HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          MANNING MEETING PHINS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MANNING MEETING PHINS
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:00AM

drinking smiley TODAY spinning smiley sticking its tongue out as reported by NFL NETWORK.

Lets all kneel in the TEBOW POSE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MANNING MEETING PHINS
Date: March 12, 2012 04:07AM

He has to at least show that respect. Not to even meet with us would have been F***ed up. But If he passes on us over Broncos, I gotta think we have a Problem. And that Problem is Irlend.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:03AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:12AM

Ross isn't to football savvy himself. He makes himself look desperate.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:17AM

I heard the opposite. He is done with his meetings. So he won't meet with us. good riddance, i guess he knows meeting with those ass clowns ross and ireland would be a waste of time.

Now it's on to the "who can overpay matt flynn" sweepstakes. If we lose that, it's "we better trade UP for ryan Tannehill" contest. Boy this gets better and better. Go phins!!

Date: March 12, 2012 06:02AM

I hope Manning sucks and Tebow leads Jacksonville to the playoffs.

Elway would be fired. Lol

Anywho, we better land Flynn or we are screwed.

---------------------

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:22AM

Some degree of perspective would be prudent in this case…

First of all, since Manning hit the market no one from our org has said a thing about wanting him etc. So there’s no reason to believe he is the solution we’re targeting.

I have been in the Flynn camp for a while and I was very much against going after Manning. There are also a number of decent NFL minds who think Flynn is a better option for Philbin and the Miami Dolphins.

If Manning is looking for “his offense” to be installed and to act as the OC on the field, then maybe he’s not the right fit? In addition he’s OLD and coming off a career threatening neck injury – and no one knows for sure how sound he is to begin with.

The folks acting “desperate” are a number of Miami fans IMO.

Date: March 12, 2012 06:41AM

I agree with him most likely not bein the right fit.

---------------------

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:53AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 09:24AM

ON THE PHONE..... angry smiley WTF!! MANNING will only speak with PHINS- ON THE PHONE???!!! YES thats right, unbeliveable!!!angry smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 09:28AM

and now he's going to visit houston. this is getting embarassing. the phins should show some dignity and say "thanks anyway and good luck with your nerve regeneration"
but I am sure they will call him and grovel, while he catches his flight to visit the texans

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: March 12, 2012 09:42AM

As usual, BNF is the voice of reason.

I made a post awhile back that signing Manning would be detrimental to a new coach, etc.. The media circus that has gone on over the past week is nuts. Not condusive to a first time head coach installing HIS philosophy on the organization.

Date: March 12, 2012 10:06AM

Mortenson just reported thatManning will meet with Philbin only and away from the facility.

I have a feeling he is only doin this to save face.

---------------------

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:10AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mortenson just reported thatManning will meet with
> Philbin only and away from the facility.
>
> I have a feeling he is only doin this to save
> face.

Based on Ireland and Ross' track records for closing deals on guys they really want, and the universal praise given Philbin, this is probably a good thing for us.

Date: March 12, 2012 10:34AM

At this point it really does look like the media in general has an hot poker up their ass about the Dolphins and are seemingly going out of there way to discredit the franchise. Granted we’ve done some of that on our own, but the constant BS about the supposed “insiders” knowing we’re losing out on our #1 guy (Manning) is a bit over the top.

IMO its ALL 100% unsubstantiated rumor at this point and the media idiots are tripping all over themselves regurgitating the SOS over and over – as if they have the Miami Dolphin offices bugged…

At a certain point it’s just a CIRCUS and at least Ross and Ireland & Philbin have stayed away from it. If Manning doesn’t want to play in Miami, for whatever reason, that by itself doesn’t PROVE the franchise is in a nuclear meltdown.

And at this point I’m more about SUPPORTING Philbin and giving the dude a legit shot at installing HIS PROGRAM and bringing in players that fit his spec. So if Manning isn’t the right guy it’s just purely coincidental all this crap started based on Manning landing in a plane in Miami.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:41AM

THis is far from over, if he was so certain about Denver or Ariz, he wouldnt be meeting with anyone else... Manning and his agent are orchestrating this frenzy....

What does it say that Manning is meeting with Philbin rather then Ireland and Ross..... Ouch.........to me it says, i dont want to deal with the boss or the GM on this, and would rather talk to the newest guy in the franchises with the shortest tenure and least connection with the organization, ouch..... I hear Manning had Punter Brandon Fields, as the next guy on the list to meet if Philbin couldnt make it....lol.. Ireland and Ross were far down the line, with even the 12 year old ball boy ahead of them on the list of getting a meeting with Peyton...

Date: March 12, 2012 10:48AM

Date: March 12, 2012 10:52AM

I am just kidding couldnt resist.....

