HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do you think
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Do you think
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 16, 2012 05:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 05:59AM

the heat were my one solice in sports. I have always been afraid that they are too mentally weak to win it all. When things go well they are unstoppable and when they go badly it can snowball and fall apart. This is what I worry about now.
Without bosh the heat have to play 2 on 5. The other 3 on the floor are totally useless. Every time the ball went to Miller, Battier, or Chalmers (but mostly miller and battier) they would immediately pass it back to LBJ or Wade, despite a wide open look. I mean, at least try to score, if only to give James and Wade a few second rest.
The only good news if they don't make the finals is I am going to be in Ireland the exact time frame of the series, and if the heat are playing I'm going to need to watch it, and all things being equal I'd rather not spend my time watching TV in Ireland.
Bottom line, I don't think they make it past Indiana without Bosh, let along any further. And even with Bosh I think they get rolled by OKC or SA.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 16, 2012 06:22AM

Something is very wrong with the Heat's offense. I think there's been too much tinkering going on. I liked what I saw early in the year with Chalmers and Cole running the show like traditional point guards, but I don't think this point-forward thing with Lebron is working. Riley loves the point-forward concept, and it's worked for him in the past, but Lebron doesn't fit that role well. He's amazingly talented, but he can't multitask like Magic used to (knowing when to drive, dish, or shoot). There isn't much flow to the offense either, and without Bosh we have no inside/out game.

Spoekstra needs to take a hard look at this and make a decision. Do we play inside/out? Pick and roll? What exactly is our offensive scheme??

One thing that I'm optimistic about is that our defense has played terrible..and I KNOW we can play better. Our team defense has been atrocious. If we can get that together...and I KNOW we can...then I think we make it past Indy...and whoever we meet next (Boston or Philly) without a problem. The BIG test will be against San Antonio or OKC.

Date: May 16, 2012 07:16AM

i actually think our D has been pretty good. The problem is we have no one other than LBJ or DW who can score, let alone is willing to hoist a shot. 2 on 5 isn't a very good plan, even when they 2 are as good as those guys are. Haslem has fallen off the map, and miller and SB have been playing like crap. Chalmers is playing badly, and we've got no one else who could even start on Charlotte.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 16, 2012 07:19AM

You guys are lucky Rose is as fragile as an egg-shell anyway.

Date: May 16, 2012 07:48AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i actually think our D has been pretty good.
Not from what I saw last night. Indy seemed to be scoring at will during parts of the game.

> The
> problem is we have no one other than LBJ or DW who
> can score, let alone is willing to hoist a shot.
We DO have other guys that can score, but we're running the entire offense through LBJ and DW. That's the problem. Norris Cole can score a bunch. Mike Miller can score. Shane Battier can score. The problem I've seen with this team since Spoekstra took over as coach is too many of these guys have ended up giving up their regular game and have just become jump shooters.

> Haslem has fallen off
> the map,
He hasn't shot consistently for a couple years now. Don't know why.

> and miller and SB have been playing like
> crap. Chalmers is playing badly, and we've got no
> one else who could even start on Charlotte.
Norris Cole. Whatever happened to him???!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:24AM

The heat cannot survive with out bosh. They might have trouble getting by indiana.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:33AM

You guys are crazy, of course they can survive without Bosh... They won the first game without him... Lebron missed 2 free throws at the end of the game last night, and only lost by 3 points... come on now guys. If the heat lose a game, people always over react. We didnt sweep the knicks and lost one game, and all of sudden the same analyst that were handing us the trophy, were now speaking our demise.... one loss... My question to you guys, is which team is gonna beat the Heat 4 out of 7 games? and i will take that bet...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 16, 2012 10:48AM

I hope you are right crowder but the heat are playing relaxed basket ball....Except for coles though he was on his man like a bug yesterday..

Chalmers stinks as a point guard...erratic as hell...Haslem and miller are struggling. James jones cannot hit a 3 in a close game...did you see how he choked on the allstar game 3 point challange.....

Over all what am trying to say is our bench is going to kill this team...

If we have to play the spurs their bench have like 5 players that can start on other teams bro..

to tell you the truth if the heat win a champinship lebron james and dwayne wade are going to have to play big minutes and play out of this world......And now even more without bosh.

Hey.........Iam the biggest miami heat homer but they have a lot of flaws...

Date: May 16, 2012 10:52AM

Bosh would be back by the time we have to play the Spurs. I seriously doubt Indiana will beat us 4 games. Boston has had their own issues.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 16, 2012 10:57AM

I think it's 50-50 we get out of this series. Probably less than 50-50 we get past BOS, and if we play OKC or SA without Bosh, I'd say we've got a 25% chance of winning.
And I am a huge heat fan. But them's the facts. This team can't beat an elite team in 7 games with just 2 players. And are mentally weak when the chips are down.
But I don't want to bet you Crowder, b/c I don't want to pull for Mia to lose.

