HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Weedon
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Weedon
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 05:34AM

apart from his age (he'll be a 28 year old rookie I think), is there anything else about the OK State QB that doesn't translate? He looked great last night, quick release, seems to have adequate size and good arm strength. Maybe getting him in the 2d (if he lasts that long) and Blackmon in the 1st could be a way to go. I think Luck and RG3 are pipe dreams at this point---CLE can out bid us in any move up scenario. Of the plan Bs, I think we could do worse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weedon
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 03, 2012 05:44AM

If the scouts fell in love with him and were convinced he'd make a good pro QB, I wouldn't let his age stop from drafting him, his age would obviously diminish his value a bit, but keep in mind, Kurt Warner didn't start playing good until his late 20's also. He looked good but i'm not a scout, so I'll trust there judgement .

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:03AM

Wheeden will be 29 in October.

He has talent for sure, but the biggest problem with drafting him is that you have a 6 year career window and 1-2 of them are going to be spent learning the pro game.

I don't think that is worth a 1st round pick or even a high 2nd.

If he was there in round 3 I'd have no issues with taking him.

He has 1st round skills, its just a weird situation where your return on investment is affected by the shelf life of an average NFL franchise QB.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:00AM

Chris Weinke looked good coming out of college as well, but his age caught up with him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:04AM

wineke seems like a good comparison, but I lump him more along the lines of guys like danny wuerfull who i don't think were ever considered to be top prospects despite huge passing numbers in college, due to arm strength or whatever. Not first round material.
I guess I am wondering is whether except for his age, wheedon would be a high first round pick? I haven't followed him closely enough to know

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 03, 2012 09:04AM

He looked about the same as Matt Moore to me last night, of course, recognizing comparing college players opposing him to pro players opposing Moore.

In fact, his accuracy seemed a little less than Moore.

He often missed receivers too short or too long when they were covered.

Moore's accuracy problems occur when he is under pressure.

Weeden looked good when his receivers were wide open on blown coverages.

Hey, if he was around in later rounds, I'd draft him and give him a shot but hope no one has delusions of drafting him with the number 10 pick.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2012 12:14PM

29 year old rookie? No thanks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:47PM

no interest here. there are plenty of young, talented guys we could pick up in the 2nd or 3rd. berk, i don't think age is the main deterrent in drafting him. he has a nice release, ok strength, and good accuracy which amounts to an average arm in the nfl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.