HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano keeps his job
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sparano keeps his job
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:42PM

The team played well today, but did not win too many mistakes in the red zone caused this team yo lose by a point. This team can play with the best in the league on a day when their QB played great. Sparano keeps his job because of the turn around this season. I know they started slow, but they have turned it around. I can't fault the way Moore played either because it's a tough turn around after a one prctice week. I hate the freaking Cow bitches because they always seem to get all the calls. I can't stand their drunken immature owner, and I wish we could of won. However this team is better than them we just did not win on the score board. To me Sparano, and Ireland both stay as this team looks to improve next year. Do you guys agree?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sparano keeps his job
Posted by: EpicDolphinFan ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:47PM

Hell no Sparano cost us this game.

Are you blind?

I told my wife when we got the ball with 5 to go after our first two plays I said we just lost the game.

How the hell do you not go for a Two point conversion?

There is no ill affect in missing on the two point conversion.

Making it then we would be in overtime, missing it we still lose.

Why play conservative against Dallas especially when your team is ballin, and moving at ease?

Why put the game in your defense's hands when clearly they cannot stop Witten and Murray with Dallas's little pussy ass dump off pass's.

Dallas is not going to advance in the playoffs and our team has the talent just not the coaching to win.

This loss is CLEARLY evident of that, and I guarantee it right now if Sparano stay's this team will be 5-11 next year GUARANTEE!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:01PM

"our team has the talent just not the coaching to win."

Exactly! CAn't win a close one because of it.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:17PM

EpicDolphinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hell no Sparano cost us this game.
>
> Are you blind?
>
> I told my wife when we got the ball with 5 to go
> after our first two plays I said we just lost the
> game.

RE: I said the same thing, but for a different reason. EVERYTIME we need our defense to step up, make a play and get a stop late in a game...they can't get it done. Much the same as EVERYTIME we need our offense to get a first down to seal the win...they go three and out.
>
> How the hell do you not go for a Two point
> conversion?

RE: Because the vast majority of the time they don't work.
>
> There is no ill affect in missing on the two point
> conversion.
>
> Making it then we would be in overtime, missing it
> we still lose.

RE: Agree.
>
> Why play conservative against Dallas especially
> when your team is ballin, and moving at ease?

RE: The biggest problems tonight were no consistsnecy with the running game, an offensive line that got pushed around, and too many innacurate thows by Moore.
>
> Why put the game in your defense's hands when
> clearly they cannot stop Witten and Murray with
> Dallas's little pussy ass dump off pass's.

RE: Because sooner or later the defense is gonna actually get a stop to win a game...they have the players they just need to get it done.
>
> Dallas is not going to advance in the playoffs and
> our team has the talent just not the coaching to
> win.

RE: Disagree in THIS cae.
>
> This loss is CLEARLY evident of that, and I
> guarantee it right now if Sparano stay's this team
> will be 5-11 next year GUARANTEE!!!

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:55PM

3 and 8 is a turn around ?

Sparano has to GO !!!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:57PM

And here I thought people would come back down to earth.

Date: November 24, 2011 04:02PM

HORRIBLE COACHING!!!!!!! If he were a first year coach I MIGHT give him the benifit of doubt. Can't manage the clock, terrible decisions co$t us that game. They played well considering it was an away game with only 3 days to prepare, but Saprano needs to go. that much is Crystal clear. Good news is that we are not a total rebuild project which should give us a better chance at landing a Top tier Coach.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 24, 2011 04:19PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> HORRIBLE COACHING!!!!!!! If he were a first year
> coach I MIGHT give him the benifit of doubt. Can't
> manage the clock, terrible decisions co$t us that
> game.

Yep. Same old Sparano.

Date: November 24, 2011 09:37PM

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: November 25, 2011 05:36AM

You have 5 minutes and some odd seconds to go and what do you do? You run Reggie Bush up the middle, even when you have a north/south running back sitting on the bench, that you just drafted in the first round. Sparano, only listens to his players and their egos, instead of deciding who will close out a game on his own....Bush will never be an every down, up the middle back that's why the Saints canned him and drafted Ingram.

