HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lazor offense....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Lazor offense....
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lazor offense....
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:58AM

So to be efficiently effective once more on offense! I hope too that Bill keeps it efficient and effective.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 01:58PM

Or all of Lazor's greatness can be subverted by WOODEN HEAD PHIBIN who I always suspected was more responsible for our failures than the departed OC, Mike Sherman.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 14, 2014 05:41AM

Sherman called the plays.

Date: May 14, 2014 09:00AM

I don't think so as to critical plays. In those crucial 4th down and inches play that were criticized so heavily last year, I'll bet LIKE WITH THE COACHING SITUATION OF ANY TEAM, the final say was the head coach.

I think you're being naive to think anything else would be the case on any team.

Now if you mean the run of the mill play, yes.

But even that is, to a great extent, dictated by the head coach, I mean whether he favors a passing game more than most teams in this passing era, or a running game more or more read option or less (as apparently Miami does).

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 14, 2014 11:13AM

the final say to go for it is the HC.

you're grasping at straws to criticize philbin.

Date: May 14, 2014 11:27AM

Date: May 14, 2014 03:21PM

Date: May 14, 2014 05:29PM

No doubt. We are in agreements. But he needs input to make a decision no? His input received shall be different , so hopefully he will reach different and better conclusions. smiling smileythumbs up

Are you a Trekkie? Its all very logical. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 14, 2014 08:06PM

LOL. Yeah, I'm a Trekkie and like Spock. No, I'm not saying he's solely responsible but I just don't think EVERYTHING offensive side was Sherman's fault, particularly the crucial playcalling.

I could VERY WELL be wrong. I don't know. We'll see this year, either whether he's learned his lesson or whether he is just as stubborn as I said he was.

Date: May 15, 2014 04:35AM

I don't think there is any way in hell we can be anywhere close to as bad as we were last year on the offensive line.

We were 27th in rushing last year. Realistically, based on what we have done so far, I would say we will make a huge jump.

That was about 1154 yards by the running backs. We had the 4th fewest rushing attempts in the league with only 349. It was an abandoned aspect of our offense.

We now have two PB lineman and what I believe to be another lineman with PB potential in Shelley Smith.

Addition by subtraction for that of John Jerry. He was simply not a good run blocker and definitely not a zone lineman.

We have the 1000 yard rusher from the 15th ranked rushing offense. This is not a great ranking but Denver had a bit of a shuffled line after best lineman (Clady) got hurt.

We also have a new OC who comes from the best rushing team in the league. (if only we had Shady MCCoy). Philly ran the ball 500 times last year compared to our 349.

I think we will match that number for attempts in 2014. If we can average 4.1 yard per carry that would put us on pace for 2,050 yards. That would have ranked us 5th in rushing in 2013. (We averaged 4.1 ypc in 2013)

Now imagine how that opens up our passing game. All of the sudden safeties can't play quite so deep which means there is less double coverage on Mike Wallace.

Single back sets now become effective. We don't need RB's & TE's staying in to pass protect because our linemen don't need the help. Pass protection is what they all do best with he exception of Smith but he is no slouch.

1 HB, 4 WR's or 3 WR's and a TE

Moreno, Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Clay or
Moreno, Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Landry

I believe we will have a top 10 offense next year. Something comparable to that of the Cincinnati Bengals....only with a better QB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2014 04:36AM by JoeFootball.

Date: May 15, 2014 05:49AM

Ok realistically I see us rushing for around 400 attempts. I also see us around 1800 rushing yards combined. Maybe 2k. No way is our O-line that improved Although I like our new OC and RB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2014 05:50AM by Sickofit+1.

Date: May 15, 2014 05:51AM

Also think that our offense will be around 16 th.

Date: May 15, 2014 05:59AM

One year can make all the difference in the world. We fell to 27th from 17th in 2012 and the only starter we had that was different was Jake Long who had a crappy year.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 15, 2014 09:54AM

sickoufit why do you think they will run 400 times?

They ran less then 350 last year.

Supposedly the new offense is designed around that pass.

Heard a report the Dolphins would pass around 70% of the time. If the report is true, they will run the ball LESS then last year.

Date: May 15, 2014 10:47AM

Well everyone will be expecting us to pass and we went out picked up slot of RBs.

