HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          uh oh....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
uh oh....
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:56AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: uh oh....
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 06:06AM

he's just an idiot. not going to become a scandal or anything

Date: July 14, 2013 06:09AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he's just an idiot. not going to become a scandal
> or anything

Yeah, its not a huge deal. But this is the slow season for the NFL, and sports in general. Any little stupid thing like this will get 100x more play than it deserves.

Date: July 14, 2013 06:49AM

Apparently it takes a lot to go to jail for killing someone. Maybe pouncy gets his wish.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 06:53AM

It was their birthday yesterday, they threw a big bash at Cameo last night.... Not sure if the hats are real or not... If they are they knew they would catch heat for being photographed in them... They were all pretty tight back in the gville days... Even if Hernandez is guilty as charged, it doesn't surprise me that guys with a bond like they have, would still support ther boy... Whether an alleged murderer or not... Still doesnt show great judgement on their part.. But as I said before they knew what they were doing if the photo is real.. They were supporting their close friend and team mate...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: July 14, 2013 07:40AM

Can't say I blame them. The last OL to turn his back on Hernandez ended up dead.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:37AM

I just don't understand it....what is there about Hernandez that they can support? All I can see to support is that Hernandez hasn't been found guilty, as yet.

Am I missing something?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:54AM

Cap, I think The Futt was just having fun but I agree with you as to the other posters. Even if it were a joke on the part of the Pouncey brothers, it was in bad taste.

It is not as in yesterday's case in the news, let it not be mentioned, where there is some doubt about the motives of the accused and more doubt about what actually happened. This is NOT like yesterday's case.

Here, this guy, Aaron Hernandez, is a piece of scum who committed a double murder and killed another guy who he thought would reveal it.

Absolutely inappropriate to say "Well, he was my ole teammate so I'm not going to turn my back on him."

Hernandez would not hesitate to kill the Pouncey brothers themselves if they found themselves in the same circumstance as the victim here.

Pretty stupid of the Pouncey brothers to wear that hat.

Date: July 14, 2013 10:25AM

These guys were tight in Gville, whether guilty or not, they are showing support for an old friend since Hernandez was 17 and all of them were young kids in a new town... I am not saying it is right or wrong, obviously if Hernandez did what he is charged with it is despicable and heartless... However if one of my best friends found himself in that position, I couldnt say I still wouln't support him through a tough time.. Especially at a time when no one is giving them any support and hiding from them... I know it is messed up, but the way I was raised, you dont turn your back on people in time of crisis, no matter the cause or fault.... If someones was there for you when you needed them, you do your best to be there for them when they need you... It is easy to be friend in the good times, who's there for you in the bad times, is what means something IMO... I am not by anyway condoning the Pouncey's decision to do it publicy with a FREE Hernandez hat, but I understand the sentiment and reasoning behind still supporting him...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 14, 2013 10:53AM

I totally disagree. It's one thing to stick with a friend like GZ who you may feel is unfairly being portrayed as a racist and a killer. It's another thing to stick with a scumbag who is a heartless killer.

My answer to your statement that you stick with your friends is that your friends should be your friends based on characteristics THAT YOU ONCE THOUGHT they had that make them worthy of being your friends.

Give me a simple answer, Crowder. What if you discovered that one of your best friends ended up having been the person who kidnapped, raped, killed and buried serially three 7-year old girls?

Would you still say the same "bro" things you say above?

Or would you say that he is not the person you thought you knew.

Yeah, this is not the same thing as raping and murdering a child but in terms of being bad it is about as close as you can get.

You don't say, "Hey, I'm sticking by my bro."

You say, "You weren't the person I thought you were" and you walk away. Why is a person your friend? Is it because you played on the same team with him or should it be because he has the type of character that makes him DESERVING OF your friendship????????

Date: July 14, 2013 11:11AM

Raping and killing 3, 7 year old girls would be tough to get passed. As I said you try and do your best to support them.. I dont think I could support someone if accused of that. But Hernandez isnt accused of that.
Ray Lewis seemed pretty culpable and charged with murder, he retired an NFL darling..
I understand why they support him... I understand why you don't...
People make mistakes in life, and you don't turn your back on somebody who you are tight with or has been there for you... Life isnt easy, neither are the choices you are faced with at times...

