HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andrew Luck, the jig is up... reppa's reality
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Andrew Luck, the jig is up... reppa's reality
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 03, 2011 04:34PM

I for one will be very happy with Luck, Landry, or Griffiin...which ever one we get. I would NOT however trade up from two or three to get any of them (we'll need our picks). I'd be completely satisfied with the one that falls to our position...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 03, 2011 05:26PM

Hating on Luck is plain dumb you don"t need a rocket arm to be a very good QB because Jason campbell can throw the ball a ton, and he has sucked as a Qb for every team that he has been on so far. So it takes more than arm strength. You need intelligence to read defenses, and audilble out of bad plays. Luck is a very smart player, and is already calling his own plays and audibles at the line of scrimmage. what more do you guys want? Matt Moore can't see wide open recievers in the endzone on MNF. So give me a damn break. Luck on this team this year, and were easily 5-2 or 4-3, and in the plyoff race. With Luck we go to KC, and whip their ass. Without Luck we go to KC, and maybe by the grace of God perhaps pull out an ugly win. That's the difference in the two. If you can't see that then your as blind as Ray Charles was. Barkley, Landry Jones, Griffin none of these guys has what Luck has. Which is the intangibles in the huddle to win any game he plays in, and that's what we need frankly. Standford is 16-0 in their last 16 games. what is our record? But Luck sucks, and is overrated how in the hell can you guys take youselves seriously when others laugh at your inexplicable comments.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 03, 2011 05:28PM

The Colts did not have a top 3 defense, Crowder.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 04, 2011 03:31AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Colts did not have a top 3 defense, Crowder.

Not at the beginning of the year but by the end they were surely a top 3 defense and the best defense Manning has ever had on his team...So maybe the number are scewed becasue of the slow start, but they were defintely a top defense by the postseason. Freeney was a freak of nature that year. They started slow but were playing unbelievavle by playoffs...
Same with Eli's ring, he has that ring because of the play of the defense, not his ability IMO...

Date: November 04, 2011 03:44AM

Eli isnt a great QB....I dont see where that argument even comes in to this discussion. He is a good QB, not great.

Anywho....I dont care how good you say that D was that year, without Manning, they wouldnt have won 6 games.

You need a great QB to contend in this league, you need good pieces around him and on the rest of the team to win. But, it starts with the QB position.

---------------------

Date: November 04, 2011 04:20AM

Sam bradford is a pretty good Qb, his team suck, he sucks... COnsidered by many the best to come out in years....

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 04, 2011 05:22AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Sam bradford is a pretty good Qb, his team suck,
> he sucks... COnsidered by many the best to come
> out in years....

Great point!!! i thought the same thing especially this past week. Bradford was supposed to be god in human form the best prospect in a decade and he has been stinking up the joint with a stud running back. He gets hurt and in comes AJ touchy feely and they whip up on the saints.

I am not saying that luck is not good. Actually he reminds me of jake locker in college (with the decision making) but just a much weaker arm. When i think if a guy who is the best prospect in 25 years i want to see a freak! basically a guy with the intelligence of payton manning, a cannon arm like cutler or stafford, and sick mobility like a vick. You combine those three guys and yes i would agree that guy would be the best prospect in 40 years!

Date: November 04, 2011 05:36AM

sorry guys i am not a dreamer, i am tired of restarting and restarting... we had like 27 years of winning seasons and since 2004 we have more or less been in the crapper. The constant hope we lose for higher draft picks, the lets fire everyone, we will be better in three years, i want beck, i want henne, now i just give me luck... im going crazy. The team we have right now if you watch is very good. Chad henne is very good and has a big strong arm (yeah i said it, i think he is a probowl level player). We just have to tweak this team. I personally do not think that Luck could sling it in the swirling winds of NY or fit the ball in traffic in blizzards in NE. We do not have a great running game so we need a qb that can fire the football. Late in the season we play typically two cold away AFC east games, to get it done I dont think luck is that guy jmo. Please someone give me a counter argument other than he is god and can fly...lol

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:11AM

The debate is moot. The new regime in Miami, if selecting first, will take Andrew Luck. Luck will do more than just play in Miami, he'll immediately become the face of the franchise and he will sell tickets. Having Luck as your QB will make Ross' investment worth a lot more. At the end of the day, its always about the money.

Date: November 04, 2011 06:29AM

Man, some people really want us to stay as a cellar dwellar in this league.

I dont understand it!! confused smiley

---------------------

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 04, 2011 09:17AM

Lol, he reminds you of Jake Locker?

Yeah, this guy who completes like 70% of his passes reminds me exactly of a guy who completed about 50% of his passes.

Date: November 04, 2011 12:07PM

Andrew Luck is the best prospect to come along in decades. No doubt about it. We have the chance to get him, we jump all over it.

But we all have to plan around that scenerio happening. Plenty of Teams win championships without Peyton manning, Tom Brady,Big Ben, or a host of others. Breeze didn't come out as a killer rookie. He developed into what he is. Same for many QB's wearing a championship ring.

All I'm saying is , Let it go. What will happen , will happen. And if its not Luck, its not the end of the world. What we DO need to discuss and hope for is Ross picks the right Mind to LEAD us. Without that we are sunk no matter what.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 04, 2011 01:20PM

I greatly prefer Luck, but if we don't get him it is because the football godz wish it to be. I am 100% sure we pick in the top 3 and we pick a QB with that pick.

I look forward to next season's training camp. Should be lot's of excitement - new coaches; new QB. Oh yeah.

