HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano keeps his job
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Sparano keeps his job
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 27, 2011 09:46AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 10:02AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

>
> Berk, you have a habit of arguing with people just
> to be contrary and without thinking things
> through.

Pot, meet kettle.

what makes you think the cowboys didn't tell their players to take a knee in that situation, or the players discussed this before the play was run? I don't know. Neither do you, though you pretend to. My original point was everyone assuming we "let" them score to have time on the clock for a TD, and I was pointing out that we couldn't "make" them score if they didn't want to.

as the link I posted showed, this exact thing has happened before on the offensive end, with westbrook taking a knee at the 1 rather than score and allow the other team to get the ball back. I don't think your scenario (the D letting the O score) has ever happened, at least been documented as happening.

Date: November 27, 2011 10:37AM

Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 27, 2011 03:20PM

Look regardless of what happend if Fist pump didnt love kicking the ball so much and if he actualy realized that the game of football doesnt mean its all about "FOOT" ball and went for the two point conversion instead of playing the FOOT ball with the extra point then this whole argument could have been avoided.

Also if they would have done that and let Murray just run in and score and we took it down and scored it would be known as one of the most EPIC play call's in the history of NFL, instead we got chip shotted by a bunch of bitch's.

Date: November 27, 2011 04:21PM

And my math was even wrong. Had they scored a TD while we were ahead at 19-17, it would have been 24-19. If we had gotten the ball back with 2 minutes and scored a TD, we would have won, not tied as I theorized above.

Of course, Epic is right about the two point conversion. We would have been up 20-17 and they would have probably played for overtime.

Date: November 27, 2011 11:15PM

Well if it was done, then I stand corrected. I have never seen or heard of it. Its just not somthing you do. It would take a very very confident Coach with Super huge big brass ones to pull off such a play.

Tony is the kind of guy that kicks a feild goal instead of risking a 4th and 1 on the 20 Yd line. Risk is not part of his make up.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 27, 2011 11:30PM

I'll be anxiously awaiting to see Stevie Johnson mock Sparanos' fist pumps when we play the Bills again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 11:31PM by 808phan.

Date: November 28, 2011 09:03AM

Treasure, I know Tony is the guy who kicks field goals and fist-pumps but I always thought it was due to his lack of intelligence rather than his lack of courage.

In the one time I saw the concede the touchdown done, it seems I remember the analyzers going over it and saying it was a good strategy.

I don't think it takes as much brass balls as a good head on you.

Let's suppose Sparano had done it and the score would have been 24 to 19 in favor of the Cowboys. Let's suppose further that we got the ball and were unable to make a touchdown and lost the game 24-19.

The argument the coach would have faced was that we gave them a touchdown and we didn't even know for sure that they would have made the field goal, which if they didn't, would have meant we would have won.

But realistically, the odds of blocking a field goal from the line of scrimmage being the 29 (or as it turns out when we let them keep running the ball, the 5 yard line) would have been worst than the odds of us scoring a touchdown following a kickoff.

And the fact is that it was Dallas' design that we would never get our hands on the ball again. They made us use all of our timeouts and then ran out the clock anyway.

Conceding the touchdown would have given us the ball with all our timeouts.

In the final analysis, the Court of Public Opinion is always swayed by the football analysts and not the fans and I can't help but think that the analysts would have said it was not only the smart play but the only realistic way we had even a chance of winning.

Our real best chance of winning disappeared when we let the Cowboys drive the ball down to our 29 yard line. Our remaining chances then were slim and none.

Slim was conceding a touchdown and trying to come back and score one of our own.

None was hoping to block the field goal after Dallas had run out the clock.

Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:28AM

Amen.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 12:25PM

EpicDolphinFan Wrote:
> Amen.

Inst there a show name like that. DEAKON FRIED.

You are fried.

Date: November 28, 2011 09:33PM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 04, 2011 11:47AM

This team is playing really good football does Sparano keep his job I say yes his team rallied around him, and they are playing inspired football. Sparano gets 1 more year to finish what he started in my opinion.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 04, 2011 12:58PM

He keeps his job for another week IMO, still got 5 games left, let's see how we end up.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 04, 2011 01:23PM

The thing with Sparano is that he is showing that he CAN get it done...not saying that he should keep his job but the way the team has played over the past few weeks begs the question.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 04, 2011 01:24PM

I will give him this, the players love the guy.

Never, I have ever seen players love a loser so much. Its very weird here in Miami.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 04, 2011 02:46PM

if the titans lose out and we win out and a whole bunch of other teams lose out we are in the playoffs damn im excited

Date: December 04, 2011 02:50PM

So it was you who stole my stash, angryseas!