Also, Sparano plays not to lose instead of winning, and that's his downfall.

We need a coaching staff. There's talent embedded in the team but there's no leadership or game management. That's the core problem with the Dolphins.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:00AM

I just can't stop laughing at that picture

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 25, 2011 06:35PM

I could cut Tony some slack because Parcells put this system together, hired Henning, drafted Henne, brought in the Dallas guys.

So this was the first year where Ireland and Tony did things on their own. I can see some decent draft decisions. I can see where Ireland has shown restraint....which hasn't helped Tony....but I'm glad we didn't trade for Orton.

But....Tony has shown me enough over the last few years that he isn't a 'clutch' coach. He doesn't know how to manage a tight situation....like a lead.

Tony also doesn't know how to use his roster. Daniel Thomas has played well...then Bush has a hot game and Thomas is shelved. Hartline makes a great play and he is back on the sideline. Not an issue after a long run...but every time he makes a catch...he's on the sideline.

Tony let's his OC make bad choices. A few times when Moore has made a play...Daboll goes to stupid trick plays that High School coaches would be embarrassed to use.

Why are we always slow starters? why is there always some under-utilized player on the roster? Why are there still game clock management issues?

Tony might get a 2nd shot with another team....but he isn't the guy to fix this ship.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 09:08PM

realist,

you make good points and i agree with most. sporano has done some good things for the franchise and seems like a nice guy and a good leader. however, he is lacking big time when making decisions in the game. i think we need an offensive minded coach to come in and take over. I would be fine keeping Nolan as DC but i could care less about any of the other coaches.

also, i am in favor of keeping Ireland. I think Ireland has done a nice job collecting talent and since Henne was Parcells guy I'll give him a pass on that one. Really there are only a few holes on the roster and pretty nice depth at a lot of positions as well. Keeping Ireland will prevent a gutting of the team and allow some continuity in the organization which is important. I am most concerned with the gutting of the roster. We have a very nice roster as I said and I do not want some hot shot coach coming in and clearing everyone out.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 26, 2011 03:15AM

If Ross fires Sparano, I think, to land a big name like Gruden, Cowher, or Fisher, he'd have to give the coach the option of picking who stays and who goes...including the GM.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 26, 2011 04:02AM

Im starting to have a weird feeling that our franchise will be a mess this offseason.

I could see Cowher, Gruden, and maybe even Jeff Fisher turning down our Head Coaching gig.

I am about 100% Cowher and Gruden will.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 26, 2011 06:16AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I could see Cowher, Gruden, and maybe even Jeff
> Fisher turning down our Head Coaching gig.
>
> I am about 100% Cowher and Gruden will.

The weird thing is that, early in the year, Gruden sounded like he was auditioning for the job during his color commentary. The worst thing that could happen here would be that not only Cowher and Gruden don't take the job in Miami..but they don't take ANY HC job. That will leave Fisher with a ton of choices, which would be bad for us.

I think what we need to root for is a string of close losses. Close games where our defense plays well but we're let down late. Then, hopefully, it will come down to this:

1. We have talent and are not that far from winning (hence, NOT rebuilding).

2. We'll have a high draft choice and a chance at one of the top QBs coming out this year.

3. Sparano and Ireland, will be gone at the end of the year.

That combination SHOULD be attractive to a top coach.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: November 26, 2011 08:27AM

Stephen Ross is not an ATTRACTIVE owner for anyone to work for. No reputable coach is going to come here until we prove we care about football. I say we keep Tony Sparoano one more year if he keeps this energy I've seen the last 4 weeks.

Date: November 26, 2011 08:36AM

Energy!? Anyone can do a Fist Pump when we score a feild goal. This is not Kindergarten where you try to encourage 5yr olds. These are Goddamn professionals. When all they can get is a feild goal, Don't encourage it, Look at like what it is. A MISSED OPOURTUNITY. -4 not +3.

