HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Martin AWOL
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Martin AWOL
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:05PM

If you graduated high school in the early nineties Crowder, then even if you were 17 in 1990, that would make you born in 1973. You were an INFANT BEFORE they began to stop teachers from administering physical discipline. So you are from a time more close to today than when I graduated from high school in 1966.

Next to berk, That's just the point berk. Thing ARE different today than when I went to school and that's the name of my sermon, it's entitled "They took law enforcement (teachers being able to spank) out of the school" (along with God I might add).

Again, Power seeks a vacuum. Wherever there is a power vacuum, something will come in to fill it.

The reason it is MUCH WORSE, is because they took the power out of the teachers to discipline kids. My father in Oklahoma and older of the two sisters in L.A. were teachers.

My sister jacked up a kid in the early 70's for smart talking her. That evening when my sister was alone in the class grading papers, the little kid came in with his big hulking mother who demanded to know why my sister had slammed him against the wall, my sister, trembling told her and when she found out for the first time he had smart mouthed a teacher, she slapped him in the mouth right then and there and my sister had to stop her from beating him.

My thing quite simply is let the law (teachers physical discipline) do its job and your kid learns the lesson to not be a bully. It doesn't make your kid a wimp, no more than your kid is a wimp anymore than a person who has a gun stuck in his ribs is a wimp for surrendering his wallet. The answer is to so terrorize the criminals that they don't dare do it! Not to tell their kids they should fight back.

It's pretty pathetic that we have to teach our kids that there is no law enforcement and they have to protect themselves against criminals and that's all these bullies are is future criminals.

They get baby-ed throughout the juvenile years and systems and the minute they turn 18, the law comes down on them like a ton of bricks and they wonder "where is all the leniency that I used to take advantage of when I was in high school. I'm not doing ANYTHING DIFFERENT!"

I say more punishment earlier to those who do evil and that's the best way to confront evil. Don't blame the kids who get bullied and Crowder and berk, it seems you are both doing that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 02, 2013 01:07PM

WOW! How timely. While I was typing the above, the wife was listening to the news.

They just said (covering the LAX shooter) "There are reports that he was bullied in high school."

Yet things are not different huh?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:33PM

Chyren, I am not sure you know your facts on that to well.... I went to catholic school high school and military school, it went on... In middle and grade school as well.. In grade school it was stand up in front of the class and hold both hands out and the teacher would smack the back of your hands with a wooden ruler, in middle and high school it was a paddle in the deans office... Maybe you are talking about public school...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 01:37PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 02, 2013 01:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW! How timely. While I was typing the above,
> the wife was listening to the news.
>
> They just said (covering the LAX shooter) "There
> are reports that he was bullied in high school."
>
> Yet things are not different huh?

The difference is the parenting and break down of families, not the schools...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 02, 2013 01:48PM

to your first post Crowder, of course I was talking about public schools and not religious or military schools. LOL. You thought I was saying they "took God out of" the Catholic schools? LOL. or they took discipline out of military schools? LOL.

I'll respond to the second post by the "quote" button.

Date: November 02, 2013 01:57PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WOW! How timely. While I was typing the
> above,
> > the wife was listening to the news.
> >
> > They just said (covering the LAX shooter)
> "There
> > are reports that he was bullied in high
> school."
> >
> > Yet things are not different huh?
>
>
> The difference is the parenting and break down of
> families, not the schools...

No, it is the general breakdown in law and order that was occasioned by MIS reading the lesson of the 60's which was to love everyone and MISINTERPRETING it to be "don't punish criminals" and "you have to pity the poor rascal, he is that way because someone made him suffer when he was younger" therefore you got the Liberals weeping over the scum and the Conservatives saying "we hate Govt authority too and we don't want anyone TOUCHING my child."

As I always have said, the Liberals and the Conservatives have turned this country into crap!

And if we don't stand up to bullies, then the friggin Islamist terrorists are going to overcome us because that's what they tell prospective recruits, not only that America is bad but they're weak.

