HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ricky Williams retires..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ricky Williams retires..........
Date: February 07, 2012 04:58PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ricky Williams retires..........
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 07, 2012 06:24PM

Oh boy, I guess he's smoking the herb again. And Parcells is the last person he should be texting.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 07, 2012 06:32PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 07, 2012 08:16PM

Good luck to him! There can't be a more complex character in the history of the league. I mean if there's one player too complex to describe in a single sentence (which his critics have no problem trying to do by reducing him to some lame joke or diss regarding his marijuana use) it's Ricky Williams. Ricky was a truly great running back to watch. He had legitimate issues with anxiety disorder and kept smoking weed because he struggled immensely with it. That doesn't make it right, but that's a large part of what went on with him. I know it's cliche' when people talk about self-medicating, but that's exactly what happened with him. He wasn't some wanna-be gangster smoking weed and going to strip clubs walking around like he was the $h!t.

He is extremely articulate and thoughtful and sure has grown up a lot over the years. He was extremely isolationist when he was at his worst and was in really bad shape during those years he went AWOL from the NFL; look no further than the 30-30 they did on him "Run Ricky Run" to see an example of that. He had a lot of demons and made a lot of mistakes but I enjoyed watching every minute of him while he was in a Dolphins uniform. It's a shame his career wasn't everything it could have been but I'm proud to have him as a fixture in the history of our team. He certainly was one of the most physically dominant and punishing runners I had ever watched play the game.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:54AM

Good luck to him but if we put him in the ring of honor I'll puke.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 08, 2012 03:49PM

I see another failed test coming in the next few days.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 08, 2012 04:21PM

he'll be back in 2012. ricky is nothing if not impulsive and inconsitent

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:05PM

I really admire Ricky in an artistic way... And the dude could carry the rock with the best of them in his prime...

Amazing physical specimen and obviously way too deep for the NFL in so many ways. But I really believe he's a class kid and could do some impressive things in a new life. Or maybe not.

But I do think he redeemed himself in Miami and will be remembered in a mostly positive light. At least I hope so...

Sure loved to see him killing it on the jet sweep...And the way he ran down Krable and chopped his legs out (when we intro'd the WC in NE and Ronny was tearing the field to pieces) was nasty!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 08, 2012 06:42PM

And we MISUSED HIM TOO. When we had Ricky and Ronnie, it was obvious that Ronnie was the power back INSIDE and Ricky needed to be in open space to put on his uncanny moves.

We never understood that. We kept trying to run Ricky up the middle and Ronnie on the outside. The only times we were successful with Ricky, or the overwhelming number of times we were successful with him, were when we threw him short passes out of the backfield. Again he was in open space.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.