HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do you think
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Do you think
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 06, 2012 05:26AM

Iam not getting overcooked over sports anymore........If they win they win......if they lose so be it.

I drink high blood pressure pills and iam not risking my health over a bunch of players who choose to relax or cant play worth a dam like james jones who is useless..................mike miller who is playing on one leg..........and a bunch of fosils like juwon howard or curry who are smart enough to sit on the bench ( the have no choice their time is over ) and collect a huge paycheck....

The heat have no bench and the marlins got railroaded by the braves 11 zip.

And me myself and i at 43 years old gonna take care of things in a calm and relaxed way.

Life is too short.

And i wanna see my great grand kids...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 06, 2012 05:32AM

BTW sundays i will still throw a barbecue party with some of my friends ( yes i will cut down on beer too ) and watch the phins games like i said in a calm way...

Yup......UNTIL.....................................We play the stinking jets...

But i have the solution for that already.......

I will make sure i throw down a few coronas right before the game......so i can be relaxed and not take it so hard if we happen to lose against gangreen.

PS. On that monday night miracle i did not have a heartattack because it just wasn't my time to go yet....

Date: June 06, 2012 05:44AM

Iam through punching the walls in my house..........Luckily they are made of drywall.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 06, 2012 07:01AM

I wouldn't put it past the heat to win the last two games.

Both series had the road team winning game five to give them a chance to close out their upsets at home in game 6.

I get the feeling the thunder won that series already.

I don't get that feeling with the celtics.

I just want heat fans to explain one thing for me...wtf is up with the D-wade post game interviews wearing the dork glasses with no lenses?

When did the Urkel look become fashionable?

Date: June 06, 2012 07:11AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I just want heat fans to explain one thing for
> me...wtf is up with the D-wade post game
> interviews wearing the dork glasses with no
> lenses?
>
> When did the Urkel look become fashionable?

How about the other fools doing the same thing?

I don't know whats the purpose other than to look foolish.

Date: June 06, 2012 07:19AM

And he also has a knack for wearing the dumb coat and bow tie in flashing colors....

every time i see him with that bow tie on he reminds me of keith askins and his weird looking bow tie.

about urkel.........

Urkel could play BBall too....at least he could dribble some.....He was probably better than keith askins anyway.....

Keith askins made like 11 triples or something like that in one game.....Thats about the only good thing i remember about him...>He stunk in every other game..

I used to call him " the wrecking crew "

He could mess up a game like nobody else.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: June 06, 2012 08:31PM

I still think it goes seven games. Of course, I thought the WCF would go seven as well. The heat have their backs against the wall, maybe they will play with more intensity in the first three quarters (cough, cough, DWade). I have a feeling LeBron goes off in this game, win or lose.

Date: June 07, 2012 03:38AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> I still think it goes seven games. Of course, I
> thought the WCF would go seven as well. The heat
> have their backs against the wall, maybe they will
> play with more intensity in the first three
> quarters (cough, cough, DWade). I have a feeling
> LeBron goes off in this game, win or lose.

Lebron took the 3rd quarter off in this last game. He didnt shoot for a while there all he did was pass. The big 3 need to play with intensity for 4 quarters to win or else they are done this year. I don't think they understand that.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 07, 2012 09:13AM

I think the Thunder might be hard to beat in the finals. With a young team, the main thing the opponent has on its behalf is the factor where they are liable to get over-deflated in troubled times.

But the Thunder was down 2 games to nothing and came back to win four straight.

But that's only a small part of it. Time and time again, they came back during the course of those individual games from large deficits to not only close the gap but win.

When you add this confidence with youth, it's a hard combination to beat.

Date: June 07, 2012 09:20AM

Chren IMO if the heat miracously get past the celts, they will not beat the thunder.

The thunder have players coming of the bench that can start for the heat.....Especially that player with the weird looking beird who won the 6th man of the year award this year or last year....

Lebron wade and bosh will have to play out of this world and heavy minutes in order for them to beat the thunder.

They might be exausted if they happen to beat the celts by the time the finals start.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 08, 2012 02:13AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Whoever wins tonight goes to the finals.
>
> I think it will be a blowout for Miami. Getting
> beat by Indy twice-in-a-row woke them up for that
> series. I think they wake up BIG TIME tonight.

Ok, I was a game off. I knew the Heat had it in them!

Date: June 08, 2012 04:02AM

The heat and lebron woke up in this game..............Can they keep it up on saturday?

It reminds me of Dr Jekill And mR Hyde.

One game they are all world...The next game they play like chumps.