Date: May 15, 2014 11:02AM

The trick is not to run more or less......just be effective when you do it. You can be more effective WHEN YOU RUN LESS. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 15, 2014 11:50AM

We only ran 349 times last year because it wasn't working and we had no choice.

Date: May 15, 2014 12:51PM

Plus first year here I'm thinking a conservative approach at first especially with three wr's coming back from injury and philBUM does not want to get fired for being a emotions less idiot.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 15, 2014 08:20PM

BINGO

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 16, 2014 11:40AM

chren philbin has only been here for 2 years and continue your piss on your piss on philbins cereals parade.

Give him at least the benefit of the doubt.

I think you are mistaken.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 16, 2014 12:02PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chren philbin has only been here for 2 years and
> continue your piss on your piss on philbins
> cereals parade.
>
>
>
> I think you are mistaken.

Wouldn't be the first time he was Sam, but in all fairness even the most ardent Philbin supporters has to admit he hasn't given any indication that he's a difference maker as a HC, even if he's not as incompetent as some would make him out to be.

Date: May 16, 2014 01:28PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chren philbin has only been here for 2 years and
> continue your piss on your piss on philbins
> cereals parade.
>
> Give him at least the benefit of the doubt.
>
> I think you are mistaken.

We'll see because he has been given another year. But samsam, even the majority of the people on this board WHO SUPPORT Philbin (not just the total majority but ONLY OF his supporters) have him on a very short leash.

You are Tannehill's biggest supporter and you have said that we should wait this year and let Tannehill prove himself.

So, you'd say that about Tannehill, yet you're trying to tell me that YOU ARE ALREADY COMPLETELY SOLD ON PHILBIN AND TO YOU, SAMSAM, ALTHOUGH TANNEHILL MUST PROVE HIMSELF, PHILBIN DOESN'T HAVE TO???????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2014 02:28PM by ChyrenB.

Date: May 16, 2014 02:27PM

I agree I am a Philbin supporter.......However I find it very disturbing his support Of OC Sherman who was arguably this teams worst asset last year IMO. It was almost a father son relationship and he couldn't put business first. I don't like the cue cards in the Locker room. That's one place you need to motivate and speak from the heart. If you can't do that you have no business being in the NFL. However I like his overall demeanor, I think he's respected by the team and I just don't dislike him the way I disliked Saprano. I just don't think Saprano was too intelligent. Philbin is and I want to give him a chance free of the weird Sherman hold I think he had on him. But he is definitely on a leash with me.

And again Chyrene.....Tanny HAS proved himself. Over and over. he just needs help.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 16, 2014 02:35PM

I agree with you on Philbin, Treasure, on Tanny I would not go so far as to say that IF WE PLAYED THE SAME SCHEME as we played last year AND he got better protection, that he would be significantly better IF WE PLAYED THE SAME SCHEME.

My proof is that after bullygate, (without looking up the stats) it appeared to me that our "sack" stats went down. But then people started arguing about whether Tanny was missing Wallace on deep throws or whether
Wallace was dropping balls.

This is my way of saying that there was DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG BETWEEN THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN TANNY AND WALLACE.

Who's fault it was is not important.

Suffice it to say that all of those expecting that the blocking problems will solve all of our quarterback problems may find themselves greatly disappointed.

So when you say he has proved himself over and over, then you've got to look at the last 6 games of the season and be able to blame the lack of wins on the receiving corps, because Tanny WAS NOT GETTING SACKED AS MUCH.

Date: May 16, 2014 04:23PM

Date: May 16, 2014 08:12PM

Date: May 16, 2014 09:04PM

LOL!! You said that not me...........

(Does Cam Wake have a big one? ) drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 17, 2014 04:58AM

Surprised that no one is actually discussing Chip Kelly's offense in this thread.

The Eagles ran a balanced offense in 2013.

They passed 508 times for 4406 yards and scored 32 TD's.

They ran the ball 500 times for 2566 yards and scored 19 TD's.

Date: May 17, 2014 05:56AM

I love the fact that they streamlined the terminology instead of that ridiculous old school crap. Less thinking more reacting.

Rumor last year was Tannehill was frustrated with Sherman and the offense.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.