Take Osama Bin Laden for example. If I had been Obama, I would not have given his body a burial at sea in accordance with Islam.

NO! I would have brought in world wide cameras while I chopped up his body and fed it to pigs. (Many people don't know that pigs eat meat).

I would have then announced to the world that whenever I caught a terrorist, the same would be done to his body. In Islam, pigs are the ultimate thing to be avoided.

I'll bet that would knock down their recruitment because these idiots really believe that what happens to your body has an impact on what happens to you in the afterlife.

Date: November 02, 2013 01:57PM

I only blame the kids who get bullied and cope with it by bringing a gun to school and mowing down a bunch of un armed students and teachers... I blame their parents for not giving them the skills and guidance to handle their problems in a more productive way then a gun.. I don't blame the school... I think the bullies are punks and I blame their parents as well.. But I don't think they deserve to die... This all leads back to the parents on both sides or lack there of IMO...

What happen to the comeback sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.... I think every kid in my day used that line in rebuttal of being teased...Now they bring a gun and enact murderous revenge....

Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 02, 2013 02:44PM

What's the point of talking about this since none of us are part of the Miami Dolphins and are not in the locker room nor the lunch room.

Why don't we wait until the definitive report comes out letting everyone know what happened?

Date: November 02, 2013 03:17PM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 03, 2013 08:38AM

There's just so many different angles and possible truth's in this story is scary crazy.

My two cents on some of the stuff out there:

1) Hazing: It happens in football. Its part of the bonding process of becoming a team. But Martin isn't a rookie so there should be no hazing this year. If there was, then that was over the top. If there wasn't...then what exactly is he freaking out about?

2) If he didn't want to go on a trip with his teammates and he didn't want to contribute to it, then he should have told them "no thanks". Its really that simple. He's a grown man making a living. If he doesn't want to hang out with his teammates he certainly doesn't have to.

3) Is it me, or does it seem like there really wasn't a major trigger event to this blowing up this week. Just that Martin was having a bad day, blaming it on past events, and now he's pouting?

Richie Incognito might be the biggest asshole on the planet. I have no idea.

But Martin has to be the biggest pussy in the NFL..hands down.

His NFL career has to be over. Certainly in Miami. How do you come back from "running home to mommy" because someone was wasn't nice to you?

How does anyone on that team, that staff...or any team or staff, rely on him as part of a teams foundation?

This HAS to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen happen in the NFL.

Date: November 03, 2013 09:13AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 03, 2013 09:23AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> There's just so many different angles and possible
> truth's in this story is scary crazy.
>
> My two cents on some of the stuff out there:
>
> 1) Hazing: It happens in football. Its part of
> the bonding process of becoming a team. But
> Martin isn't a rookie so there should be no hazing
> this year. If there was, then that was over the
> top. If there wasn't...then what exactly is he
> freaking out about?
>
> 2) If he didn't want to go on a trip with his
> teammates and he didn't want to contribute to it,
> then he should have told them "no thanks". Its
> really that simple. He's a grown man making a
> living. If he doesn't want to hang out with his
> teammates he certainly doesn't have to.
>
> 3) Is it me, or does it seem like there really
> wasn't a major trigger event to this blowing up
> this week. Just that Martin was having a bad
> day, blaming it on past events, and now he's
> pouting?
>
> Richie Incognito might be the biggest asshole on
> the planet. I have no idea.
>
> But Martin has to be the biggest pussy in the
> NFL..hands down.
>
> His NFL career has to be over. Certainly in
> Miami. How do you come back from "running home
> to mommy" because someone was wasn't nice to you?
>
> How does anyone on that team, that staff...or any
> team or staff, rely on him as part of a teams
> foundation?
>
>
> This HAS to be one of the strangest things I've
> ever seen happen in the NFL.

