HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Salute to JT #99
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A Salute to JT #99
Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 02, 2012 10:48PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Salute to JT #99
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2012 02:53AM

When that pretty boy retire how long can he play at that level? Then it will be time to start kicking that team's ass. It's hard to beat the other team when the QB is better if you need proof reference back to this team during Dan Marino'e era.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 03, 2012 05:05AM

Zach Thomas and Jason Thomas are forever linked to the Dolphins. Both are good men. IMO both brought tenacity and greatness to the Dolphins' defense that was respected throughout the league. It was sad to see Thomas leave and finally retire and now Taylor's retirement. Both are worthy of HOF status, retirement of their jersey numbers (54/99) and their names on the ring of the stadium. smileys with beer

Considering that BB and TB usually say nothing, comments made are a tribute to Taylor's ability and future HOF entry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 05:05AM by colonel.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:17AM

JT's a great player and a first ballot HOF'er in my book.

He's also not half the Dolphin his brother-in-law was.

That said, I'll be the first to stand up and applaud his career when the Jets induct him into their ring of honor.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:39AM

JT was class and quality

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 03, 2012 08:41AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JT was class and quality

No offense, and I'm sure he's a good guy as a person, but that just isn't the case as a Dolphin.

When Parcells/Sparano/Ireland came here he had the opportunity (along with Zach thomas, to be a leader and be in the building every day learning the new defense, helping the younger guys get better and get on the same page.

He CHOSE to spend two months in Hollywood dancing with the stars.

Zach was in the gym every day.

Then when he came back and Parcells rightfully gave him the cold shoulder for letting the team down, he pouted and orchestrated a trade to a contender.

I won't even get into the whole debacle that led to him going to the Jets.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2012 12:13PM

JT was not class and quality.

Great player. But not classy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 03, 2012 12:52PM

There are degrees of class or better yet.....there are degrees of guys who are not classy. You can say JT is not classy but I don't think he approaches the level of "lack of class" as Brandon Marshall.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:00PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:20PM

JT was a great player.

He however bailed when he had the chance to be a real leader. He overestimated himself and allowed a pissing contest between he and parcells due to his ego (Parcells too).

Not classy in my book, mis-directed, and turned out to be more the Drama Queen than the awesome player I thought he was at the time.

Salute for the years "pre drama queen" Boo for the drama years, cudos for coming back and contributing fore the last half of this season (along with the rest of the team).

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 01:47PM

i dont think you can say he wasnt class..as a fan yeah was a bit pissed and wish he had handled things differently a few years ago but who am i to say what went on and how much choice he had in the matter (maybe he even regrets it now) but overall ht e guys is def a class act in my book and imo wanting anything more out of the guy to be viewed as a "class guy" is setting the bar a bit too high...thanks JT

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:08PM

JT was total class. And I would say in his battles with Parcells, consider who was his adversary. I'd take JT's side any day. Parcells is a complete jerk. Again, I totally forgive JT for the 2 years he played elsewhere. We got a 2d round pick as a result of one of them (turned into pat white, but still), and the year he went to the jets, Ireland and Parcells basically dared him to leave and were putting him in a really bad spot. He had very little choice.
JT was one of the all time great Miami Dolphins on the field and in the community. Sorry to see him go but glad he went out with the honors he deserved.

Posted by: runrickyrun ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:25PM

U think JT bought Zach something for Christmas or did he let his wife do it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.