HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RG3 is done
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RG3 is done
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:09PM

Just blew his injured knee OUT.

I knew running QB's don't last. Wilson is in the same boat.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RG3 is done
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:24PM

That was ugly. Definitely looks like a torn MCL....maybe ACL too? If his ACL survived, maybe he'll be able to come back, but he won't be a running QB anymore. Good thing for him he's smart and accurate. I think RG3 can become a pocket QB...but he may not come back until late next year...which means Cousins has a opportunity to cement himself as the starting QB in Washington. This might be the last time we see RG3 play for the Skins.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:30PM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> This might be the last time we see RG3 play for
> the Skins.

Wow...I didnt see it but that is bad.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:36PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:38PM

Dont' do that! ouch!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 06, 2013 03:01PM

Well I know his biggest fan on this board is pissed as hell. However isn't superman immune to injury. All the hype, and all the pub can't make him play better when he chooses to run instead of stay in the pocket, and read a defense.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 06, 2013 03:02PM

he walked off the field and then returned to the sidelines so I don't think it's nearly as bad as it looked. certainly not the last we've seen of him in WAS

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 06, 2013 03:02PM

He was walking on it, no way to judge how bad it is. With his accuracy I hope he learned this year that the money is made w/ your arm in the nfl. Cousins is the QB I wanted the phins to grab in the second rnd last year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 06, 2013 03:04PM

He must have rubber bands for ligaments then. The video was gruesome.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 06, 2013 03:51PM

And of course, everybody is gonna jump on me for saying it was totally stupid for the coaching staff to have him playing injured. Even before the game.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 06, 2013 04:06PM

that was not a pretty sight...it hurt me just to watch that happen.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 06, 2013 08:38PM

It probably would've been worse had he not been wearing that knee brace to begin with. He looked like he was only 50% hobbling around some time after the 2nd TD. Shanarat should have pulled him then when it was still 14-13.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:06AM

i told you guys he wouldnt last too long in this league with that style. Well there it is.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 04:10AM

yep. running qbs don't survive in the nfl. newton may last a little longer because of his size but at some point they'll have to learn how to go through their progressions.

rg3 has 3 options every pass play...primary, checkdown, run. so tired of all the hype, all the theatrics. the read option doesn't work too well with a gimp at qb.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:02AM

We will find out just how badly his knee is in the next 24 hours. A knee isn't supposed to bend like that, so I'll bet he'll need surgical repair.

Running QBs are their own worst enemy. They have grown up with having good wheels with speed to overcome defensive players at the lower levels. At the NFL professional level, there are too many strong, powerful and quicker defenders to deal with. The odds are that one of them will eventually nail him and ruin his future.

Having wheels is important for mobility, but soon as a QB ventures out of the protection of his body guards, anything bad can happen and usually does. If RG3 is smart and Shanahan is smarter, running the ball should be last on the list of RG3's play options. I'm not saying he must stay in the pocket; rolling out, boot legs, play action and throwing the ball away, rather than taking a big hit, will still make him a dangerous offensive threat at the QB position.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:09AM

Cryin I actually agree with you. RG3 should probably not have been playing.

As for him being hurt because he is a running QB, that is a junk comment.

I think that guy named Griese, and that guy named Thiesmen both got hurt as pocket passers.

Hard to hate on RG3 great athlete and person.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:14AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Cryin I actually agree with you. RG3 should
> probably not have been playing.
>
> As for him being hurt because he is a running QB,
> that is a junk comment.
>
> I think that guy named Griese, and that guy named
> Thiesmen both got hurt as pocket passers.
>
> Hard to hate on RG3 great athlete and person.

All Players can get hurt but a running QB takes more hits and the hits are more like a running back takes, as he is not protected (can't hit him high or low)like if he was in the pocket as would a pocket passer would be.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:22AM

RG is a great qb. Hope he comes back and learns to depend on his arm. That is his money maker. Shanahan is one selfish s-o-b. I would have gotten my rookie out of there. Regardless of what he thought or said.

Thanks for the insight dolphin. Tarkenton, Cunnigham, Testerverde were pretty good runners w/ long careers as was Tittle. Injuries are there for all types of qbs.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:36AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Cryin I actually agree with you. RG3 should
> probably not have been playing.
>
> As for him being hurt because he is a running QB,
> that is a junk comment.
>
> I think that guy named Griese, and that guy named
> Thiesmen both got hurt as pocket passers.
>
> Hard to hate on RG3 great athlete and person.

Nobody is hating on robert griffith the 3rd.....At this point i would rather have tannehill on my team than RG3 which is damaged goods.........................

Looks like he needs to run to be effective and he is definetely not a pure pocket passer at this point. He might be in the future but right now he is far from been a pure pocket passer.

I told you he wouldnt last too long in this league with that style of play...And i was right.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:41AM

samsam3738 you are no where near right.

He will be back next year AND he missed exactly the same amount of time Tannehill did.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 07, 2013 05:43AM

Even if he did tear those ligaments, it isn't necessarily a death sentence. Just go ask Adrian Peterson.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:43AM

Samsam,

RGIII is a pure pocket passer. He just likes to and can run. He can drop back read and release the ball w/ an accuracy I have never seen in a qb. I too hope he comes back because I enjoy watching him pass.

ps congrats on being right about something it must feel so good for once.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:48AM

dolphin Wrote:
> samsam3738 you are no where near right.
>
> He will be back next year AND he missed exactly
> the same amount of time Tannehill did.

ok im no WHERE right!..... you genious.

all i know is if he cant run he will not be as effective....you saw how good he was when he wasnt doing the wild cat thing...He was terrible in fact because he isnt a pure passer.

dan marino had like 89 surgeries yet he is a hall of famer because he was so good in the pocket along with the quick release. I know its too soon to compare......

But again it seems to me RG3 is nothing without been able to run for yardage and thats going to be the end of him....

Unlike luck for example. Luck is a pure passer and effective in the pocket. RG3 is not.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:53AM

mizzou15 Wrote:

>
> ps congrats on being right about something it must
> feel so good for once.

first of all stop twisting the things i say for your own purposes.

.Go back and read when i said over and over i hate injuries and i wouldnt wish injuries even on my worst enemy.

I wish him the best.THE END.

PS.Now on another note i really do not care about RG3s future since he is not a dolphin...........

And Im so glad we drafted tannehill.

Running Qbs do not last in this league nowdays with them 260 pound LBs.

face the facts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2013 06:52AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 06:01AM

I predicted before the season he would not be durable, I said 3-4 years tops. He tries to do too much and places himself into too much dangerous situations. Great athlete though.

Date: January 07, 2013 06:02AM

3 or 4 years?

seems to me he didnt last one full season.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 07, 2013 06:50AM

Wilson will be fine, he doesn't take nearly the same amount of contact as Griffin.

My guess is that Griffin will be out of the league in 5 years with two bum knees and concussion problems.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 07:32AM

not getting the shanahan hate.

i remember jay cutler's last playoff game. he was labeled a quitter by all the so called experts for sitting out the 2nd half with a knee injury.

now a qb tries to finish a game with the same type of injury is injured worse it's the coaches fault.

can't have it both ways.

rg3 is the starter, even with a bum knee he still gives them the best chance to win. when they were up 14-0 he was a gritty warrior. he tweaked his knee, told his coach he was good to go, and went back in.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 07, 2013 07:35AM

Date: January 07, 2013 07:46AM

wow JC i put a wrong letter. Give me the electric chair. Me no gringo. Iam
a cuban sugardaddie.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.