HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jennings vs Wallace vs Bowe
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Jennings vs Wallace vs Bowe
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 22, 2013 07:12AM

He has had (2) thousand yard seasons in 7 years. He has a cap hit of 8.3 mil this year followd by 7, 8 and 11 mil in following years.

943/6 last year and 579/7 the year before after missing 6 games.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:10PM

So, in all seriousness. KC is expected to re-sign Bowe before free agency hits. There are reports that Green Bay will franchise tag Jennings (which I don't believe), and that Philbin isn't as big a fan of Jennings as some would assume (a la Matt Flynn). And we will have plenty of competition for signing Wallace, possibly including the Patriots. That offense is screaming for a deep threat, and they are gearing up for one big push during Brady's career. If you were Wallace, and the money was close, you would never pick Miami over New England and Brady.

What if we don't land any of them? What if we didn't even get a real shot at one one of them? Re-sign Hartline and bring in Brandon Gibson? Trade for Miles Austin (who has primarily played the slot in Dallas)?

Date: February 25, 2013 02:22PM

There are all kinds of rumors and speculation floating around out there. It was speculation when they said Philbin isn't a big fan. There were no quotes or actual reports to my knowledge.

There is also the rumor that Jennings wanted a 12-13 mil a year and that by Miami not showing interest, it would drive his market price down to 8 mil.

I think GB has too many options at WR to worry about franchising Jennings. They can also grab another in the draft.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 25, 2013 03:11PM

Not buying the Jennings getting franchised rumor, I think he's our best shot, he makes the most sense and won't cost as much as Wallace. He seems to be perfect to help groom a crop of young guys. I doubt whomever we sign will be here to hoist the Lombardi trophy for Miami, so sign the guy that's gonna help bridge the gap.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 25, 2013 04:17PM

Give it up! Draft Patterson or Keenan Allen. We ain't going to the SuperBowl next year anyway. Let's get our superstar of the future. Same people saying we shouldn't use such a high pick on one of the two will (MARK MY WORDS IN FOUR YEARS) will be suggesting we try and get Patterson or Allen in free agency if they are not franchised.

Date: February 25, 2013 04:38PM

I just don't see the difference in talent level between Allen/Patterson and the next couple guys. We don't even know how Allen runs yet. He could end up being a 4.58 guy.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 25, 2013 07:50PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 26, 2013 02:39AM

Wallace and Jennings have not been impacted in any way but what the WRs did at the combine. Not in any way at all. Wallace and Jennings can step in and be major factors in 2013. Teams that want an impact right now are still going to go the free agent route. If a team is looking to 2014 and beyond, then the draft is more the way to go. But the market for Wallace and Jennings did not change.

Date: February 26, 2013 07:28PM

TsStamper, I'm not opposed to even drafting a WR in later rounds as some have suggested PROVIDED we draft SOMEBODY AT A POSITION OF NEED AT NO. 12.

Unlike THE Truth and that genius Ireland, I don't favor constantly TRADING DOWN and ending up with projects that ultimately fail from the low 2nd and later rounds and then constantly being in the free agent market to cure one defect (DL) and then another (DB or OL).

The draft should be our primary source of filling our needs.

Date: February 27, 2013 04:40AM

It seems to me Ireland has traded up as much or more than he has traded down. I can only remember one trade down and that was for Odrick. It wasn't a great move (in hind sight) but it's not like he was a flop either.

Free agency has netted some pretty good players for Miami. Our best two LB'ers, a PBowl DT, a PBowl DE, a PBowl LG. Other than those players our team is built from the draft. We just need to draft that stud WR. We have the QB and the RB from last years draft.

Every year some team finds a gem after the 1st round who outperforms those highly touted picks. That's what we must do. This WR class is deeper than I can ever remember, even if there is no clear cut top player. There is LOTS of speed and there are at least 15 WR's that are very appealing. More like 20 to choose from. Surely we can identify one or two that can make plays.

You are right though. We need the BPA at a position of need.

TWO WEEKS UNTIL FA starts!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 27, 2013 08:57AM

Yeah, it doesn't seem like high-round draft trades have worked out all that well for Ireland and I think 12 is a good place to be this year (hoping to be 32 next year :-) And having 5 picks in the first 3 rounds is absolutely a good place to be in a year where there's good depth at a number of positons of need.

Moving down when we gave up 2 2nds for Marshall was absolutely a 'by the Parcells book' move, if I remember correctly...seems like many were reporting that we were certain to move down in the 1st to recoup the 2nd we gave up. Odrick and Misi have value, but we passed on a TON of talent in moving from 12 to 28.

IMO the 1st round and especially the first half of the first round is where you swing for the fences for BPA at impact postion of need and the 2nd and 3rd rounds are where you are looking for solid starters. 4th round on...you're looking to get lucky with one solid starter in the group each year - at best. So, moving down from 12 this year - especially when we have 2 2nds and 2 3rds doesn't seem prudent, IMO.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:02AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TsStamper, I'm not opposed to even drafting a WR
> in later rounds as some have suggested PROVIDED we
> draft SOMEBODY AT A POSITION OF NEED AT NO. 12.
>
> Unlike THE Truth and that genius Ireland, I don't
> favor constantly TRADING DOWN and ending up with
> projects that ultimately fail from the low 2nd and
> later rounds and then constantly being in the free
> agent market to cure one defect (DL) and then
> another (DB or OL).
>
> The draft should be our primary source of filling
> our needs.

BPA at 12. Ireland's job is on the line, so that's the way it will be.

Trading down is only an option if that BPA (on Ireland's big board) is just not there when Miami's pick comes up. Then the best option is to trade down and (hopefully) pick up an extra 2nd round pick.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:10AM

Date: February 27, 2013 08:26PM

"Factually challenged?" LOL. It's not nice to make fun of special needs people. LOL.

Date: March 19, 2013 10:55AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 19, 2013 11:57PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Dolphins studied Mike Wallace by studying
> every play he ran the past two years.

I read that entire article when I got home from work today. Key points that struck me was the cumulative effort with JP & his coaches being able to be more involved this off season with upper management for all the player evaluations & acquisitions this off season. Last year he had to focus on putting his coaching staff together, etc. & didn't have as much time to be involved with personnel.

Philbin puts out such a good vibe. There's just something that's magnetic about the guy and it seems that JI has complete trust in him. It's like JP has this uncanny capability of creating a real positive environment to be around. I have hope that his philosophy will put a winning team on the field in the very near future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 11:58PM by 808phan.

Date: March 20, 2013 03:23AM

He also said team spent to much time in meetings and not enough in weight room...is going to remedy that.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.