HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano keeps his job
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sparano keeps his job
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 05, 2011 12:11PM

Too little too late. Even with a a dallas win we don't get in.

Tony's and the team's screwup started in September and built a mountain of losses that can't get fixed starting in game 8. Not this year and not any other year either.

Dolphins need to figure out what it takes to get a team ready to play at the same time the rest of the league is asked to be ready - Yes September not Mid-November.

This team and this coach knew that after all the hoopla coach and QB issues at the end of last year. If they were gonna be here to play for the coach, or God forbid for themselves and the fans, then why so late?

Answer: Not ready for prime time mentality. I can when when noone expects it only. Ughhh, annoys the heck out of me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 05, 2011 01:19PM

Jumping in late on this thread.

Sparano may be learning--changing practices and working out differently, however, winning now is a little too late to make a difference in the divisional race. He shows he can adapt but is very slow on the uptake, IMO. I do believe, the Fins were poorly coached and confused, rather than motivated, as most have to be at the beginning of the season to win games. In close ball games, he has shown little tactical knowledge and that has come to light at least 8 times. IMO, these late wins do not secure his coaching job for 2012.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 06, 2011 12:21AM

I'm curious to see if losing the last three games of the season for the past two years will be repeated or overcome.

We were 11-5 in '08 with Penny as our starter. A good or bad QB can make or break a coach. Once Henne took over permanently for Penny, this team went downhill big time. Proof right there that good QB play is essential to an entire teams' success.

Naturally Tony is ultimately going to take the rap for a bad season, but if the F.O. hadn't put so much faith into Henne and crammed him down all of our throats when it was clearly obvious that he had no "it" factor, perhaps Tony wouldn't have been backed into this corner that he's in while still trying to learn how to have a better coaching mind at the same time.

I'm inclined to wait and see what the next four games will show. If better QB play also makes Tony a better coach for the rest of the season and finish strong for a change, I'll take it from there. I for one believe that this man was set up to fail, and that Parcells knew it but used the excuse of a new owner to bail.

I'd give Tony some serious kudos if ends up rising from the gutter to become a successful coach someday, because he'd be doing it by going through a hell of a lot of hard knocks. More so than any other coach I've seen so far in my lifetime, all the while keeping a class act composure the whole time.

To conclude this, please, don't anybody get me wrong here. I'm not saying that Matt Moore is going to be the next Curt Warner, but I do consider him to be a bit of an upgrade over Henne so far with this team. I would love to see this F.O. invest in a pedigree 1st round prospect for the first time since '83, and finally realize that the QB position is the most important one on the field. Any coach, no matter who, needs the right tools to work with.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 04:19AM

I don't think matt moore will be the next curt warner either. He's not a RB.

Date: December 06, 2011 04:48AM

Unfortunately with every Win it gets harder and harder to secure a Top QB prospect and harder to Fire Tony Saprano. If we keep winning we might only have a chance at 29 yr old Weeden , and Saprano will surely not grab for a QB after Matt Moore just saved his ass. I think we have finally seen the last of Chad Henne though. Its time for him to go to another Team and become successful anyway..........eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 09, 2011 06:34AM

I'm a bit puzzled by the sentiment that everything is being done to poor Tony Sparano.

1. The head coach has a lot of influence in QB selection, and Tony was clearly on the Henne bandwagon for waaay too long.

2. I also think his meddling ret5arded instead of helped henne, as he overcontrolled him to the point he was scared to play.

3. I agree with all that a quality QB would help miami a lot, but the head coaching job is not in my opinion why we are winning now. It is because Sparano is letting go and letting his D coordinator and O coordinators do their jobs. He should have done that a long time ago!

4. Draft- There are an awful lot of good QBs in the draft coming up. We'll get better for the future. Do hope we get a decent pick slot.

5. lastly, there is a deep seeded issue that I'm gonna start a new thread on that I'd like to hear people's thoughts. What does it take to get the Phins playing good ball in September?
- Bottom line my two cents is that both the head coach and the contracts need to deal with it. Incentives should be targeted for not just total season but 1st and last half.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.