I actually think this is probably a good approach.. Neither Ireland nor Ross are the guy to reach Manning...
Philbin has the best reputation out of them of being a great guy and down to earth.. That is a reputation that neither Ireland nor Ross have attached to them, So sending Philbin in, a family man, who just lost his son a few months ago trajically, and relocated his family from the midwest to Miami.... Considered a brilliant offensive mind... Philbin is probably the right guy to send in, to connect and try and close the deal with Manning.... I agree with the choice, somebody is thinking... Elway, WHisenhut, connected with Manning, lets hope our Coach can do the same... Although I still think we are the favorites for some odd reason...

Date: March 12, 2012 11:00AM

According to football people (coaches, players, execs), Philbin's approach is eerily similar to Tony Dungy.

So, for what it's worth......

---------------------

Date: March 12, 2012 11:05AM

As I think about it, Philbin is very soft spoken like Manning's old coach TOny Dungy, similar personalities....
DO you remember Tony Dungy, trajically lost his son, at around the same age of Philbins son....
Peyton and Dungy went on to win a Superbowl together shortly after the trajic loss of Dungy's son....

Date: March 12, 2012 11:06AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> According to football people (coaches, players,
> execs), Philbin's approach is eerily similar to
> Tony Dungy.
>
>
> So, for what it's worth......

I was thinking the same thing..

Date: March 12, 2012 12:13PM

Ross has to feel like a complete douchbag that Manning doesnt even want to talk to him and he is the boss of this "company".

Ross is being made to look like an idiot. Can you imagine how he feels? What a turd Ross is.

If I was Ross, I would give Manning the middle finger and move on.

---------------------

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 12, 2012 12:33PM

So whose side or you on, A & O? Ross's or Peyton's?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 12, 2012 01:25PM

To be honest guys. I'd want to talk to the coach before anyone else. The coach is the guy with the system and he's also the guy you are going to be potentially working hand in hand with. As a QB knowing what the coach wants, expects, and what his approach is to the game and making things happen is very important. The owner has very little to say in all of this and the job of the GM is to ensure the long term vision, health, and viability of the team...Manning more than likely dosen't care about those things because he knows he won't be here for that. He'll want to talk to Ireland if and when he gets past Philbin.

Too bad he shouldn't be provided with the luxury of waiting...him or Flynn, first guy to sign is our QB.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 12, 2012 02:02PM

Yeah, I'm against signing Peyton but I see nothing wrong with him wanting to talk to the coach first and even if he only wants to talk to the Coach.

If he doesn't want to come, telling the coach shows he has class (which I will always think Peyton has...the utmost of class).

If he is thinking about coming, he wants to know the nitty-gritty of the team. You can't learn that talking to the fat-ass owner
(no politically incorrect taunts meant, I'm fat myself). That shows dedication to getting the job done.

All in all we should just chill as fans and see how this plays out.

In the end, Peyton owes the number one obligation to himself and his family. We need not go psycho because of what he ultimately decides to do and how long he takes to do it.

And I'd like this opportunity to speak a little for myself and say that despite how much I DON'T WANT us to sign Peyton, I think Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks and most classy persons to ever play in the National Football League and my concerns about him are solely about his health and not either his ability, talent, or character.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 02:10PM

Good post, chyren. I agree on every point.

Date: March 12, 2012 02:33PM

I dont think Ross cares, I think what probably across the wires, is that he was really impressed with the plans of Elway and Wisenhut, and contracts were never talked about. Just the football plan of the team... He wants to hear the coaches plan, and see if it matches up and believes in its likelihood of success... I honestly think this is best case scenario, Ross and Ireland our liabilities in this deal, IMO... Philbins isnt at this point, so he is our best guy... Supposedly his strong suit is football strategy and game plans... I think Philbin could have a better game plan and strategy then Elway and Wisenhut, and come across as a great guy to work with or under to Manning... I dont think Ross or Ireland would give Manning that same warm and fuzzy feeling.... If Philbin pulls it off, Ross is a big boy, nothing makes a boss feel better then when his employee step ups and makes him look good.. Ireland cant micromange it, like he attempts to do with everything in the past, Philbin is on his own, which is great....

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 12, 2012 02:47PM

Well, the way I look at this is....if he signs with Miami, great; if not, so be it.

I would like to have Peyton on the Dolphins, but if his health isn't good, then what did that accomplish? It's a mighty big chance all these teams are taking.

I'm still not real confident in Miami's Plan B (Flynn). I guess it would come down to dollars.

If not Flynn, then I would gamble and take Tannehill (if he is still there). I would not trade up for him, unless Miami only has to give up a 3rd rounder or later.

Date: March 12, 2012 02:53PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2012 03:01PM

captkoi Wrote:

>
> I'm still not real confident in Miami's Plan B
> (Flynn). I guess it would come down to dollars.
>

Omar Kelly is saying that he hears it's going to take $27M in the first 2 years of the contract to get Flynn.

No thank you. Not for a guy with an average arm, who has started 16 football games in the last 8 years.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.