Nietzsche

Date: July 14, 2013 11:19AM

Everyone has a right to life. Whether a 7 year old girl or a semi pro football player.

Date: July 14, 2013 11:45AM

And everyone has a right to support a friend, no matter the mistakes or bad choices they might have made in their life...

Nietzsche

Date: July 14, 2013 12:07PM

Up to a point. Your point is apparently raping and murdering a 7 year old girl.

I say support the bro if he gets drunk in a bar and cracks a bottle over someone's head killing that person.

Where he coldbloodedly pretends he's still the guy's friend, takes him out for a ride in a car to a remote location, kills him while the guy is begging for his life, to me the distinction IN DEGREE OF CALLOUSNESS between him and the rapist murderer is not sufficient to have me continue my friendship.

And did you ever stop to consider while you are saying that you would do this all for friendship that the guy he killed was not a stranger,
not an enemy, not a guy he didn't feel one way or another about but a FRIEND!!!! LOL. Something you wanna be with him.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Date: July 14, 2013 12:19PM

Just because you support a friend doesnt mean you support the supposed act or action for what they are charged... There is a difference..... A priest supports many killers in prison that doesnt mean he supports the action for which incarcerated them... And so far Hernandez has been charged and awaiting trial with no bail...
Ray Lewis was charged and not convicted, which many people question to this day.. Yet he is all forgiven and retired an NFL hero/role model...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 12:26PM by Crowder52.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:06PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Just because you support a friend doesnt mean you
> support the supposed act or action for what they
> are charged... There is a difference....

sorry but if it was pretty clear by all accounts that my friend was directly involve in a thuggish murder of someone, he'd no longer by my friend. no problems parsing out what he "did" vs who he "is" and expressing support for one and not the other. I'm not friends with people who murder.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:11PM

Date: July 14, 2013 01:19PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> And everyone has a right to support a friend, no
> matter the mistakes or bad choices they might have
> made in their life...

I agree with you completely.

I just think that the phrase on the hat is the problem.

"Free Hernandez" implies that he is unjustly incarcerated.

I don't see anyone out there claiming that is the case or that his rights are being suppressed.

Using that phrase under such serious circumstances just makes them look foolish.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:24PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just because you support a friend doesnt mean
> you
> > support the supposed act or action for what
> they
> > are charged... There is a difference....
>
>
> sorry but if it was pretty clear by all accounts
> that my friend was directly involve in a thuggish
> murder of someone, he'd no longer by my friend. no
> problems parsing out what he "did" vs who he "is"
> and expressing support for one and not the other.
> I'm not friends with people who murder.

Agreed. But if you didn't now for sure what happened, except what you heard in the media, then you might be inclined to stick by your friend until the matter was sorted out.

I have no problem with them supporting a friend. I just think they come off as foolish by acting as if their buddy is some sort of martyr.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:56PM

Berk- I am not friends with people who murder either, but I have never been put in that position.. If one of my best friends were to be accused of murder, I dont think I would abandon him, especially as Truth said before all the facts have come out and is yet to be tried...
I have had friends go to jail and I stood behind them, put money in the commissary every month... Helped one of them get back on their feet when they got out. And all of them have come out the other side shining and thriving... Not many people wanted to be talked about in the same breath of them at the time... I dont give a sh*t. If you are my boy legit, then I dont run from bad PR or peer pressure... What matters to me is the people close to me and the people close to me understand who I am and where I am coming from.. I am a big boy, I can take the heat... And I imagine that is what the Pouncey brothers felt... While the "free Hernandez" hats on their birthdays wasnt the best way to show support nor something I condone... They showed support, and their friend, while however evil he might be accused of being, heard about it and felt some support in a dark lonely solitary place when he needed it.. For that they took the heat, and for that they obviously deemed the heat worth it.... If I was a team mate of Mike or Maurkice right now, I would feel pretty strong about them and the fact this guys has my back no matter what... Even take a public lashing and press heat to support a guy everyone else is distancing themselves from and all but publicly convicted... Right or wrong, I respect the move... Even though I personally dont support Hernandez...

Nietzsche

Date: July 14, 2013 02:20PM

Can't agree Crowder. At best it's in bad taste, at worst it is saying you would support your friends even when they did something that you never thought they were capable of doing and EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, something that you seem to admit you would NOT tolerate from the average Joe but would tolerate from a guy just because he is your bro.