Date: May 16, 2012 10:57AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Bosh would be back by the time we have to play the
> Spurs. I seriously doubt Indiana will beat us 4
> games. Boston has had their own issues.

All iam saying is unless they wake up soon they are going to have troubles...We struggled both games against indiana all throughout both games and that was at home with the crowd by your side..

I would like to see them play with more heart at indiana or else they are toast...

I am seeing the same thing i saw with the mavericks last year in the finals.......And this time around is in the second round not the finals....

But with that said maybe its a good thing that this happens now...Maybe they will wake up and play playoff basketball....And struggle at the beginning and know it will not come easy like last year to make the finals again.......

Date: May 16, 2012 10:59AM

berkeley223 Wrote:

> But I don't want to bet you Crowder, b/c I don't
> want to pull for Mia to lose.

Plus crowder must have a stash saved up because he is going gambling soon.......so berk if you bet with crowder today be prepared for high stakes betting.

Date: May 16, 2012 11:15AM

We will defintely take 2 out of the next 3 IMO.

I told you guys....... Chances are statistical high we win the series, as stated by several analyst 83 percent of the time the team that wins game 5 in a 2-2 series, win the series,.... How many did we win by last night 30 pts... Pacers didnt know what hit them literally... Hansboro swung first, but I doubt he will take a shot at Wade again...

Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 16, 2012 02:06PM

Date: May 17, 2012 06:13AM

i havent watch the outcome of the lakers thunders....so chren the lakers lost again..?

I love it.....I cant stand kobe or the lakers.

Date: May 17, 2012 12:17PM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 18, 2012 03:45AM

uh oh.

Not looking good for the heat.

Sure they could still win the series but a home loss and a 20 point blow out on the road in the 1st 3 games doesn't bode well for their chances.

Assuming for a minute that the Pacers end their season, do you trade Wade as Mike Greenberg suggested on Mike & Mike, or do you chalk it up to Bosh's injury and bring them all back for another run next year?

If you dealt Wade would that make Lebron more or less likely to exercise his "out" after year 4?

Date: May 18, 2012 04:40AM

in light of last nights game, I am boycotting sports for awhile. No reading about or listening to it. Truly sickening, and completely expected by me.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:42AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> in light of last nights game, I am boycotting
> sports for awhile. No reading about or listening
> to it. Truly sickening, and completely expected by
> me.

Ditto. My heart can't take it.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:43AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> uh oh.
>
> Not looking good for the heat.
>
> Sure they could still win the series but a home
> loss and a 20 point blow out on the road in the
> 1st 3 games doesn't bode well for their chances.
>
> Assuming for a minute that the Pacers end their
> season, do you trade Wade as Mike Greenberg
> suggested on Mike & Mike, or do you chalk it up to
> Bosh's injury and bring them all back for another
> run next year?
>
> If you dealt Wade would that make Lebron more or
> less likely to exercise his "out" after year 4?

I'd trade Lebron to Orlando for Dwight Howard, then make a push to sign Steve Nash.

Date: May 18, 2012 06:10AM

ouch......

Nietzsche

Date: May 18, 2012 06:26AM

Crowder what did i told you....Again the heat will not get anywhere without bosh.....And now even less with wade struggling...

BTW spolstras day as a heat coach are numbered...If you know what i mean.

Date: May 18, 2012 08:00AM

Edited to delete double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 08:02AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 18, 2012 08:02AM

thumbs upSorry guys, but i'm loving it!thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2012 08:03AM

chren quote...> But, SamSam, now come on with is that you "can't
> stand" Kobe?

I dont understand that question chren.

Date: May 18, 2012 08:07AM

You posted: " ....so chren the lakers lost again..?

I love it.....I cant stand kobe or the lakers."

I meant what is it that you can't stand about Kobe or the Lakers?

Date: May 18, 2012 10:34AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You posted: " ....so chren the lakers lost
> again..?
>
> I love it.....I cant stand kobe or the lakers."
>
> I meant what is it that you can't stand about Kobe
> or the Lakers?

Everything....I cant stand that dirty world meta peace or however he named him sef...Someone needs to clock him in the nuts one daY.

Date: May 18, 2012 10:46AM

SamSam, it wasnt so much Bosh, as something isnt right with Wade...
Indiana still has to win 2 more games for us to be out, I am not waving the white flag just yet...

Nietzsche

Date: May 18, 2012 11:04AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> SamSam, it wasnt so much Bosh, as something isnt
> right with Wade...
> Indiana still has to win 2 more games for us to
> be out, I am not waving the white flag just yet...

Iam not waving the flag either. I just think the odds are really low we make it to the other round with bosh out and wade struggling.

Their bench is great our bench is struggling bigtime. Thats another issue.

The announcer said something about their bench been 10 player deep. we'll see.

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.