Magic hit the nail on the head i believe when he said the celtics legs are tired...And it showed bigtime yesterday.

If the celtics lose saturday night....they will dismantle that team. IMO this is their last run.

Date: June 08, 2012 04:03AM

Better said...Even if they go to the finals they will dismantle the celts. They are just too old.

Date: June 08, 2012 04:32AM

montequi this is what i posted on heat.com

Topic.....THis is why spolstra needs to go...............

Why?

Listen up..

10 seconds left in the first quarter....

Boston had a foul to give.....

Wade dribbles the ball and wastes 7 seconds instead of driving in and getting fouled....Because you need to get fouled quick in order to have more time to shoot when you get the ball inbounds right?

Well Players are tired and need direction IMO it was not wades fault....

So what happens ...............?

wade waits 8 seconds drives in and gets fouled with 2 seconds left on the clock...By the time they inbound the ball there was like 1 second left therefore bad shot and no points.

remember and remember good.............as long as spolstra is the heats head coach the miami heat will never win a championship.

Why...?

Because our coach or coaches are lost......

We are winning on pure talent. If lebron wasn't on this team we would had been eliminated already.

GO HEAT.

Date: June 08, 2012 05:02AM

also posted this....

EDIT TO ADD MORE>....Because you need to score as many points as you can to win a game right? Why would you throw a possetion like that to the gutters....when you know its going to come down to one possesion........

It didnt came down to one possession last night but it sure has come to that many many times before.

Iam standing up in front of the dam TV at 10 oclock at night talking to the dam TV...And going you freaking fool spolstra and cursing the hell out of him...

My wife just finished watching the dam spanish soap opera in the living room.....Comes to the bedroom and tell me shut the tv down honey.....

In my mind i go STFU B!ATCH and let me watch the game.....IN MY MIND you know....In reality i go.........Sure sweetie just give me a couple of minutes to finish watching the game....

So she goes to sleep and i finished watching the game. I slept like a baby last night.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 08, 2012 06:49AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Better said...Even if they go to the finals they
> will dismantle the celts. They are just too old.

Yeah. Win, lose, or draw, the C's roster is being purged after the season is over.

Date: June 08, 2012 06:58AM

montequi Wrote:

>
> Ok, I was a game off. I knew the Heat had it in
> them!

You mean LeBron had it in HIM. But you tell me, I had to miss the game last night, so I'm not fully qualified to say that--but everything I've read or heard said LeBron carried the entire team and was completely unstoppable last night.

I only caught the last few minutes on the radio. The local Boston announcers didn't have much positive to say, but they said (and I heard, from crowd noise) that the fans who stayed for the end were on their feet for the last few minutes of the game chanting the standard "Let's go Celtics" nonstop. Not for this game, which was over long before, but for the upcoming game 7. Cedric Maxwell, former player and current announcer (obviously a homer) declared that no other NBA fans would do this for their team while they were getting their butts handed to them this badly. Maybe that's because no other team could get their butts beaten that badly in the first place, but his point was the fans were still cheering, not booing.

It made me think of our own Dolphins fans..if we are getting beaten badly at home, are our hometown fans on their feet cheering for the Phins? Or are we booing and cursing them?

Date: June 08, 2012 07:02AM

quote JC....You mean LeBron had it in HIM. But you tell me, I had to miss the game last night, so I'm not fully qualified to say that--but everything I've read or heard said LeBron carried the entire team and was completely unstoppable last night.

Yup he did it all JC...He even got like 14 rebounds...he did not get a triple double because how can he get any assists when he passed the ball everybody misses.....And he did pass the ball 2.

The announcer was even saying lebron was an unselfish superstar.

Date: June 08, 2012 07:03AM

Jc he started the game 11 for 12 or something like that. He had 30 by halftime............................ scored 45 for the game.....and 14 boards i believe double double.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 07:05AM by samsam3738.

Date: June 08, 2012 07:34PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> I still think it goes seven games. Of course, I
> thought the WCF would go seven as well. The heat
> have their backs against the wall, maybe they will
> play with more intensity in the first three
> quarters (cough, cough, DWade). I have a feeling
> LeBron goes off in this game, win or lose.

I have to pat myself on the back. I had a feeling Lebron would come ready for this one. I am expecting a good performance from LeBron, which means a great performance by any other players standards, and a great performance from DWade. I think DWade will be the star of game 7 and the Heat prevail. Boston is tired and they won't win unless Pierce and Allen can combine for at least 30 points plus KG playing like his legs aren't dead.

Date: June 09, 2012 04:04AM

yup dolphin1423 at least you are positive about it.