I agree with all of this. The new details that are coming out are just bizarre. Martin doesn't want to go to vegas and pay 15k, then don't. It's no big deal one way or the other. What a huge weenie if he's too scared to say how he feels (and 15k for a guy making about 1mm is like one of us being asked to contribute $100 to a co-worker's birthday gift).
How is this now coming out as part of the horrible horrible hazing that's going on the phins locker room? I think some of it is reporters who need to beef up their original questionable reports of brutal abuse. Some are now holding up this vegas thing and the rookies having to pay for team dinners (this crap has been going on forever-- never heard it was akin to cruel abuse) as "examples" of the "bullying"

Date: November 03, 2013 09:53AM

I don't know the facts and every article I have read has ITSELF indicated that the facts are not known.

This being true, berk, it does not good to denounce someone based on facts you don't know to be true.

IF, and that's a big IF, he got so emotionally pissed at being ribbed about not giving up $15,000 (I disagree that it's like $100 to us. It's more like only $5 or maybe even 50 cents when you are making millions) then either he is mentally disturbed or this is just the "straw that broke the camel's back" in the sense that maybe his fellow linemen don't hold him in high regard and he has just had enough.

Either way, one thing is sure and that is that the kid has emotional issues and needs a psychiatrist couch.

I don't think words like "pussy" are even RELEVANT because to the contrary, as opposing to being weak, he acting more like someone who is so high and mighty that he is actually INSULTED that someone would tease him.

Maybe he thought that being an All American and playing at Stanford, one of the top rated teams in the nation and playing for the hands down best quarterback in the nation, that he is now experience A BIG COME DOWN playing for a sucky team like we are and the other guys get that pompous attitude on his part and tease him and he is so offended that he is going to pay them back by leaving "and that'll serve the dolphins right because I am the only genuinely good guy on the offensive line."

But that's just another theory too. People should withhold judgement until you get the facts.

Date: November 03, 2013 10:51AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There's just so many different angles and
> possible
> > truth's in this story is scary crazy.
> >
> > My two cents on some of the stuff out there:
> >
> > 1) Hazing: It happens in football. Its part
> of
> > the bonding process of becoming a team. But
> > Martin isn't a rookie so there should be no
> hazing
> > this year. If there was, then that was over
> the
> > top. If there wasn't...then what exactly is
> he
> > freaking out about?
> >
> > 2) If he didn't want to go on a trip with his
> > teammates and he didn't want to contribute to
> it,
> > then he should have told them "no thanks". Its
> > really that simple. He's a grown man making a
> > living. If he doesn't want to hang out with
> his
> > teammates he certainly doesn't have to.
> >
> > 3) Is it me, or does it seem like there really
> > wasn't a major trigger event to this blowing up
> > this week. Just that Martin was having a bad
> > day, blaming it on past events, and now he's
> > pouting?
> >
> > Richie Incognito might be the biggest asshole
> on
> > the planet. I have no idea.
> >
> > But Martin has to be the biggest pussy in the
> > NFL..hands down.
> >
> > His NFL career has to be over. Certainly in
> > Miami. How do you come back from "running
> home
> > to mommy" because someone was wasn't nice to
> you?
> >
> > How does anyone on that team, that staff...or
> any
> > team or staff, rely on him as part of a teams
> > foundation?
> >
> >
> > This HAS to be one of the strangest things I've
> > ever seen happen in the NFL.
>
>
> I agree with all of this. The new details that are
> coming out are just bizarre. Martin doesn't want
> to go to vegas and pay 15k, then don't. It's no
> big deal one way or the other. What a huge weenie
> if he's too scared to say how he feels (and 15k
> for a guy making about 1mm is like one of us being
> asked to contribute $100 to a co-worker's birthday
> gift).
> How is this now coming out as part of the horrible
> horrible hazing that's going on the phins locker
> room? I think some of it is reporters who need to
> beef up their original questionable reports of
> brutal abuse. Some are now holding up this vegas
> thing and the rookies having to pay for team
> dinners (this crap has been going on forever--
> never heard it was akin to cruel abuse) as
> "examples" of the "bullying"

Its just crazy Berk.

Sure vets make rookies pay for stuff. Yes some rookies make more than others. But after the first instance or two you have to just tell them to @#$%& off.