And of Course, if the guy has any arguable point of innocence, like O.J. claimed he was boarding a plane at the time of the murders, then yeah you stick by him.

Truth, all the evidence is not in but when your buddies (the ones you were with during the crime) start ratting you out, then it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that a conviction is coming.

Date: July 14, 2013 03:04PM

What a dummy. He's in the NFL a few yrs now. He should know better. I bet Coach Philbin already had him in the office.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:14PM

really mike??
Damn he was quietly one of my favorite dolphins but he is either a dumbass or a wanna be thug himself. Had he just worn a hernandez jersey i wouldnt necesarily like it but could somewhat sort of respect that he is showing support to his boy. Classles s#itty desrerspectful thing to do considering someones son was shot in the back and it is looking pretty good that it was hernandez who pulled the trigger. Not that i was planning on it but wont be buying a pouncy shirt anytime soon.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: July 15, 2013 04:09AM

The Pouncey brothers have succeeded in publicly making themselves look like total idiots. Makes me feel angered & embarrassed knowing there's such a bonehead on the Dolphins.

Total disrespect for the victim & his family. Even though AH hasn't been convicted yet, there's been enough evidence made public to write guilty across his forehead.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 15, 2013 05:08AM

What absolute idiots.

Pouncey had the chance to be alongside Jim Langer and Dwight Stephenson as having a great career, being the best at his position for the Phins. Unless he denounces his own stupidity right away, or if it's proven that is a doctored photo, I don't care for him anymore. He's a great center with great potential? Great--then he should fetch a lot in a trade.

Date: July 15, 2013 07:31AM

that's a bit extreme JC. you want to trade him for being an idiot out at a club one night? stupid, yeah, but it's not like he committed a crime or hurt anyone. we've got guy on this team who have done worse. koa misi? etc.

Date: July 15, 2013 09:57AM

For reference, Mike Pouncey won the Don Shula leadership award last year for our team.. That is no easy task, especially for a 2nd year player. Just because he wore a hat supporting his college room mate doesnt mean you should trade him or cut ties with him.... His team mates love him, the coaches and management respect him... Hence the leadership award...

Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:34AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> that's a bit extreme JC. you want to trade him for
> being an idiot out at a club one night?

yes I know it's extreme. It may not be rational but that's how I feel.

I don't want to trade him for being an idiot at a club one night. I want to trade him for advocating the freedom of a guy who, when being investigated for serious crimes, refused to cooperate with police, destroyed evidence and did everything else he could to make himself look guilty.

Now, as you said it's understandable to support one's former teammate/former roommate etc. Hernandez is innocent until proven guilty, and if the Pounceys simply went on record to state they thought AH was innocent of the crime, I'd have NO problem with that. They know the guy, I don't. But if a AH doesn't cooperate with police and goes out of his way to destroy evidence, then he loses his right to bail before the trial, IMO. That's why they can't "free" him unless the jury does the same.

If my best friend were accused of a serious crime, and if he told me he didn't do it, I'd stand by him too. But then again, my best friends don't assault people in bars, shoot acquaintances in the face then persuade them to say it was an accident, threaten to beat up co-workers when they make a simple joke at work, etc.

This is a character issue by association. I saw from your other post that Pouncey has earned a leadership award. That was a good reminder, I'd forgotten about that. Now, the very notion that AH and other NFL stars who formerly associated themselves with low-life punks need to disassociate themselves with those guys once they make it big (lest they get pulled back into that world of crime and general thuggery), also applies to Pouncey. The low-life punk that Pouncey needs to disassociate himself from is Aaron Hernandez.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:44AM

I understand where you are coming from Crowder, but....

1. With this particular case, I would not publicize my support.

2. With everything that is coming up concerning Hernandez's past, it is obvious that what has recently happened is just a continuation of his past behavior.

3. I would have a hard time supporting my friend if these were the circumstances. In fact, I may have already distanced myself from him based on what has happened in the past.

4. Granted, Hernandez is yet to be found guilty, but going public with one's support?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:02AM

These guys are too young, too wealthy and too stupid. I wish they had the maturity and hindsight of a 50 year old but they don't. They will do stupid things. The font office will handle it and I hope they see their mistake and move on. We should show maturity and move on.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.