HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is it any better??????
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is it any better??????
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 15, 2012 06:27PM

Last year, we were losing games by being too conservative in the last two minutes. This year we throw the long bomb with 2 mins left in this game and the first Jets game. Cost us an fg in that game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it any better??????
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2012 02:39AM

What I'm REALLY not happy about is the fact that DK's claims that Tanny falls apart when the game is on the line is just being reaffirmed. Tanny had 2 chances to drive for the win...and threw INTs both times. What happened to the regular dink-and-dunk game of the WCO? It seems all night we were either running up the middle or throwing LONG passes. I just can't believe the in-between stuff wasn't there.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:46AM

Uh, sounds like more then a claim to me....

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:38AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I'm REALLY not happy about is the fact that
> DK's claims that Tanny falls apart when the game
> is on the line is just being reaffirmed. Tanny
> had 2 chances to drive for the win...and threw
> INTs both times. What happened to the regular
> dink-and-dunk game of the WCO? It seems all night
> we were either running up the middle or throwing
> LONG passes. I just can't believe the in-between
> stuff wasn't there.

Agree Thought Philbin and company were supposed to bring 'offensive genius' with them. Still waiting for it to show up. The whole O looks pedestrian and predictable IMO.

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:41AM

Here is this team in a nutshell.

This team has all but forgotten about WCO. They play virtually nothing resembling that, and that starts with the o line.

The o line cannot run or pass block.

As a result, there is no run game.
As a result, play action is ineffective.
As a result, opposing teams don't need to stack the box and Miami's receivers aren't fast enough to stretch the field.
As a result, teams get pressure on Henne... err Tannehill with 3 and 4 man fronts.
As a result he makes poor decisions and takes bad sacks or gets picked.
As a result this time is 0 for forever on 3rd down.
As a result Miami's defense is on the field for over half the game.
As a result their poor lb an db play is exposed.
And finally as a result, they get smoked by the 31st and 32nd ranked defensive teams in the league and held to one offensive TD.

There's no quick fix to this. Alot of this is mental and and execution. We've seen that even with the supposed poor talent on this team that when they have confidence and execute, they are successful.

There's no telling when or if this will ever turn around. This is why key players come to Miami and fall flat, then go elsewhere and light it up. I don't need to remind anyone of the numerous examples of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 04:44AM by Ihatebrady.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:52AM

The announcers pointed out our "All Pro" O-Lineman Jake Long when introducing the offense. I'm really tired of hearing that. He hasn't played like an "All Pro" in quite some time.

We lost this game on the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball. Time and time again I saw Buffalo defenders penetrating our line and getting to the QB or RB...while the Buffalo O-Line was creating a nice pocket for Fitzpatrick. What happened to our pocket? Why does our O-Line resemble swiss cheese?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:27AM

No, Victor, I disagree.

But only with your next to the last sentence.

The Buffalo O line was not that great in creating a pocket for Fitz.

It seemed like almost whenever he was pressured, he had a receiver wide open.

Whenever he had to scramble, like Jake Locker, he could scramble for a thousand yards.

And like Jake Locker, when he threw interceptions, our secondary dropped them.

The difference between Fitz and Tanny was that Tanny's interceptions were caught....even the fantastically difficult one that ended the game for us.

Tragically funny but true to compare that last interception with the ones dropped by our defensive players.

He caught one with a difficulty rating of 10 and our backs dropped at least two with a difficulty rating of one.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:44AM

Your right ChyrenB. Even with the regression in SO many areas as of late, but for a few missed FG's(First Jets game, Cardnials) and several Dropped(i mean RIGHT in the freakin' hands) INT's (Colts and last night) we are most likely 8-2 or 7-3 and leading the division....SAD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.