The problem here is twofold...

The details keep changing and Martin is handling this like he's 10 years old and scared to ride the bus to school. And because Martin is making a big deal out of this without saying why the national media is running wild with every rumor they can dig up.

Lets assume for a second that Incognito is the biggest douche on the planet and he's stealing lunch money from all the rookies.

If that's true, then wtf is Martin doing at home letting his "pals" deal with Incognito alone?

If its not about Rookie hazing then Martin looks like a crybaby running to his mommy because the cool kids don't let him hang with them.

I'm not saying there might not be something behind the scenes that he has a right to be pissed at and that needs to be addressed by the team. He just needs to be there and be part of the process, not hiding at home in his room with his binky.

If I were running this team I'd tell him and his agent that he's going on the retired list on tuesday if he's not back at work, and we are suing him to recover his signing bonus.

Date: November 03, 2013 11:01AM

I agree, I think Incognito is probably a pompous ass, and Martin has issues... It is the media who is making it worse... Schefter chasing this down as he has, is self serving, nothing else... He doesn't give a shit.. He just doesn't want his initial reporting to be called bunk, so he digs up more "sources" that say he is correct after the Dolphins statement contradicted his reports.... Which makes Martin a bigger pussy and Incognito a bigger asshole, and Schefter the inside genius for breaking it all, and enlightening us... They all sound like douchebags to me Schefter included.....

Nietzsche

Date: November 03, 2013 11:05AM

Maybe we all ought to withhold any judgement until we find out what the true facts are.

Date: November 03, 2013 11:45AM

Unless Martin is gay and he's being brutally harassed because of it, there are really no facts that could come out that would have martins reaction make any sense, if he walk out due to how his teammates treated him.

Date: November 03, 2013 11:51AM

Well berk either he is a crybaby or he is mentally ill but the latter calls for as much compassion as if he were gay.

Date: November 03, 2013 11:54AM

OR the third alternative I forgot to mention is that he is an idiot and does not realize that shifting him to RT was a compliment to his versatility and an insult to McKinnie but instead he took it as a put down (and the teammates justifiably got angry at his reaction and started picking on him about it).

Date: November 03, 2013 12:05PM

my criticism of martin assumes that what has been reported--he left bc of hazing--is true. like i said before, if he's got a mental illness that's something else.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2013 12:07PM

Grown man been bullied?

THis leads me to believe there are mental issues here.

Date: November 03, 2013 12:11PM

Date: November 03, 2013 12:12PM

Date: November 03, 2013 12:12PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> my criticism of martin assumes that what has been
> reported--he left bc of hazing--is true. like i
> said before, if he's got a mental illness that's
> something else.

This whole situation is so weird it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Martin is gay and they were giving him a tough time about it, or that their jokes/hazing hit to close to home.

Date: November 03, 2013 12:16PM

tHEY MUST HAVE GRABBED HIM BETWEEN 4 OR 5 Players and stuck a pickle you know where....or something like that....for him to act like that.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 03, 2013 12:17PM

Date: November 03, 2013 12:18PM

Date: November 03, 2013 12:19PM

so apparently the prank that sent martin over the edge---everyone getting up when he sat down at lunch (wah!!)--was done to nate garner a week or so earlier. And Martin was one of the guys who pulled the prank on Garner!!
If all of this is true I can't see Martin ever coming back to the team or maybe any other team.
Another 2d round bust. yay.

Date: November 03, 2013 12:24PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> so apparently the prank that sent martin over the
> edge---everyone getting up when he sat down at
> lunch (wah!!)--was done to nate garner a week or
> so earlier. And Martin was one of the guys who
> pulled the prank on Garner!!
> If all of this is true I can't see Martin ever
> coming back to the team or maybe any other team.
> Another 2d round bust. yay.

If this is true then.............YUP i agree with you....He a pu$$Y

Date: November 03, 2013 12:25PM

and btw........if this is true berk.....it has nothing to do with bullying.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.