HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andy Reid
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Andy Reid
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:06AM

Poll
Andy Reid?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
17 votes were received.
yay 5

29%
nay 12

71%

sure looks like this guy is not long for philly, either getting canned or quitting.
do we want him as our next coach?
pros-
amazing ability to make crap QBs look good for him alone (mcnabb, kolb, feely)
deemed offensive guru which we could use
very successful in regular season and up to championship game
unlike some of the "names" (cowher, gruden) would be highly motivated

cons-
would problaby want full personnel control and he wasn't so good at that with philly
made dumbest decision I've seen in a long time making his OL coach D coordinator, and it blew up in his face predictably
"can't win the big one"
supposedly a horrible time manager and makes dubious in-game decisions

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andy Reid
Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:24AM

Hell no. I dont want his fat ... stupid face looking moron. I would rather keep Sparano over this mountain of poopies.

Date: November 28, 2011 09:52AM

maybe you are dolfan1/stunner/etc etc

some striking similarities....

Date: November 28, 2011 09:56AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:12AM

Anyone who votes "no" is nuts, you guys realize what we might be staring at? Try these names on for size; Wade Philips, Norv Turner, Mike Nolan, Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini, Brian Schottenhiemer, etc.
Any one of those names are a real possibilty, i'd take Gruden/Fisher/Cowher/Ried or even Billick over those names anyday.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:26AM

I don't know. He's like Sparano-squared when it comes to clock management. I'd consider him if Gruden/Fisher/Cowher are off the table.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:39AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 28, 2011 04:40PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:01PM

If Gruden won't take the job...I'd stay with Sparano, much to the dismay of the fans. I'm not sold on Cowher's desire to stay, put in the hours, and get the job done, and not sure about Fisher's ability to improve the team.

Brian Billick, Wade Philips, Norv Turner, Mike Nolan, Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini, Brian Schottenhiemer, Rob Ryan, etc...ummmm no.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:18PM

much more likely to go after a current coordinator than some of those wash ups named above

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 05, 2011 01:36PM

Andy Reid is fat but no cretin. I'd take Reid over Sparano any day.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 05, 2011 08:08PM

So what, we'd fire a coach and then hire another who just got fired? I don't see the logic in it.

Date: December 06, 2011 02:04AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what, we'd fire a coach and then hire another
> who just got fired? I don't see the logic in it.

The coach that was just fired has been to the playoffs repeatedly and even to the Superbowl once. That's a whole lot more than Sparano can claim.

Date: December 06, 2011 01:17PM

Date: December 06, 2011 05:01PM

Gimmie a f'ing break.

There comes a time when the coach recycling needs to stop. Look at Parcells. He accomplished more than Ried ever did, came here to be the mastermind, and still ended up screwing this team over.

Go take a look around the PFT and other sports news articles comments. You'd see that Philly fans hate on Reid more than those here who want Sparano out. We'd be replacing those same fans down the road who are complaining now.

Sorry, I voted to pass on Reid. Don't like it? Too bad. I'd rather go for the guy who would be sought after to replace the fired grade B coach, whoever that might be.

Date: December 06, 2011 06:57PM

Date: December 06, 2011 07:23PM

shula wasn't fired by the colts, no way. we even had give up a draft pick to the colts to get him. I figured an old timer like you would know that, since you were around back then

Date: December 06, 2011 07:23PM

How about we go after one who was in a more recent Super Bowl, Chyren. How's 2010? Close enough?

Yeah, lets get Jim Caldwell! Oh but wait...even though his team is now 0-12 without his franchise QB he isn't getting fired. Gee..what a motivator he must be huh? Damn...we're really missing out!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 07:28PM by 808phan.

Date: December 07, 2011 02:26AM

808phan Wrote:
> Gimmie a f'ing break.
>
> There comes a time when the coach recycling needs
> to stop. Look at Parcells. He accomplished more
> than Ried ever did, came here to be the
> mastermind, and still ended up screwing this team
> over.
>
> Sorry, I voted to pass on Reid. Don't like it? Too
> bad. I'd rather go for the guy who would be sought
> after to replace the fired grade B coach, whoever
> that might be.

Parcells wasn't the coach here. You want to stop recycling? You mean give a coordinator, assistant, or college HC a chance? Wait...we tried that...all 3. Cameron, Sparano, and Saban. How did those guys work out? Last time we gave a previous HC with a decent record a chance it was JJ. That may have worked out if he didn't burn out.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 07, 2011 02:39AM

Reid is a really poor coach, I have seen him various times looking utterly confused as to what to do in various game situations. On the other hand, he does seem to have a knack for acquiring and making the best out of the talent he is given, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Personally, I'd prefer Sporano over him...and I don't like Sporano.

Date: December 07, 2011 07:53AM

Date: December 07, 2011 08:00AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> shula wasn't fired by the colts, no way. we even
> had give up a draft pick to the colts to get him.
> I figured an old timer like you would know that,
> since you were around back then

Well, my memory had failed me. Shula was getting so heavily criticized for the Namath loss that basically when he signed with us, one could have sworn he got chased out of Baltimore if not outright fired. So that's what the fault was.

However, returning to the point. 808 phan argued that we should never hire a coach that was let go (disfavored) by another team regardless of how well (Super Bowl loser) he performed.

I just pointed out how illogical that reasoning was.

And like I said, the name of the game is UPGRADE.

Isn't that what you've been SCREAMING FOR yourself at the position of quarterback, berk?????????????????????????????????

Date: December 07, 2011 05:11PM

I didn't say never Chyren. I would take Jim Mora in a heartbeat. His entertainment value in itself would make me LMFAO whenever this team would lose, easing the pain considerably.

I was specifically referring to Andy Reid, and then threw in Caldwell just for fun. Now I think I'll throw in Shanarat. He's a SB winning coach, then he went downhill & got fired. Look at the Redskins now. Same record as ours, but this team is on an upswing and theirs is a wreck. Would you want him here too?

The debate here is about Sparano vs. Reid in particular Chyren. Both of these teams have the same record at the moment, and soon one will fall to the other. The Eagles as a team are dysfunctional and messed up right now, and their fans are about ready to all stand in line for some Prozac. If things are going better for this team than theirs and continue to do so, why would you want Reid here if he's fired?

I know you don't like Tony and I respect your opinion. Andy Reid was what he was, but look who he is now. I used to be a stud at the beach & good at Surfing, did it for 25 years, but now I'd drown if I paddled out at Sunset beach or Pipeline.

My whole entire point is this Chyren - Just because someone was once good at something, it doesn't mean they still are.

Date: December 07, 2011 05:18PM

bellichek was a retread too.

Date: December 07, 2011 05:23PM

& I'd take him in a heartbeat. It depends on who is who.

Date: December 08, 2011 10:58AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 08, 2011 03:22PM

Yeah, Billichick absolutely stunk at Cleveland and he's been pretty darm brilliant (and pretty darm lucky too but that goes with it)with the Pat's...sometimes re-treads do work out. But Gruden is the only one I'd be interested in for the Phins.

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: December 08, 2011 05:45PM

Tony Dungy was fired by Tampa Bay. Did alright with Indy as a retread. Mike Shanahan was fired by the Raiders. Did alright as a retread with the Broncos. Tom Coughlin was fired by the Jags. Has done alright as a retread with the Giants. Bill Belicheck... oh wait, we covered that already.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 08, 2011 09:53PM

Parcells, Johnson and Wanny were retreads too... just saying tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.