the anti-Wallace talk so that we put him in the category of BowelMovement (Brandon Marshall).

Marshall needed the ball to be perfect. He used to complain even if the ball was thrown with TOO MUCH velocity and when it bounced off his hands.

We have to recognize that Tanny did not have adequate pass protection and was not the best long ball thrower at the best of times.

I never knew WHY Wallace blew up in that final game and took himself out. If anyone else has a link, I'd like to see it.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:20AM

I don't know, Tannehills biggest long ball problem was with Wallace.. I think there is some truth to what Cefalo is saying...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 01:07PM by Crowder52.

Date: June 03, 2015 03:39AM

I don't recall Brandon Marshall ever quitting during a game. He also produced TWO 1k seasons in Miami as the ONLY receiving option on a bad team with a bad to mediocre QB.

BM has 7 consecutive 1k yard seasons. Wallace hasn't had one in 3 years. I'll take a guy who complains over a guy who abandoned his team on the battle field any day of the week....and Marshall was also trying to overcome borderline personality disorder.

I've heard it said WAY TOO MANY times by too many different pros that Wallace cannot track the ball and needs a perfect pass, not to believe it. Not to mention seeing it myself.

Date: June 03, 2015 12:38PM

Date: July 06, 2015 03:07AM

I continue to be impressed by this Jarvis Landry. While most players are on vacation, he is working out with Chris Chambers at "The Chamber" (fitness facility).

I think he is highly motivated by his relationship with OBJ. He saw the impact Odell had last year and wants to be competitive. I don't think Jarvis has the physical skill set that OBJ has but his work ethic may help him close the gap a bit. It worked for Jerry Rice.

Their final years at LSU were pretty comparable.

Beckham: 59/1152/8
Landry: 77/1193/10

OBJ was more explosive with a 19.5 ypc average to Landry's 15.5 but Landry made the most of what he had, IMO.

I think most of Landry's yards in 2015 will come from the slot but I do think he has the ability to play outside on occasion.

In 2009, Hines Ward played the slot 78% of the time. He had 805 yards from the slot but also had 357 yards from balls thrown over 20 yards. I think Landry will duplicate this type of play.

Every receiver we have has the ability to play all 3 receiver spots. Something Philbin has been wanting for years. It's not in his traditional WCO but it should work well under Lazor as well.

Landry may not get as many catches this year though. There are just too many weapons that will divide receptions, IMO. 400 receptions will be spread among all these guys...

Jennings, 60
Parker, 50
Landry, 75
Stills, 50
Cameron, 55
Sims, 30
Mathews 15
Miller 20
Ajayi 30
Williams 20

How do you think the receiving numbers will look? yardage? Could Tannehill get close to 5000 yards? If these guys duplicate career ypr averages, he will.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 06, 2015 09:50AM

I agree with the thought in general that we'll have a lot of players catching a meaningful number of passes for us this year...at least I hope. If they get the numbers outlined, Tannehill will own one of the top 18 single season completions numbers in history. I'd say the top players may come close and the bottom few might miss by a wider margin.

It got me looking at single season passing records, and it's sad to see Marino surrounded by active players - so telling how the game has changed to favor passing.

Date: July 06, 2015 12:28PM

If Parker is healthy, I think there is a good chance he will lead the team in receptions.. He seems to catch everything, has a huge wingspan and is a guy that will fight to get the ball. That makes me think Tannehill is going to like and feel safe throwing the ball his way.. Landry definitely gets props for putting in the most work.. So I surely wouldn't underestimate him either... Jennings as well, is a precise route running and savvy vet, Tannehill has never really had a guy like that at WR.. So I wouldn't underestimate him either... Stills is the wild card of the group in my opinion.. Not sure what to think about him yet...

Yes I think, Tannehill could chase the 5000 yard number, if the oline, protects him and stays healthy...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 06, 2015 12:58PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Parker is healthy, I think there is a good
> chance he will lead the team in receptions.. He
> seems to catch everything, has a huge wingspan and
> is a guy that will fight to get the ball. That
> makes me think Tannehill is going to like and feel
> safe throwing the ball his way..

I agree. The only reason I was conservative is bc of the injury. He will miss highly needed reps in camp and may start the season slowly or inactive. I also think having Greg Jennings helps them ease DP into the lineup. No need to rush the recovery. I figured 50 receptions at 17-18 ypr at around 900 yards. Not bad but conservative.

Landry definitely
> gets props for putting in the most work.. So I
> surely wouldn't underestimate him either...
> Jennings as well, is a precise route running and
> savvy vet, Tannehill has never really had a guy
> like that at WR.. So I wouldn't underestimate him
> either... Stills is the wild card of the group in
> my opinion.. Not sure what to think about him
> yet...
>
> Yes I think, Tannehill could chase the 5000 yard
> number, if the oline, protects him and stays
> healthy...

I think all of our top 5 receivers have the ability to be 1k yard receivers. Parker, Jennings, Stills, Landry and Cameron. Unfortunately it's just not possible. I love Stills. I think he can do more with the ball on short and intermediate throws than Wallace AND he has deep speed. I see him with a very high ypr average...16-19. With Parker, Stills and Landry, we may have 3 of the top 10 sets of hands in the league.

The question I have is... who will be first to 1000? I would love it to be Parker.

Date: July 07, 2015 08:54AM

Yes for sure, Parkers injury and when he gets back on the field could hamper my prediction.. If it isnt Parker then I would have to go with Landry, since he is the only one of them that has any real chemistry with Tannehill.. Next I would go with Jennings.. Stills had Brees throwing him the ball the last 2 years and never quite hit a 1000... So he would be last....

Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 07, 2015 10:25AM

If hartline broke 1000 yards then any of the receivers we have can break 1000 yards.

Tannehill is still the qb.

My bet is on landry who tannehill is most confortable with.

Big if.

It all depends on who tannehill gets acustomed with during the season.

Date: July 07, 2015 12:50PM

I don't care if any of them hit 1000 yards........as long as they all hit 900.......

Date: July 08, 2015 04:16AM

Date: July 08, 2015 05:44AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, but he was a rookie ( and 6th option) one of
> those years AND he led the team in yardage last
> year as the #3 or 4 option. He just gets open and
> makes plays. Pretty impressive for a second year
> player, IMO.

I really didnt watch much of the Saints the last 2 years, so I am really not that familiar with him, other then highlights and stats... I know he is fast and shifty from the highlights I have seen...

Nietzsche

Date: July 08, 2015 06:02AM

The intriguing part is that 2015 is Stills 3rd year....the usual breakout year. I can't remember ever having this much talent at skill positions on offense.

This has to be Philbins dream team at receiver. great hands, route runners, versatile....all can play all three spots. TE can play SE and slot.

Date: August 10, 2015 10:53AM

Date: August 10, 2015 11:12AM

Good article Joethumbs up

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.