As far as me iam not putting my hopes up anymore and then have it all come down crashing on my face just like last year.

I still have a bad feeling about tonight . And i hope iam wrong.

Date: June 09, 2012 07:53AM

This is going to be tough for me. I would want the Heat to win. But I would feel better rooting for the Thunder over Boston than over the Heat. The Heat were my team before the Thunder came to OKC.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 09, 2012 06:32PM

Yeaahhhhhh!!! Bout to take a couple shots of Crown Royal!!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: June 10, 2012 02:42AM

I want to apologize to the heat for doubting them...

YESSSSS

Now on to another wekk of headage and high blood pressure.

GO HEAT...

PS I always said we aint getting nowhere without bosh.

Date: June 10, 2012 03:49PM

So now Heat vs. Thunder.

Good news for Heat: Thunder have no low post scoring threat like KG or Hibbert. Low post scoring is the Heats biggest defensive weakness. The Heat should be able to trap the ball handler on pick and rolls without worrying as much about the roll man (unless its Durant). Also, Perkins is pretty much worthless in this series, same as the SA series. Perkins is a good man post defender, which doesn't help because the Heat don't pound the low post. Perkins is an average rebounding big man and average shot blocker. Heat should have the advantage whenever Perkins is on the floor. Whoever Perkins guards should be the pick man because Perkins doesn't move well enough to guard pick and rolls/pick and pops. Plus, Perkins crowds the floor since he has no range to his shot. So with no Perkins, OKC will play Ibaka, shot blocker extraordinaire, which is fine because he will matchup against Bosh/Haslem. Bosh/Haslem should be able to pull Ibaka away from the hoop because of their ability to hit mid range shots thus negating a good bit of Ibaka's shot blocking ability.

Bad news or Heat: Well the Heat actually match up quite well against the Thunder. The only real bad news as far as matchups go is that they have to play against Durant, Westbrook, and Harden at the same time. The fact that Durant and Harden are good 3 point shooters is what makes them so dangerous. Closeouts will be key. For crunchtime, I'd guess Bron takes Durant, Wade takes Westbrook, and Battier takes Harden. Chalmers will take Sef or Fish and Bosh takes Ibaka. Get ready for small ball all over the place. Too much athleticism for either team to try to play bigger and the benefits of playing bigger aren't really there since neither team has the dominant big man to pound the ball inside.

Bottomline: The Heat hold a slight matchup advantage and it comes down to who turns the ball over less. Since the Heat excel at creating turnovers and OKC, at least in the regular season, turned the ball over quite a bit, I am predicting Heat in 6.

You guys agree or not? I'm sure Chyren, as an OKC fan, will have some input here.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 10, 2012 04:01PM

Would be amazing!!!

But, I have OKC in 6

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: June 10, 2012 04:35PM

Hmmmmmmm. Can't say that I have much of an argument against any of your points. We certainly are not for low post scoring. I worry more about the offensive charges than the traps.

Ibaka is certainly not the ONLY good shot blocker on the team, we have that in abundance.

As far as bad news for the Heat is concerned, Harden can be a curse for us as well as a blessing. He the least "team player" on the team. He takes the whole offense on to himself sometimes. Sometimes it turns out great, like the saving 3 pointer in the last SA game but sometimes he wastes a valuable opportunity to score with a well guarded low percentage shot.

I'd have to see the first game to predict the series.

I just don't know.

Like I said above, one thing is for sure, the Thunder will never be defeated by reason of their giving up when behind by a lot unless it truly is too late because there's no enough time in the fourth quarter.

Date: June 10, 2012 04:38PM

Both teams truly earned their place in the final series. It is going to be fun to watch.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: June 10, 2012 05:43PM

Heat in 7 for their second Championship.

Date: June 10, 2012 06:40PM

One more thing, this will be the best defense that OKC has faced in the playoffs. The Heat have already seen better defense from Boston than anything OKC can do, at least consistently.

A&O, why the confidence in OKC or lack of confidence in the Heat?

Chyren I am interested in seeing the first game as well to see how each team comes out. Things to watch for in the first game would be, like I said before, if OKC turns the ball over it will create easy fast break points for the Heat. Also, OKC uses more iso than the Heat. OKC is going to need to pass well this series because I can guarantee that the Heat will be trapping Westbrook and Durant off picks. Passing isn't really a strong point of OKC so that is another thing to watch for. Which is surprising to most people because the perception is that OKC is this great, unselfish collection of premier talent. While they may be unselfish in sharing isolation plays, they aren't unselfish in moving the ball a lot like Boston.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.