HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          if we don't get manning
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
if we don't get manning
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 07:36PM

in some sense I'd say consider ourselves lucky. rather than hitch our wagon to an injured player who teams seem to be afraid to ask to wrk out, and who at most would be playing 2-3 more years, let's have a QB who will work for our coach rather than the other way around. If we bring in flynn, at least we can build our team the right way rather than with a bunch of older player bandaids manning would want around (wayne, clark, etc.) If flynn bombs then we probably are in position to get barkley or jones next year, didn't cost us any picks just cap space. if he turns out to be a good player, then we've got all our draft picks let's start building for the future--need to add some pass rush, lineman, maybe some additional DBs, LBs, WRs, but not in need to a total overhaul if we get a good pass rusher and another good RT or RG.
I say screw manning if he doesn't even want to meet with us. Move along then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: if we don't get manning
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: March 11, 2012 10:39PM

With our luck Flynn would win us 6 games, enough to suck and miss the playoffs and enough to miss out on Barkley.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:53PM

razorghost Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With our luck Flynn would win us 6 games, enough
> to suck and miss the playoffs and enough to miss
> out on Barkley.

In that case, we could go after Brees. This time next year, he'll probably be ready to move out of New Orleans. At least giving Flynn a shot would not be that long term detrimental to the organization, we've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 12, 2012 02:49AM

Just read multiple tweets that Manning won't decide by the start of FA tomorrow (he originally planned on deciding before the start @ 4pm), I hope we don't get an interview now. All along i've been afraid of chasing Manning to no avail and missing out on Flynn. Hoping/praying we sign Flynn now, if for no other reason it will keep Ross from entertaining the thought of trading for Tebow.

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: March 12, 2012 03:09AM

If Manning goes to Denver, then Tebow will be traded to Jax.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:12AM

Forget Flynn Draft Kirk Cousins in the second round. I think he is better than Tannyfanny.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:48AM

Flynn will wait for the Manning situation to play itself out. He's be stupid not to. You want as many teams in the bidding as possible. At this point, the only sure team after Flynn is Cleveland. Seattle is a possibility. And obviously, Miami is if they don't land Manning. But, Flynn will wait out Miami's decision. He has to. Without Miami, he may only have one team after him, and then he will have no negotiating power.

Date: March 12, 2012 05:18AM

manning made our decision already--he's not going to meet any more teams, so how is he going to sign here?? moving on to plan C....

Date: March 12, 2012 05:31AM

Date: March 12, 2012 05:36AM

agreed. move on from manning. we need to get people here who WANT to be here, not who we need to embarrass ourselves and BEG to come play with us.
Let's move on, give matt flynn a shot, keep all of our draft picks and start building a real team here. Let Philbin and Sherman try it their way, without having Payton come in and be the true coach.
I have moved on from Manning. Good luck to him in Denver. I hope that nerve heals up good.

Date: March 12, 2012 05:41AM

I agree about moving on from Manning Berk, but that tweet from Omar is stating "Tebow is not happening in Miami"......that's the really good news!

Date: March 12, 2012 06:00AM

omar has no more inside scoop than me or you--the first news he breaks will be the first. however, I hope he is right---anyone with a brain would know that trading for tebow would be the absolute worst football move we could make---of course, do the clowns running this team have a brain? TBD...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:08AM

Yeah, Omar thinks Tannehill is the real deal. eye rolling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:21AM

Some degree of perspective would be prudent in this case…

First of all, since Manning hit the market no one from our org has said a thing about wanting him etc. So there’s no reason to believe he is the solution we’re targeting.

I have been in the Flynn camp for a while and I was very much against going after Manning. There are also a number of decent NFL minds who think Flynn is a better option for Philbin and the Miami Dolphins.

If Manning is looking for “his offense” to be installed and to act as the OC on the field, then maybe he’s not the right fit? In addition he’s OLD and coming off a career threatening neck injury – and no one knows for sure how sound he is to begin with.

The folks acting “desperate” are a number of Miami fans IMO.

Date: March 12, 2012 06:40AM

Ummmmm....it is widely regarded an reported that Stephen Ross wanted an "all out" approach to getting Peyton Manning.

But what happened, is Peyton Manning wanted nothing to do with us. He shunned us. Gave us the cold shoulder. Wouldn't even give us an opportunity to speak to him.

---------------------

Date: March 12, 2012 06:41AM

i am glad manning stiffed us. he was never going to sign here so at least he didn't get our hopes up, give ireland/ross the chance to embarrass themselves and us as fans at the meeting, and lets us start FA tomorrow with full attention on Flynn.

Date: March 12, 2012 06:46AM

But what it did was put more shame on our franchise. Most football fans believe he was a lock here, so they are going to believe we are idiots, fools, and our organization is in the dumps.

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:53AM

If Tebow goes to Jax, what happens to Blaine Gabbert. Maybe we could trade for him?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:56AM

That's not substantiated fact, tho it could be partially true.

None of us know for sure what’s really going on in our orgs decision making process and how much Ross is willing to let the football minds decide and get the QB Philbin wants as opposed to the answer Ross wants. Like I said weeks ago, this stuff had to be discussed at the time Philbin was interviewing… And it’s quite possible they had a different plan than Manning all along. I mean Flynn still makes a LOT more sense from a number of angles – provided Philbin believes the kid is the answer.

As far a Manning goes, no one knows what his decision process is, or if he has certain “conditions” some teams just aren’t interested in (like running his offense). But the basic facts are hard to ignore, and he’s old and recovering from a injury that might end his career. Maybe he’s good to go for another 5 years? But it wouldn’t shock most of us if he breaks down again in the near future.

All I’m saying is that is premature to make conclusions right now. By this time next week it will be a different story. Or maybe in a few days.

Bottom line. We have to HOPE that Ireland and Philbin have this shit under control, and Ross is letting them do the work in putting the plan together and making it happen. If it becomes obvious we’ve screwed the pooch again, I think the fallout would end Ross’s ownership (effectively). So there’s a LOT riding on this and I expect positive results.

BNF.

Date: March 12, 2012 07:10AM

news leaked out about ross's infactuation with manning. where there is smoke there is fire. you never heard this crap coming out of any other team, except the ones that actually had meetings with him. so yes we look stupid, again.

Date: March 12, 2012 07:15AM

Our franchise is an embarrassment on a national level.

To publicly desire someOne so bad, them that person not even give you an interview???

Rejection. Embarrassment.

---------------------

Date: March 12, 2012 08:24AM

exactly.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:18AM

Cousins is horrible, write it down. mark it in a book. We don't want him

Date: March 13, 2012 08:20AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cousins is horrible, write it down. mark it in a
> book. We don't want him

And you are????! Just saying..........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.