HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Get a grip
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Get a grip
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 07:00PM

You're never as bad as you think and you're never as good as you think. Get a grip on yourselves and stop posting spam. The gameday thread for the Bills game was pathetic and is probably still filling with garbage posts.

If someone points out a specific player, play, or scheme that they have a problem with, then fine, but some of the complaining on here has no rhyme, reason, or evidence to back it up. The majority of you don't even know who the real culprit is on a bad play so half of you blame the coach/playcall and the other half blame the entire offense/defense. Read up on some football strategy/scheme websites (there are plenty that are very good) if you want to actually know where the blame lies. Otherwise these gameday threads are practically unreadable with everyone just moaning that we will suck forever and not win another game this year. Which is hilarious because these are the same people that were high as a kite three weeks ago.

I am not singling anybody out in particular and I know not everyone posts like this. However, I'd like to have a gameday conversation with informed finsfans about the football game taking place and what is working, what isn't working, how it can be fixed, etc. Instead everyone swings on a pendulum from one play to the next and their mood changes just as fast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get a grip
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 07:11PM

That's what fans do.
We have six games left. Two against NE, SanFran, Seattle, Buffalo and, Jacksonville. Can you honestly see any reason for optomism?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 15, 2012 07:17PM

Disagree. That's not what INFORMED fans do. What dolphin1423 says makes perfect sense. Stop making white noise and address the specifics that bother you.
And, yes, I see plenty of reason for optimism both for the rest of this year and into the future.

Rick

Date: November 15, 2012 07:39PM

Excellent Post 1423! I still like the direction this Team is going. Even though we sucked the last three games, we are seeing what doesn't work and we will be better for it next year. I see alot of Free Agents Hitting the Florida state Turnpike North next season.

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:17AM

Hi! I'm XYZ phins fan complaining about people complaining about the phins, yet somehow I want to get other people to stop complaining, so I'll complain about them, or insult them in an effort to make them stop!

You see how that works there???

Why don't you guys get a grip? People complain. It's their right. Even if it's stupid.

None of us on here are innocent of stupid posts. Some more than other but who cares? If any of it bothers you so much, then beat it... That's my "get a grip" moment.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:48AM

Get a grip??? Really?

How can anyone LIKE the direction the team is going??? They have LOST the last 3 games and looked pathetic doing it.

Holy crap!!! And some of you like that direction????

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:50AM

Foremost, this is a site for fans. If you look around you will see a wide variety of backgrounds of those posters. Lawyers, cops, military, a lot of retired people but, to my knowledge, nobody that works in or around any college or professional program. Realist coached a high school level team in a foreign country but, he hasn't posted in awhile. There are several posters who seem quite knowledgable but, for the most part, we are fans first and foremost. Most of the posts are very general observations born of frustrations.
I'll admit that I have alot to learn about football and I appreciate the opinions of others. Some make sense, some, not so much but, I have seen both sides of a vicious argument make alot of sense and there is alot to be learned even from a losing argument.
There's been posts to the effect that an elite QB makes everybody around him play better and then we hear that we need an elite receiver to make our elite QB play better. Pretty general stuff but, personally, I wouldn't want to go to a site with a bunch of coaches and ex-coaches arguing in a language that I don't understand.
Most every season it seems we have more needs than we can possibly address in one offseason draft. We aquire high priced free agents that don't pan out. Many of the players we let go end up looking pretty effective on other teams. Many of our former coaches look pretty good on other teams playing against us. It's frustrating trying to make sense of it all but, it's fun to share insight on a good play as well as a bad play. The only thing missing is a cold beer. smileys with beer
About the only thing that I have a problem with is the over-used term "sucks". The QB sucks, TE sucks, WR sucks.
None of these guys suck. After the vetting process at the HS level and then the college level, any body that makes it to an NFL team DOES NOT SUCK. In most cases they are being ineffectively utilized.
Personally, I'll be here every week through the negativity and the cheers and hope that over the long run they will balance out and maybe even tip a little bit in our favor.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:56AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're never as bad as you think and you're never
> as good as you think. Get a grip on yourselves
> and stop posting spam. The gameday thread for the
> Bills game was pathetic and is probably still
> filling with garbage posts.
>
> If someone points out a specific player, play, or
> scheme that they have a problem with, then fine,
> but some of the complaining on here has no rhyme,
> reason, or evidence to back it up. The majority
> of you don't even know who the real culprit is on
> a bad play so half of you blame the coach/playcall
> and the other half blame the entire
> offense/defense. Read up on some football
> strategy/scheme websites (there are plenty that
> are very good) if you want to actually know where
> the blame lies. Otherwise these gameday threads
> are practically unreadable with everyone just
> moaning that we will suck forever and not win
> another game this year. Which is hilarious
> because these are the same people that were high
> as a kite three weeks ago.
>
> I am not singling anybody out in particular and I
> know not everyone posts like this. However, I'd
> like to have a gameday conversation with informed
> finsfans about the football game taking place and
> what is working, what isn't working, how it can be
> fixed, etc. Instead everyone swings on a pendulum
> from one play to the next and their mood changes
> just as fast.

+1

thumbs up

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 08:58AM

More white noise. No, I don't " see how that works". If sentiments like "the o-line is playing poorly, Long got crushed on a sweep and it got stopped for a loss- what's happened to these guys?" is too technical for you, I submit you shouldn't be wasting your time watching the games.

Rick

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:14AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More white noise. No, I don't " see how that
> works". If sentiments like "the o-line is playing
> poorly, Long got crushed on a sweep and it got
> stopped for a loss- what's happened to these
> guys?" is too technical for you, I submit you
> shouldn't be wasting your time watching the games.

If people speaking about their emotional disappointment in miami's poor performance in games along with their dissertation as to why they think the reasons it's disappointing, then I suggest you get off this board.

In fact, Richard, I submit that I don't give a flying f_ck about what you think and submit you go play in traffic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 10:18AM by Ihatebrady.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:57AM

this team wasn't expected to win 4 games this year. they have very little talent.

they overachieved and went 4-3 and expectations changed.

it didn't change the fact that this team still has very little talent and that won't change until the offseason.

the only way the phins are going to win is if they have a positive turnover ratio and some luck.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 16, 2012 11:04AM

Out of the remaining games, they are lucky to win ONE and I doubt that highly. The Seahawks will win, the patriots are going EMBERASS us twice, the 49'ers are going to destroy and look at what the Bills already did. Hopefully the Jaguars don't show up that day.

I have lost faith for the simple fact that only a few players have any urgency or ambition on the field. Philbin might very well be the idiot I figured he might be and Tannehill appears completely out of sync and simply cannot recover when it counts. I will continue to watch as I always do and I will support this team as I always have. No bandwagoner here, just a tired fan that is sick of the sh*t this team pulls year after year after year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 11:06AM by chatafkup.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 11:13AM

quote: Hopefully the Jaguars don't show up that day.

I hope they do so that we can get a higher draft pick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.