Date: November 04, 2011 01:24PM

We don't NEED Luck...sure it would be great to have him (and I think he'd be fine throwing in NY or NE in Janaury because Pennington was OK there) but he is not a necessity for the Phins. We have Henne, who is decent and improving, as well as Moore who is getting better with playing time, so any of the top three or four guys in the draft will improve the team, IMHO. We need a better core of players around whomever is the QB and a better, more motivational coach.

Players have to make plays and coaches need to get them in position to make plays.

Good things will happen with those two things alone.

If Luck is available to us...great, take him and don't look back. If he isn't then take the QB who is, add more talent and speed around him, get a better coach, improve the sytem, and again don't look back.

Date: November 04, 2011 01:51PM

Andrew luck is a great player I am not saying that he isnt, I am not even saying not to draft him if we get the chance. i am saying he is way overhyped and his expectations are so high, it is not capable for him to live up to IMO and he does have weaknesses for example, the majority of his interceptions are on those outs and due to lack of zip on the ball, which are most always a pick 6, that is bad. He is a football genius, field general with great poise and room to develop.
I also think when you take the focus off building your team and put it all in a player you have a 20% chance of getting at this point at best is not neccessarily the right way to go for you or the team...i guess it is easy, so that is why fans are doing it... All of this pain and humiliations and losses over the last 7 years are able to be wiped away with one step, instant gratification if we just get this one miracle, cure all in this case Andrew Luck for good or bad.... Hey we are America, we like the mircale quick fix or metaphoric quick buck more then anybody, snake oil salesman have been selling the cure all miracle tonic since the beginning of time probably, why not add Andrew Luck into that stable...

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 04, 2011 10:22PM

I would consider Luck a long term investment. Regardless of the current state of the rest of this team, he's a player that this team could possibly embrace for the next 15 years and maybe then some. Trading him for more picks because the rest of the team sucks would be absolute fail.

Look how long it's been since this franchise invested in a top tier 1st round QB prospect. This franchise has been searching for the right guy for over ten years since Dan left but has been looking in all the wrong places...2nd round or lower or free agency. What's happened? The whole team has changed and then some, and the right QB still isn't here.

It's hard for any fan to not get into Luck's hype, or to not want someone like him. Every day there's someone on TV (today it was Steve Young) saying that Luck is the best prospect that he's seen in his generation. We as fans have been deprived for too long because of the "rebuild everything else first, save the QB for last" mentality. Nothing has been accomplished for over ten years (with the exception of the stability that Penny brought us for a short time). This crap needs to change, once and for all.

Date: November 05, 2011 07:43AM

we have a franchise qb on this team... his name is chad henne

Date: November 05, 2011 08:57AM

I agree with Reppa, chad henne looked like a franchise qb this season before a weird shoulder injury on a broken play.. Releasing Henne or not resigning him would be as stupid as the idea of not drafting Luck if we have the chance.... Hence a bit of a dilemma

Date: November 05, 2011 09:30AM

Henne isn't a delemma at all and neither is Moore. We will need two backup quarterbacks, or a starter, in the event the guy we draft isn't ready to play on day one.

Both Henne and Morre have demonstrated this year by their play that they deserve a "shot" to be on this team going forward. The delemma as far a quarterbacks goes is Devlin...is he good enough to keep on the team and possibly replace Henne or Moore, or not?

Date: November 05, 2011 09:49AM

If we get a chance to draft luck and resign henne would be the smart way to go, but we sure as hell better spend that second on a MLB.
If we don't get A chance to get Luck. I would hope to trade back as far as needed but still draft the top MLB in the draft,and use the extra picks from trading back to pick up the top RT and then look to a receiving TE to compliment fasano and guard.

Date: November 05, 2011 09:49AM

well the issue is what is the best way to improve the team. i know this team does not need to be gutted, i think this team is very young and very talented. And my point was if we could get the first pick i would surely sell to the highest bidder cause luck is waaaayyyyy over valued. Imagine getting two first rounders two seconds and two thirds and more over the next two years. you want another qb with 4 first rounders over the next two years you could use one this year and one next year if needed but you could sell this guy and build a dynasty. That is my point.

Date: November 05, 2011 11:21AM

If you have both Henne and Luck, you guarantee yourself a healthy qb, and put the team in a great situation to trade away whichever one they want at a greater value or cost then the player cost them. Every team that has 2 good or great qb's normally get paid for that st some point and rarely a downside

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 05, 2011 04:26PM

Reppa: What makes you think Henne will come back from this injury unscathed? We haven't had much luck (no pun in tended) in our history with QBs coming back from injury. Marino was never quite the same after the Achilles injury. Culpepper couldn't quite come back the the knee injury. Fiedler was never the same after hurting his shoulder. Pennington...well...no need to go on.

Even if we think Henne COULD be a franchise QB, we'd be stupid not to pick one in a draft that is very QB-strong (with at least 3 guy who should immediately be better than Henne). With Henne hurt, that just doubles the reason.

Date: November 06, 2011 08:49AM

montequi Wrote:
> Reppa: What makes you think Henne will come back
> from this injury unscathed? We haven't had much
> luck (no pun in tended) in our history with QBs
> coming back from injury. Marino was never quite
> the same after the Achilles injury. Culpepper
> couldn't quite come back the the knee injury.
> Fiedler was never the same after hurting his
> shoulder. Pennington...well...no need to go on.
>
> Even if we think Henne COULD be a franchise QB,
> we'd be stupid not to pick one in a draft that is
> very QB-strong (with at least 3 guy who should
> immediately be better than Henne). With Henne
> hurt, that just doubles the reason.

hummm... point well taken cause i dont think matt moore will be able to generate enough hype to be as a franchise guy.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.