Date: December 04, 2011 02:52PM

SIGH. Tony won't let up will he? sad smiley

This will be a strange OFF Season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 02:53PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 04, 2011 03:03PM

If the Dolphins win out, knock the jest out of the wildcard spot and knock cheaters out of home field advantage throughout, I will consider the season a success and call for Sparano to keep his job.
The o-line is playing much better.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 04, 2011 03:10PM

not in a long time chyren get tested now days think we will be mathmatically out next week hat ehow the season became so meaningless soo early had we not not blown the cle and den games at least i could delude myslef til the end of the season

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 04, 2011 03:38PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the Dolphins have gotten better ever since Henne want out.
I knew that's what it would take for the team to start winning.
For Henne to get hurt in order to force Moore into the starting lineup.
I think it's now safe to say that we went into this year with a mid-grade backup as our starting QB.
The jury is in, and Henne should be out. As in out of the question as our franchise QB choice as well as out starter.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 04, 2011 04:26PM

socalphin Wrote:
> The jury is in, and Henne should be out.

I agree. Last year some fans were clambering for Tyler Thigpen last year, now Moore. Henne definitely is NOT the answer.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 04, 2011 05:11PM

I think Sparano has treated his players like men after starting 0-7. He basically told them if I go some of you are going with me. That seem to wake their sorry asses up. This isn't the same team, and Sparano isn't the same coach. For this reason Sparano will stay after we finish 7-9 or 8-8. The pieces are in place with an easier schedule next year to make a good run deep into the playoffs me thinks.

Date: December 04, 2011 06:40PM

Finshady Wrote:
> I think Sparano has treated his players like men
> after starting 0-7. He basically told them if I
> go some of you are going with me. That seem to
> wake their sorry asses up. This isn't the same
> team, and Sparano isn't the same coach. For this
> reason Sparano will stay after we finish 7-9 or
> 8-8. The pieces are in place with an easier
> schedule next year to make a good run deep into
> the playoffs me thinks.

Methinks if we follow this formula we're headed back into mediocrity once again. How many times did fans give Wanny a "second chance"? Wanny DID take us into the playoffs...but he dismantled the team in the process. In 3 years Sparano hasn't showed he has what it takes to be a great coach. I certainly don't expect he's finally learned that in a few weeks. I sincerely hope Ross isn't considering keeping Tony.

Date: December 04, 2011 06:50PM

Date: December 04, 2011 07:19PM

I think that was the Giants game.

I'm wondering if Sparano is blowing out teams to try to save his job. Hopefully Ross won't be that gullible.

Date: December 04, 2011 07:56PM

montequi Wrote:
> socalphin Wrote:
> -----
> > The jury is in, and Henne should be out.
>
> I agree. Last year some fans were clambering for
> Tyler Thigpen last year, now Moore. Henne
> definitely is NOT the answer.

I wanted Henne's head in a jar after last year. The dude drives me nuts.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 04, 2011 08:13PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The fact that Sparano even did crap like this to
> me means he has forfeited his job and we'd be
> fools to have him come back.

I agree! At Dallas: 4 trips in the red zone, and no TDs? This has been going on for years, and a few wins against mediocre teams won't change my opinion. How about not holding on to late leads by sustaining drives, and the defense falling flat at the end of the game when it is needed the most? We outplayed Cleveland, Denver, and Dallas only to lose at the end. Miami mostly dominated the Raiders for 3 quarters. How about the 4th quarter? Raiders score twice, and Miami got nothing. Yes, they won, but if they had played a good team it would have been another loss. 4th quarter playcalling and execution is what wins close games, and Miami has been terrible in those areas for the past few years (no matter who was OC or Quarterback). It seems like Miami is only winning against teams that allow them to take a big lead. They still haven't beaten any good teams.

Yes, they are improved, but still need work on both offense and defense. This coaching staff is not the answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 04:43AM by gofins60.

Date: December 04, 2011 08:18PM

Date: December 04, 2011 08:46PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > I wanted Henne's head in a jar after last year.
> > The dude drives me nuts.
>
> The most critical, and perhaps the only,
> difference between Matt Moore and Henne is that
> Henne is a child and runs the plays he is told.
> You saw an example today of Moore burning two
> timeouts to go back to the sidelines and say "are
> F...ing NUTS????? You want me to call WHAT? Hell
> No!!! I'm not going to do it. Now do you have
> another suggestion that is not CRAZY AS
> HELL????????"
>
> Henne just did what he was told and was made the
> goat for it.

And that's exactly what drove me nuts the most. No testicular fortitude whatsoever to take command of that offense & be a true leader.

He was a "yes" man to Dan Henning. He refused to audible or listen to his receivers' suggestions as the game was being played. They even complained about it, well at least one did publicly. Take your guess who that was. lol

I seriously felt last year that the two people who held this team back the most had names that began with "Henn".

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.