I want to see his passion go another way. Grab recievers by the face mask when they drop a pass. LEARN HOW TO MANAGE THE CLOCK! Play to win , NOT TO LOSE.

He has been around long enough to show what he is made of. Last year should have been his last. No question, if we do NOTHING next off season , if we just upgrade the head coach posistion we are a substantially better football club.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 10:15AM

i don't want fisher. he is a good coach but he has never won a super bowl. why would we want a perennial loser?

gruden obviously cannot manage a roster. he screwed up tampa bay's roster beyond recognition. he is a good coach but we would need a strong gm to keep the roster moves in check.

cowher is the only i would want. cowher would attract some of the best assistant coaches and cowher is a proven winner.

if we can't get cowher then i say we keep sporano unless some young hot shot coach is available.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 26, 2011 10:39AM

Jay Gruden is balling.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 26, 2011 11:06AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2011 01:12PM

Date: November 26, 2011 01:13PM

Fisher had who at QB? Exactly can't win a SB these day's with run first passer's unless the name is TEBOW!!!!

Fisher as our HC would make me happy in pant's.

Date: November 26, 2011 09:17PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2011 04:33AM

what i want to know is, how do u let them score? even if u flop to the ground on D what it to stop them from taking a knee at the 1 yd line like that RB from the eagles did a few years ago, and still running out the clock till the end???

Date: November 27, 2011 04:41AM

Once they get past the 30 yard line and they have first down or second and one you have no time outs you tell your defense to stand up and dont move allowing the offense to score on that play.

I was saying the same thing I wanted them to score once Dallas got to the 35 yard line.

There kicker is amazing and was foolish to allow the game to be decided by a chip shot in a dome against one of the best kickers in the league.

Another horrific non-call by Mr fistpump himself.

Thank's again Sparano your my hero!!

Date: November 27, 2011 04:55AM

epic, how do u respond to my question?

Date: November 27, 2011 06:35AM

Very interesting scenerios gentlemen. Excellent food for thought , but even I have to defend the Little Italian meatball on this. What you guys are proposing is all good and correct but its clearly arm chair QBing at its finest. In the History of the NFL have you ever seen an NFL team stand there and Let a Touchdown just go? Maybe this discussion will enable that tactic in the future, but during game time, on a prime time dias, in front of the world watching , with your job on the line, you can't just tell your players to stand there and let them score.

That gear just insn't in the Transmission. Its just unheard of. maybe a team like the pats could get away with it , with a gun like Brady and a past history of Championship rings. But a 7-3 team with Mat Morrw at the Helm? You just can't sit. Doesn't happen. Its unfair to piss on tony for that. But unfortunatly there is tons more of stuff we can piss all over him for. Golden Shower Tony !!

Date: November 27, 2011 07:21AM

Berk, epic DID RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION. Every NFL player has in his heart to act instinctively as you are arguing and that is to play his heart out. Thus, when they hand the ball off TO A runner,...

1) your defensive lineman stand up and let themselves get pushed aside

and

2) the running back instinctively runs into the endzone.

It's like a "quick kick" punt, the other side is caught off guard.

All this about them taking a knee is very low probability.

Their running back has to catch what we are doing as soon as he sees he's not getting any resistance. That's very unlikely.

More likely he runs into the endzone and celebrates.

He does NOT as you suggest, berk, stop in mid run and say to himself "HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHY ARE THEY NOT TACKLING ME? OH, I GET IT! THEY ARE TRYING TO SCORE A TOUCHDOWN TO STOP THE CLOCK! WELL, I'LL JUST LIE DOWN!"

Come on, berk. That's not realistic.

And Treasure, you are simply wrong on your history.

Teams HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND SIMPLY STOOD UP AND ALLOWED AN OPPONENT TO SCORE A TOUCHDOWN UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.

It's not new. You can be forgiven, Treasure, because you just happen to be a fan of the dumbest coaching staff in history and probably were too young when Shula was coaching.

I'll try to find some links to when other teams have done it.

I think Shula did it.

Date: November 27, 2011 08:56AM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.