HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Spygate has to burn even more now.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Spygate has to burn even more now.
Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:27PM

the NFL destryoed the tapes....so no-one knows for sure how much the cheating contributed to the Belicheat/Brady Superbowls wins(*)

But losing in the Superbowl....again....sure makes it look like they can't win the big game without cheating.

The facts are....they routinely video taped opponents to steal info ( aka. cheated)....and they won the SB 3 times prior to being caught....and they have made it there twice since they got caught....and they lost.

All close games...but it looks more and more like the cheating gave them enough of an edge to win.

SOOOO HAPPPY to see this run coming to its end. Yeah they have draft picks...but they have had extra picks for the last five years...and I see the talent diminishing. Once Tom Terrific is done...they can use their picks looking for the next guy...and Belicheat will likely sail on...and they can start their carousel of coaches, the 3 year impatience,using draft picks on guys that don't pan out.

Also looking forward to the end of the zebra advantage where refs look the other way when Pats hold, interfere, push-off, etc.

But what I love the most? The '*' that will be attached to their Superbowls in the minds of many!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spygate has to burn even more now.
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:47PM

First of all, it was hard to tell who the bigger Lady was after the game. It seems Gazelle, or whatever her name, is quite sensitive about defending her bitch, oops – I mean Tommy Lady. Haha. Get a spanking all the way home!

The cheats were gifted yet again just to make it to the Stupid Bowl, and had no business having home field in the AFC let alone getting yet another critical call (i.e., the TD catch that was ruled a dropsy) and free pass to Indy. Truth is, the county is collectively sick of their classless prissy fixed flag football – but it is SO FUN to watch the Lady fall down like the pathetic athlete she is – when she gets touched by one of those nasty DL types…

We need to beat their ass next year and do our part to make sure they don’t back into another home field advantage and easy prissy invite to the dance. I’m OK with going 2-14 as long as both our wins are against the cheats and we end the Lady’s career.

I mean seriously, some bitches don’t know when their time is over…

BNF. And smiling.

Date: February 06, 2012 04:45PM

I didn't think anyone out there felt quite as strongly as I do...you summed it up nicely.

I can't wait until I don't have to see that weasely face bitching at a ref because someone actually touched him.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 07, 2012 04:36AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't think anyone out there felt quite as
> strongly as I do...you summed it up nicely.
>
> I can't wait until I don't have to see that
> weasely face bitching at a ref because someone
> actually touched him.

Oh put me right up there too. Don't forget I live amongst their Tommy-can-do-no-wrong fans.

Date: February 07, 2012 05:28AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 07, 2012 05:35AM

So they are good enough to win the AFC without cheating but not the super bowl?

C'mon....

Date: February 07, 2012 05:53AM

I don't see HOW you can say they actually "won" the AFC this year, or for that matter, default to the chuck and duck tuck rule et cetera.

But let's just stick to the facts - a TD was caught with possession and two feet down but...oops, no TD allowed. I mean, isn't that a tad ironic considering the cheats tainted past???

How many times during their "run" did they get EVERY CRITICAL CALL on PI, holding, too many cameras on the field, and I could go on and on... It was so predictable it was hilarious. Not.

Not to mention the scheduling every year (what a joke that is) and the way they just backed into home field and...

I forget the game, but Lady threw an INT and was wondering around the field like a crack head during the return - one of the D players bumped into Lady and he fell down go boom, and sure enough the Ref threw a flag for "not treating her like a Lady."

It's PAT-thetic.

I didn't watch a single a play of the Stupid Bowl because I have ZERO interest in the sham...

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 05:55AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: February 07, 2012 07:20AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So they are good enough to win the AFC without
> cheating but not the super bowl?
>
> C'mon....

OUCH. eye rolling smiley No one hates the Pats more them me but......thats a good point.

Date: February 07, 2012 07:51AM

Who says they're still NOT cheating?

ya gotta get caught to have proof...

Bottom line, the cheating crap is a stain on that franchise that isn't going away. And they are collectively despised across the country for being classless cheaters et cetera.

No one made this shit up. It's fact.

And that's my opinion.

BNF.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:53AM

Please never leave the board, BNF. That's for your post prior to the last one. You really should be paid by someone.

Date: February 07, 2012 09:05AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 09:43AM

Good thread....I like it.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:14AM

I also did not watch the Super Bowl. My son asked me why. I told him its because I 100% can't stand the Patriots, Brady and the crap calls they get game in and game out. Pisses me off to the level that it's unhealthy.

I ended up watching like 6 straight hours of WWI documentaries. If you have any questions on the Austro-Hungarian empire, trench warefare, or the sinking of the Lusitania, please ask away.

Date: February 07, 2012 10:23AM

I always wished I was Hungarian. Their empire must have been filled with happy ladies...

So what was the final score of the war?

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 07, 2012 10:54AM

I dated a girl from Hungary. I was a happy lad (for awhile)

WWI final Score:
Allies 24
Bad Guys 10

The allies never actually invaded Germany. The war just ended when Germany gave up. The Kaiser never admitted defeat. Who knows what would have happened if New England had sided with Germany. Perhaps the refs would have called roughly the QB when no one is near Brady, the tuck rule, a non-existent interference call, ghost holding, etc. Ocktoberfest would have replaced Thanksgiving

Date: February 07, 2012 11:20AM

LOL.

We can only be thankful the evil empire was defeated and
Germany went back to making schnitzel.

Date: February 07, 2012 03:38PM

LMAO!

wow...I bet he was jealous of JT when he was Dancing with the Stars.

Date: February 07, 2012 03:44PM

Well...keep in mind...they got there because Lee Evans didn't secure the ball and....

because the Patriot scoreboard operator kept the down indicator one down behind ( I call that cheating) and the kicker and ST coach didn't realize what down it was and rushed the whole thing. sure the kicker could have called a time-out...but he was probably thinking oh crap! I am a dead man. evidence that it was a deliberate Cheariot ploy? Why didn't Belicheat call a timeout to 'freeze the kicker' like he usually does? Because he wanted him to be frazzled and rushed.

Aside from that...every SB they have been in has been close. the difference between wining and losing at that level is very close. A little cheating goes a long way!

Date: February 07, 2012 03:51PM

Wow, this thread has been healthy. Get out some of that bad shit stuck in there.

I don't know about you...but...even if the Patriots continue to do well because of stockpiled picks....I will be happy to see an end of the Brady era....and am so happy that I can slap that asterisk on everything he and Belicheat accomplished.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 07, 2012 04:01PM

obviously I am no pats fan but come on guys, their sustained level of excellence surpasses even our own teams in the 70s and 80s. To say that this is all due to "cheating" really sounds like sour grapes to me. gotta give credit where it's due----they have been damn impressive since 2001.

Date: February 07, 2012 06:21PM

I’m “impressed” in the same way when in the woods and I find a huge pile of shit that can only be Sasquatch shit, and I know there’s no way to “prove” its Sasquatch shit, but nonetheless I’m impressed.

BNF. And LOL.

PS: and how can YOU possibly compare the legacy of the Miami Dolphins, in their Glory Days, and the sustained EXCELLENCE and CLASS under the Don for 25+ years to the grimy sleaze weasel infestation of Billygoat and the Lady?

I mean…come on, some of us remember what a real football player is, and the cheats main babe ain’t NO FOOTBALL PLAYER. Maybe a great pole dancer, or a panties model, or a fabulous example of how a state-of-the-art sex change operation can turn out, but NOT A REAL FOOTBALL PLAYER.

My opinion of course. And that’s a fact!

Date: February 08, 2012 04:37PM

let's see.

there was the year they were lucky to get to the SB with the tuck rule.

the year where they got in because Jay Fiedler couldn't hit a wide open WR to move the chains and kill the clock

the year of the phantom Pass interference.

The FACT that they videotaped the Steelers and the Rams

The 'allegation' that they had their DL wearing Microphones so they could pick up audibles and sync it to tape and make some 'excellent' half-time adjustments.

The FACT that they had camera-men in illegal spots to film defensive signals.

Let's not forget the NFL aiding and abetting. During their perfect regular season run? I went through each and every game. IN the last 12 games they were flagged for Offensive Holding exactly ZERO times! zero Holding penalties in 12 games! WTF?! That was the league LOVING the ratings and wanting to create a spectacle. NO DOUBT in my ind that the ref's were told to keep their flags in their pockets when it came to the Pats OL.

You know how they say that the visible part of the iceberg is only 10% of the actual iceberg?

Bill Belicheat is really good at cheating...and I doubt he got caught on 'everything'. There is a reason the NFL DESTROYED!!! all the tapes. I am completely comfortable asserting that he only got nailed for 10% of the cheating he did.

Just think how many times we were 1 FG, or 1 first down away from winning games. That's all it takes in this modern parity league. Just a little edge.

And so...with all of that in mind....I concede that they are good. That they are excellent at times....but that they also got a little help when they needed it.

Date: February 08, 2012 04:48PM

The key point is - you only have to impact a FEW critical plays to alter and/or impact the games outcome. ***Most recent classic example is the TD pass ruled incomplete against the Ravens. We ALL KNOW if that situation was reversed and say Welkie caught the ball it would have been ruled a TD. End of story...

Players around the league have serious issues with the "business model" employed by the cheats and they've been vocal about it - but you can only say so much and then you're on the leagues black-ball list and big fine$ etc.

All of this is similar but WAY WORSE and a thousand times more obvious than the accusations that Shula used to get "favoritism" because he was on the rules committee. But yea, in his prime the Don did intimidate Refs and use his stature in Miami's advantage.

But the incessant garbage Billygoat has used, and Kraft's threat to pull the team out of NE (which ironically was rewarded with Lombardi trophy's and a new stadium) is atomic shit bomb by comparison.

My opinion.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 04:51PM by BigNastyFish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.